Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The ridiculous meltdowns on here over someone  , a few weeks ago , that was being roundly slated as made of glass.

We've not lost anyone major like KDH , got players returning from injury , suspension and AFCON., chill the fck out!

Not sure it’s the actual player that is fans concerns..

it’s the shambles we look like again behind the scenes..

can’t shift bang average players because they’re on huge contracts, FFP a massive factor even though we’ve sold Fofana, Maddison and Barnes  for massive fees in the last 2 years..

• Like 3

Just now, AKCJ said:

Because there would be absolutely no reason for Inter to do that.

He's out of contract in 6 months and not in their manager'splans whatsoever.

Frankly I imagine that they were happy for him to go for next to nothing. It sticks of us trying to shift the goalposts to save a couple of hundred grand or so.

It almost makes me want to see us cock promotion up. Just so that Top might finally see what a ****ing charlatan he's employing to run his football club.

How do you know that for definite though? We don't. You don't. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I can't see what all the fuss is about ,top of the league by 10 points ,still have a quality squad and bringing in 1 player wouldn't have made a big difference, so let's get behind the lads and win the league. 

Wrong person to quote??

4 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

It’s a pity we couldn’t do this deal, but if Inter wanted too much money, there’s nothing we could do about it.  It would have been a nightmare if we’d spent too much, and ended up breaching FFP rules and having points deducted.  Especially if Sensi hadn’t been that good, or had got injured!  
Remember how miserable everyone was when Silva’s signing was missed by 14 minutes, and then when he finally played he was pretty average.  
Having seen the trouble Everton and Forest are in with FFP, I’d rather not take any risks.  And Enzo might be privately disappointed, but he’s been saying all along that we had to sell in order to buy.  We haven’t sold anyone, so he can’t very well complain that he’s shocked we haven’t bought anyone. 

Who’s fault is it that we’ve got average, shit players that no one wants hanging around on eye watering wages in the first place?

Are you a plant from the club or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So sounds like we could have signed him had a player moved on. 

When it was clear the club couldn’t ship anyone, we brought him over just in case we could reach a deal with Inter that was within FFP and had everything in place, including the medical. 

But Rudkin couldn’t agree a deal with Inter that worked for FFP.  

To be fair, the manager had said we needed a sale to sign someone so the deal in reality was more unlikely than ITKs made out. 

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Anyone spinning this into a positive is delusional. The facts are we've got weaker from this window not stronger👍

Nope we had Akgun,Praet,maybe others that can come in…

Nothing lost, just you going into a spin and panicking 

We haven’t lost anybody,just one out injured,Castadei had 2 

ready replacements to cover his loss..Not yet tried Maswanhise

or flexability of B.Cover, then Mcateer has central cover..

Permatations abound for us,we are not weaker..

But if it fits,I am prepared to play your named  deluded lost soul.

Enzo has a few spare cloth bags filled with magic dust..

And Sensi would of been nice to have  but not a squad changer…

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Frankly I imagine that they were happy for him to go for next to nothing. It sticks of us trying to shift the goalposts to save a couple of hundred grand or so.

It almost makes me want to see us cock promotion up. Just so that Top might finally see what a ****ing charlatan he's employing to run his football club.

Really? All for someone most fans never even heard of before this transfer window... I refer back to the first part of my post. Massive over reactions here

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not bothered about the player. I'm bothered by the obvious failures in processes at the club.

No way is a player flown from Italy, given a medical, and all but announced without the intention to sign. It's been so public. To be mucking it up last minute isn't a good thing.

This could be any player. It's unprofessional.

Leeds did it with us last January. Happens more than you think

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

to me it seems like we wanted to do it over a few payments and they wanted it all at once sort of thing

nah Italian clubs aint like that, they want anything for next to nothing but getting something for nothing from them can be like getting blood from a stone

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

There’s very strong evidence. 

Why would Inter let a player travel without an agreement? There must have been some basis for them to permit that. 

So why would Inter change from there? Because they are the ones missing out on dollar in the scenario. 

That's not evidence.

It seems clear there was a verbal agreement satisfactory enough for all parties to move forward.

Someone has either reneged on that deal (why would we if we want to complete the deal?) or the situation changed because we didn't make any last minute sales.

Either way there's really nothing to say one way or another what went wrong.  But it seems to me more likely that inter decided to try to take advantage of us wanting to get this done and having no option but to accept their terms, and we've just said 'actually, we aren't that desperate, we'll take our chances in summer'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hitesh said:

Really? All for someone most fans never even heard of before this transfer window... I refer back to the first part of my post. Massive over reactions here

I don’t think you’re getting the point. The frustration has nothing to do with Sensi being the next Messi. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

It was over payment structure. 

Which was agreed.. so either side changed it. No guarantee its us, everyone knows what Italian clubs are like with money  looks at praet to torino.. never happened due to them constantly changing the offer.

As far as I'm concerned.. yes it's embarrassing, but the club have taken a massive hit and been in a financial mess since covid hit. We've been relegated and sold our main assets.

We could've regrouped our finances, kept who stayed after the season ended.. picked up freebies and stayed in the championship for years under a mediocare manager until we could afford to have a real go again.

Instead, we bought in maresca and backed him with a right wedge. We're fine, unless we have a major collapse we won't be in this division next season, we've held on to kdh, yunus seems to be picking up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

So sounds like we could have signed him had a player moved on. 

When it was clear the club couldn’t ship anyone, we brought him over just in case we could reach a deal with Inter that was within FFP and had everything in place, including the medical. 

But Rudkin couldn’t agree a deal with Inter that worked for FFP.  

To be fair, the manager had said we needed a sale to sign someone so the deal in reality was more unlikely than ITKs made out. 

Agree.

Bringing him over for a medical despite the deal not being confirmed was sensible.  It would have been pointless to have everything signed and sealed today, only to find he wasn’t fit.  
My guess is that there were some problems that hadn’t been ironed out, and both sides thought they could get their way, but at the last minute they couldn’t. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's always the same because nobody actually knows why a deal really breaks down regardless of medicals or intent. For example, in the case of our dealings with the Portuguese, there were certain allegations that the owning club tried to make more out of the deal at the very last minute hence things stalled.

Likewise here, even if the medical went well, if the host club tried to extract more money at the very last minute then good on Rudkin to tell them where to stuff it! It's business after all. We supposedly know how Torino messed about re Praet so why should these be any different. If you show weakness now you will be assumed weak in the future. 

It's difficult to judge without full inside knowledge. 

Spot on mate. Only people who can think rationally before leaping to conclusions will understand. 

Far too many bedwetters in this thread that immediately hop to the fault of our club. 

I'm in no way saying I'm a fan of Rudkin or anyone involved in our transfer dealings. There has been stuff happen in the past, that's valid. But it's hilarious to see simpletons in this thread armed with a few "itk" tweets come at it like they fully understand the inner workings of corporate football business lol

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

On the other hand, KDH hasn't gone anywhere. And Yunis is improving.

Plus we are seeing some of the academy players impressing of late. Offensively we are looking really good.  Into the home stretch I’m feeling as confident as at any time this season to be honest. 

Edited by Supergray22