Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

If we are so close to ffp that we can't afford £2m in January, what were we doing spending £7m on Coady in the summer? Okay we might have expected him to play more than he has done, but Enzo clearly always rated Vesty, we have Souttar who is at the very least competent, Doyle can play that position and Nelson has been showing promise. In any circumstance, did we ever really need him? At that price?

£7m is a huge fee in this division, and at that age we're not going to see much back on that.

It's largely the same people on here white-knighting Teflon Jon and Top who were sneering at anybody who had any concerns with this deal as well.

Some people have an inability to join dots and see the bigger picture, that's fine, just don't expect to be listened to.

I’ll come back to what I said the other day. 

Our wage bill is what will cripple us. 

It’ll be a different story (hopefully) in the summer once the likes of Vardy, Albrighton, Vestergaard, Iheanacho and Ndidi etc are not earning those massive wages or have left.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

That might be the official story we get I expect.

If that’s the case it makes refusing to sell Souttar to Leeds (who 100% wanted him) look very questionable.  Souttar is a marketable commodity on a decent wage who clearly will never get a sniff from the current manager.  Keeping him offers us nothing.  If selling him to Leeds means making incomings like Sensi possible, fear of helping a rival doesn’t hold up as a sufficient reason to balk.  Maybe they were only willing to do a loan, but that’s not what’s being widely reported.  We should feel confident enough that we’re going up not to worry about who finishes second.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Noted - Everton are the only badly run club in world football. Got it.

that’s really how you’re going to spin this? And ignore the context of the conversation?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Totally agree but rarely do you see that level of shakeup at the top unless there's a takeover involved. 

The DOF would be a start in the right direction and once the new man has hopefully told a few home truths, it may force their hand and we start to see some action

Enzo needs someone he can trust and at the very least be smarter with what we have. We've squandered way too much in recent years on benchwarmers and squad players who end up leaving for peanuts 

Agree also, tight parameters or not, he's been a failure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s all well and good people trying to defend the club here and suggest that it’s FFP reasons stating “badly run clubs get fined and points deducted etc, etc”….. but, you don’t suddenly decide that you can’t afford a deal when the player is actually on the clubs premises, you don’t let a player fly from another country, complete a medical offer them a contract and then decide you can’t to a deal…..

It is quite clear that we’ve ****ed up, again….. the only saving grace would be inter pulled out of the deal, but they wouldn’t, he’s walking away on a free come the summer. 

The club is run by incompetent idiots, and Enzo will learn as much and has already suggested he’s ****ed off with it already. This is an utter shambles, it’s embarrassing. 

You keep saying “you don’t do this” and you “don’t do that”. Why don’t you? 

What if it was clearly explained to the player that we need to sell to buy and we are hopeful of getting something done. So we are going to progress it as far as we can.

Is it not prudent to have things lined up and ready to go?

Honestly the hand wringing in this thread is actually laughable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Or persists with a manager long after he has disrespected everything about the club, deliberately lost points to back his own agenda, and after pretty much every sane fan could see we’d be relegated…. Costing £100m+ in revenue, fire-selling their assets at well below their value, whilst retaining over-paid liabilities.

Then having a frank meeting to uncover the issues (Jon Rudkin), and learning from the meeting, with Jon Rudkin, that the only thing not to blame for the catastrophic footballing decisions is the Head of Football, and handing more power to Jon Rudkin.

There are many flavours of “badly run”. Right now we seem to be trying quite a few of them. 

You are missing the entire context of the conversation. The point was it’s worse to break ffp willingly than keeping within the limits. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You keep saying “you don’t do this” and you “don’t do that”. Why don’t you? 

What if it was clearly explained to the player that we need to sell to buy and we are hopeful of getting something done. So we are going to progress it as far as we can.

Is it not prudent to have things lined up and ready to go?

Honestly the hand wringing in this thread is actually laughable.

I reckon most potential transfers don't happen because they are part of a chain and one link says no or fails a medical.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Babylon said:

You are missing the entire context of the conversation. The point was it’s worse to break ffp willingly than keeping within the limits. 

I only scrolled back 4 pages, thought I’d got the gist and felt compelled to respond.

If doing this deal broke FFP rules, then we were already on course to break them - we’ve got rid of what, 4 players’ wages in the last week or so?

Also why not let Souttar join Leeds and us take Sensi?? That would be the way to avoid FFP, and yet we don’t because someone thought they’d be strengthening a rival - I guarantee that someone wasn’t Enzo. So there’s a club pulling in different directions, and not aligned with Enzo it seems. 

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I reckon most potential transfers don't happen because they are part of a chain and one link says no or fails a medical.

Exactly, it’s not a bunch of children involved. They are all adults and can communicate the situation clearly to each other.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The man spent £50m+ in the summer and has one of if not the most expensively assembled squads ever in the league. 

If he’s thinking anything it should be how lucky he is to have been provided such a platform with zero track record.

He’d have absolutely believed that he’d also be able to tweak the squad in January and backfill any injury spaces. 

I rarely criticise the board, especially Top, but it seems like there is a void where the club leadership should sit

4 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Are we trying to speedrun getting rid of Maresca?

If I were him, I would set the championship points record and bounce the second another job opens in the summer.

What is our prospect for success in the Premier League? We're financially hamstrung and run by incompetent people who can't close a transfer deal (in either direction). Our practice facility is either cursed or we have the worst medical/sports science team in the country.  Despite that, if you manage to put a good team on the pitch a vocal minority of supporters grumbling will be the only noise in the stadium.  He knows the second the results stop coming in, even the silent majority of people who have bought in to Maresca-ball will be complaining and the atmosphere will be as toxic as it was last year.

Agree with this. I bet we're breaching ffp already too based on this - no way we should be this close to it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The man spent £50m+ in the summer and has one of if not the most expensively assembled squads ever in the league. 

If he’s thinking anything it should be how lucky he is to have been provided such a platform with zero track record.

Exactly, if he is this fragile he is not going to make it at the top that is for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

He’d have absolutely believed that he’d also be able to tweak the squad in January and backfill any injury spaces. 

I rarely criticise the board, especially Top, but it seems like there is a void where the club leadership should sit

Getting relegated is tough, probably much tougher than they thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I only scrolled back 4 pages, thought I’d got the gist and felt compelled to respond.

If doing this deal broke FFP rules, then we were already on course to break them - we’ve got rid of what, 4 players’ wages in the last week or so?

Also why not let Souttar join Leeds and us take Sensi?? That would be the way to avoid FFP, and yet we don’t because someone thought they’d be strengthening a rival - I guarantee that someone wasn’t Enzo. So there’s a club pulling in different directions, and not aligned with Enzo it seems. 

What 4 players wages have we got rid of and how much were those deals, and how much was the deal for the player coming in? 

The Souttar thread is literally full of people saying not to strengthen a rival. And let’s be honest, we have no idea if the interest was real or what the deal was or whether it would even possibly get done considering he’s at the Asian cup.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Exactly, if he is this fragile he is not going to make it at the top that is for sure.

Wouldn't say its fragile to piss off to a better job if one comes up, which it probably will. I agree he was lucky to be appointed here but now he's smashing it and the club continues to fail.

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Would he? Seems like he’s a bit green at this management stuff then.