Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like there is quite a lot of Prem teams that are worried like we seemingly are by Forest and Everton getting charged

Heard a bit of Talksport last night. They had the former financial advisor to Man City in the studio (there's a man who earned his corn - 115 charges or whatever it is???) 

He was basically saying that PL clubs are now really panicking after Everton got deducted the ten points - and he seriously doubts their appeal will be successful. He also said Chelsea are heading for a world of pain after all the money they've spunked under the new owners. 

Clubs basically treated FFP as a joke until Everton got the points deduction and they are all now seriously looking at their finances and making sure they are compliant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, westernpark said:

Imagine if we’d actually accepted 4 million for Iversen from Palace in the summer, except for holding out for 6. The guy cost the equivalent of 150k, it would all be profit.

which of the 3 muppets made that decision?

3 hours ago, MPH said:

.  No one is saying that are they?

you should get a job for the tories if that’s how you are going to keep spinning things…

What implications am I meant to be taking from this;

14 hours ago, MPH said:

A badly run club is one that breaks FFP rules and gets points deducted.

When the accusations are of us being badly run? What exactly am I meant to be spinning?

Enzo's comments on it are even more frustrating. 

I get it's not necessarily his place, he might even have been told NOT to but as a club, you can't hardline point blank refuse to say anything about something like this and not expect the fans to fear the worst, get frustrated and cause a sh!t atmosphere AND THEN b!tch about the fans not buying into the clubs vision and being negative when we have no idea what it is. 

I'm not asking for a public breakdown of our finances or how we operate in the transfer market but a bit of openness or even empathy towards the fanbase's anxiety surrounding our future would be nice. 

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I get it's not necessarily his place, he might even have been told NOT to but as a club, you can't hardline point blank refuse to say anything about something like this and not expect the fans to fear the worst, get frustrated and cause a sh!t atmosphere AND THEN b!tch about the fans not buying into the clubs vision and being negative when we have no idea what it is. 

I'm not asking for a public breakdown of our finances or how we operate in the transfer market but a bit of openness or even empathy towards the fanbase's anxiety surrounding our future would be nice. 

What exactly do you want then?

Enzo has repeatedly said we couldn't buy without selling. Surely that tells you all you need to know? Anymore than that and you're prpobably supplying commercial info to opposing teams who will the make their offers even lower.

Owners have never shared financial information with fans, if you want to know more buy the club or get a job in the financial team.

3 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

The amount of posts intimating that we’ll get Sensi on a free in the summer…guys, seriously? Do you really think that? 

Picture this: 

Sicily, 2024. 
Your name is Stefano, and your contract is over. You get paid exorbitant money to play a game. You have multiple suitors lining up to pay you said monies. Are you really going to consider the clown show FC that flew you in, made you take the medical, take photos, and faf about a waiting room all day, all while they knew they were too poor to actually make the deal work?

Why would he bother to come back to LCFC? He’s not got one single good reason to do so. 

Likes the manager, the training ground and PL football?

Players are constantly being offered the chance of a lucrative move and then it all going wrong.

He didn't have multiple suitors when Inter were almost giving him away.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Players are constantly being offered the chance of a lucrative move and then it all going wrong.

Problem is the manager will be gone in the summer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Good points. Unfortunately this seems to be the way clubs operate. The devil in me wants there to be a candour policy so that statements are made to season ticket holders and members. 

It'll never happen though.

1 minute ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Good points. Unfortunately this seems to be the way clubs operate. The devil in me wants there to be a candour policy so that statements are made to season ticket holders and members. 

It'll never happen though.

No club does this, why would we?

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

I didn’t realize LCFC was the only club (potentially/likely) playing PL football next year. I would imagine after this debacle, we are behind 19 other clubs, just in one league when it comes to signing him on a free in the summer. 

To be clear, I’m not saying it’s dire that we didn’t get Sensi. I don’t think it is. But it is a serious hit to the credibility and capability of our club that it was handled like this. And given that, there’s about a 0% chance that he signs here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What exactly do you want then?

Enzo has repeatedly said we couldn't buy without selling. Surely that tells you all you need to know? Anymore than that and you're prpobably supplying commercial info to opposing teams who will the make their offers even lower.

Owners have never shared financial information with fans, if you want to know more buy the club or get a job in the financial team.

Like I said, a bit of empathy. Show that they understand the fan's frustration. Ensure that the club are doing everything they need to to secure a profitable future, convince us the club is in good hands. 

Just saying "I'm not talking about it" and that's it comes off as cold and doesn't provide any peace of mind and when you hear the club moaning about what certain journalists print or when Enzo is moaning about the fans energy post game... they can't expect anything more from us if they aren't doing anything to help the atmosphere around the club. 

3 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I didn’t realize LCFC was the only club (potentially/likely) playing PL football next year. I would imagine after this debacle, we are behind 19 other clubs, just in one league when it comes to signing him on a free in the summer. 

To be clear, I’m not saying it’s dire that we didn’t get Sensi. I don’t think it is. But it is a serious hit to the credibility and capability of our club that it was handled like this. And given that, there’s about a 0% chance that he signs here. 

And maybe a few other players,  looking  on and thinking WTF is going on with that club.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Why did none of them even get linked to him when he was effectively being given away by Inter.

Fairly sure he's sooner sign for us than next seasons version of Sheff U or Burnely and that's without the likes of Everton, Luton, Palace or Brentford.

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Like I said, a bit of empathy. Show that they understand the fan's frustration. Ensure that the club are doing everything they need to to secure a profitable future, convince us the club is in good hands. 

Just saying "I'm not talking about it" and that's it comes off as cold and doesn't provide any peace of mind and when you hear the club moaning about what certain journalists print or when Enzo is moaning about the fans energy post game... they can't expect anything more from us if they aren't doing anything to help the atmosphere around the club. 

So what exactly do you want them to say?

If we were close to going into admin would you want them to admit to that and then guarantee it would happen.

Which club is it that tells their fans their financial state of affairs?

1 hour ago, Harboro said:

Do we actually know why this didn’t happen? Inter renegotiating, getting the FFP sums wrong, or messing up the work permit?

None of those. The deal depended on a sale which didn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

And maybe a few other players,  looking  on and thinking WTF is going on with that club.......

In case you haven't noticed it seems that many clubs are in the same predicament, Man U couldn't afford a new striker.

23 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I reckon there is something in your last paragraph..

Each transfer window start and end of , of an upfront group of statements

Would settle many fans worries,and make decent fan -club interface and relations.

Managers are no longer part of the main process,only in potential suggestions.

But manager in name of club,should be part of the process, on agreed fixed

occasions during the season

11 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I don't see any serious hit. The signs suggest that Inter and Sensi would've known the situation before flying over and considered it a risk worth taking to be on site ready to sign had one of our senior pro's been sold. It doesn't mean that he's necessarily returned home offended by the outcome when in fact it might've have made him keen to return in the summer after viewing Seagrave and knowing how much he is wanted here. 

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why did none of them even get linked to him when he was effectively being given away by Inter.

Fairly sure he's sooner sign for us than next seasons version of Sheff U or Burnely and that's without the likes of Everton, Luton, Palace or Brentford.

So what exactly do you want them to say?

If we were close to going into admin would you want them to admit to that and then guarantee it would happen.

Which club is it that tells their fans their financial state of affairs?

Just a "we understand the fans frustration" or something along those lines would be a start. Not an out right refusal to even consider explaining. 

But if they aren't going to say anything then fine but they can't say anything about the fans having their doubts ether then. Rudkin can't complain about journalists speculating. Enzo can't threaten to take his ball and go home if the fans don't back his ideas 100%. 

Either try and empathise with the fans doubts or put up with the speculation and anxiety that those doubts breed. 

You truly believe  "we understand the fans frustration"  without expanding on that wouldn't set off a barrage of complaints on here.

They hasn't been an 'outright refusal to even consider explaining', like every other club they just don't say anything.

Has Rudkin complained about journalists speculating?

What does our financial position have to do with 'Enzo can't threaten to take his ball and go home if the fans don't back his ideas 100%. '?

The speculation and anxiety is heightened by the same point being made by the same individuals twice on every page.

That or by people not bothering to read the previous pages and then asking a question that has been asked numerous times answered 27 different ways on numerous pages.

• Like 1