Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

1 minute ago, Guest said:

There's no good reason for them to have done that though, because by doing so they'd have been deliberately jeopardising the departure of a player they don't want and who will be leaving for nothing in a few months

Stubbornness? 

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

I think the Everton points deduction has scared clubs. It’s been a quiet transfer window across the board I think. 

The punishment doesn't change the goalposts that were always there, though. Unless you're suggesting our intention was always to exceed ffp?

Edited by Nod.E

I am not actually that fussed we didn't sign this particular player. I think we needed a different type of CM.

However, the way this played out is not a great endorsement for our club or those running it. 

Enzo is already tetchy because of some of our moany fans, so this won't help! 

I would like Top to seriously considering shaking up those below him though.

Feels like things could be handled a lot better with a change of DOF

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

The punishment doesn't change the goalposts that were always there, though. Unless you're suggesting our intention was always to exceed ffp?

I suspect clubs have always sailed close to the wind, and got away with it.  The message has now been sent loud and clear, that unless you’re a Big 6 club, you’re not getting away with it any more.  So yes, I reckon we probably would have breached it slightly, as would many clubs. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This isn't even really about Sensi himself, it's about the bigger picture. How is this situation anything other than shit for us?

We are three players down on when we entered the window. This is factual information. This isn't ITK tweet speculation. This is concrete.

Of those three players we have had one recalled (therefore surely freeing up whatever we were paying him), we have loaned one out (Iversen), and one has retired (Smithies). Thomas went back out on loan to another club.

Sensi was in the country. This is a fact.

We have had a month to get either this or an alternative done. This is a fact.

So for all of these facts, whatever reason there was for him not signing, they are, at best case scenario, a result of being hamstrung by previous poor decisions made by the same regime.

They are the common denominator. This has happened numerous times now.

We are a badly run club. This is a fact a pretty confident opinion.

What’s most annoying is we’ve pissed around with this deal for just over three weeks, have ended up leaving it until the very last minute, then it collapses.

Numerous teams in this league have been able to get deals done pretty sharpish in the past 24-48 hours.

We can’t even thrash out a deal in the span of three weeks. 

It’s no surprise some fans are pissed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I’m no fan of Rudkin and his cronies, but really, we don’t know what happened.  As others have said, it could be that Inter moved the goalposts at the last minute, thinking that having got as far as a medical etc,  we’d agree to new terms.  

This is entirely plausible btw, in my many years of dealing with Italian businesses, they are notoriously ‘pushy’ and will (in my experiences), cut their noses off to spite their face! It’s all conjecture, but if Inter did do that, then I’m pleased we stood our ground, equally, maybe we were trying to shaft Inter and screw them down at the 11th hour. Again, I don’t mind that. Maybe the clubs true position was that we will bring him in if we can get him for X, and used the full length of the window to apply pressure.

If you put yourself in Inter’s shoes …. This guy doesn’t get a game … literally doesn’t get on the pitch, and has a few months left on his contract. Why wouldn’t you accept the only bid you’ve had to get him off your books and get some spare change in the coffers (refer to my original point above).

It’s disappointing not to bring Sensi in, but hopefully he got a hard on at Seagrave, had a dip in the pool and said “Caio for now” and we’ll see him in July!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Anyone spinning this into a positive is delusional. The facts are we've got weaker from this window not stronger👍

We also know the game doesnt stand still.  Learnt the hard way last season.

Club is a complete joke now, might share dagger's image around, I feel its very fitting.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I am not actually that fussed we didn't sign this particular player. I think we needed a different type of CM.

However, the way this played out is not a great endorsement for our club or those running it. 

Enzo is already tetchy because of some of our moany fans, so this won't help! 

I would like Top to seriously considering shaking up those below him though.

Feels like things could be handled a lot better with a change of DOF

We need a proper football man in as DOF. An ex player/manager who understands the game and what's needed than seeing what looks pretty on a balance sheet.

Top, Susan and other board members are there to take care of the business side of things. Get someone to support what's happening on the pitch

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Really? All for someone most fans never even heard of before this transfer window... I refer back to the first part of my post. Massive over reactions here

Think you're projecting a bit.

4 minutes ago, TeamFoFo said:

Then we should've sold. Can't be that hard to sell spare parts (Iheanacho, Ward, Souttar) and come up with £2 million, can it? 

It might be more than £2mill.

Just to expand on your thoughts

there has to be takers offering that minimum.Doesn’t mean our players arent worth it,but what some club wants to dish out in January…

If Australia win or reach Asiacup final…In Summer a few clubs will come calling for Souttar.,but I would prefer him to Coady,even if Nelson is considered for our PL CB stock,because at present I don’t see any better potential than Souttar,who is a decent CB

We need to keep Daka if we part ways with Nacho.

KDH is essential to our system as much as Winks..So selling for selling sake aint

the right approach..Ditto Cannon,Mavididi,Justin,Ricardo.

Though if we could get value for Daka and invest in 2 potential good young players,then it could be worth it.

This summer if possible we have to be Canny,with any potential investments,

.A Tielemans type buy must be understood won’t be on the cards.£40 mill is off

our Scale

10 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

We need a proper football man in as DOF. An ex player/manager who understands the game and what's needed than seeing what looks pretty on a balance sheet.

Top, Susan and other board members are there to take care of the business side of things. Get someone to support what's happening on the pitch

There is no way top and susan are guilt free on this, rudkin is the go between, but the parameters he can work under, the funds available, the negotiating limits will be defined by susan/top.  They also are responsible for keeping him in the position, so that alone makes them culpable.

Looking at all the reports related to things like payment structure, the fact a 500k loan is no different to a 4 year purchase for 2 million in regards to FFP and that in recent years we have only managed to bring players in either following big sales or a large loan from the bank, all points to cash flow issues.  The next set of accounts will be interesting and hopefully the numbers in that wont be too obfuscated to see how close to FFP we actually were.

FFP having 2 limits, a lower soft limit, and the higher hard limit, the higher hard limit can only be met without a severe penalty when proof of funding the permitted losses is available.

Edited by Chrysalis

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Do people genuinely think Top and Rudkin are fit for purpose? 

Doesn't matter does it. They ain't going anywhere so not sure it really matters what we think. We have to support who ever is playing on Saturday as fans. 

• Like 1

No matter how the club excuses this one it just looks like one big farce and an almighty cock up of grandiose proportions!

If Vichai was still here heads would surely roll. I feel sad as a fan and feel bad for Enzo. He deserves much better than this.

Coming from Man City our backroom operation must look like a circus run by clowns to him. Please don't leave!

:nigel: