Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

3 minutes ago, adam said:

He has most likely been told there will be money avaliable in January. The same way rodgers was last January.

Well for weeks he’s been saying “I’ve been told we have to sell before we can buy”, and it would be strange for him to say that if he’d been promised money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

He has most likely been told there will be money avaliable in January. The same way rodgers was last January.

He might have been told there will be money available in Jan when he became our manager. Everton’s 10 point deduction has changed things for many clubs since. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Well Inter have to pay his salary and will get no fee so they lose out on maybe £2m. Why couldn't we strike a pre season deal, wait 6 months and get him for free.

in theory, Inter and Sensi could come to a mutual agreement to cancel his contract, but its all ifs and buts

and highly unlikely

• Like 1

Just now, Qwerty said:

Well for weeks he’s been saying “I’ve been told we have to sell before we can buy”, and it would be strange for him to say that if he’d been promised money.

He has said that since he has been told we need to sell. Hence why he has been getting the arse recently.

1 minute ago, adam said:

He has said that since he has been told we need to sell. Hence why he has been getting the arse recently.

Yeah - I’d hope he can see that he got a load of money in the summer and bought the players he wanted, and that having watched Everton be well and truly battered by FFP rules, we can’t take any risks. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed this transfer didn’t happen, but it’s not the end of the world.  Some people are talking as if we’ve lost out on prime Ronaldo because we were 20p short. 

• Like 2

I was never really invested in this signing. No idea what it was, he was clearly talented but I just never got excited about it so I'm not to fussed about not getting him in specifically but it is worrying that we couldn't get SOMEONE in. We clearly wanted someone and although we can't know what's went on, there is clearly something that's off. 

9 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Then we should've sold. Can't be that hard to sell spare parts (Iheanacho, Ward, Souttar) and come up with £2 million, can it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Not sure it’s the actual player that is fans concerns..

it’s the shambles we look like again behind the scenes..

can’t shift bang average players because they’re on huge contracts, FFP a massive factor even though we’ve sold Fofana, Maddison and Barnes  for massive fees in the last 2 years..

Since last season how many bang average players have we hanging around,who haven’t brought in a performance these last 7 months…??
Ward is the only one we desperately need to offload..we have some out on loan,

like other clubs..some situations being made more desperate than they are..

FFP in both directions is causing across Europe a bit of a stir,plus big clubs are

wary of hitting the 80 mill mark,likewise what was the norm 2 seasons ago for decent budget players clubs are also wary,but Leicester are not carrying anymore baggage as other clubs across PL & top half Championship. It only seems so.

The loan business is now a fact of football life,which also helps us. Going into the PL I would prefer to keep Souttar more than Coady. Until we can confirm Akgun or other investment I wouldn’t depart with Praet,so outside these indirect questionable

players, I see no group holding us in check,by their presence.

3 minutes ago, TeamFoFo said:

Then we should've sold. Can't be that hard to sell spare parts (Iheanacho, Ward, Souttar) and come up with £2 million, can it? 

It's difficult to sel players when they are om ridiculous wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

So without going through the 128 pages of crap in this thread, was he ever actually on a plane? Did he get a medical?

On the plane, passed his medical and carried out a photo shoot.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This isn't even really about Sensi himself, it's about the bigger picture. How is this situation anything other than shit for us?

We are three players down on when we entered the window. This is factual information. This isn't ITK tweet speculation. This is concrete.

Of those three players we have had one recalled (therefore surely freeing up whatever we were paying him), we have loaned one out (Iversen), and one has retired (Smithies). Thomas went back out on loan to another club.

Sensi was in the country. This is a fact.

We have had a month to get either this or an alternative done. This is a fact.

So for all of these facts, whatever reason there was for him not signing, they are, at best case scenario, a result of being hamstrung by previous poor decisions made by the same regime.

They are the common denominator. This has happened numerous times now.

We are a badly run club. This is a fact a pretty confident opinion.

I’m no fan of Rudkin and his cronies, but really, we don’t know what happened.  As others have said, it could be that Inter moved the goalposts at the last minute, thinking that having got as far as a medical etc,  we’d agree to new terms.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

I’m no fan of Rudkin and his cronies, but really, we don’t know what happened.  As others have said, it could be that Inter moved the goalposts at the last minute, thinking that having got as far as a medical etc,  we’d agree to new terms.  

There's no good reason for them to have done that though, because by doing so they'd have been deliberately jeopardising the departure of a player they don't want and who will be leaving for nothing in a few months

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's just terrible management.

If we are so close to ffp that we can't afford £2m in January, what were we doing spending £7m on Coady in the summer? Okay we might have expected him to play more than he has done, but Enzo clearly always rated Vesty, we have Souttar who is at the very least competent, Doyle can play that position and Nelson has been showing promise. In any circumstance, did we ever really need him? At that price?

£7m is a huge fee in this division, and at that age we're not going to see much back on that.

Casadei was disappointing, but he did offer depth in that position that we now don't have.

If KDH picks up a big injury and we bottle the run in, it's on the board. Did we even consider the loan market?

We have about 25 centre halves, 18 strikers and 1 natural 8. It's insane.

I think the Everton points deduction has scared clubs. It’s been a quiet transfer window across the board I think.