Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The club continues to fail, good lord…. We’ll ignore they appointed him, assembled a string squad quickly for him, that sits clear at the top of the league.

Anyone being remotely realistic, including the manager knew this season was going to be a nightmare financially. The loss of revenues, players seeing our contracts, huge wages to pay and us absolutely needing to sell assets to get anywhere close to balancing the books.

I’m baffled that everyone just seems to ignore all of that now. 

How are you good lording that? Im not talking about thw team, im talking about the rest of the club. We will continue to ignore we went from champions league contenders to relegation candidates in record time. What part of that isn't failure? 

We do some things well and some things poorly, which evidences that it's more luck than judgement when we get it right. I bet that we are already in breach of the rules and this will be evidence of that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You keep saying “you don’t do this” and you “don’t do that”. Why don’t you? 

What if it was clearly explained to the player that we need to sell to buy and we are hopeful of getting something done. So we are going to progress it as far as we can.

Is it not prudent to have things lined up and ready to go?

Honestly the hand wringing in this thread is actually laughable.

But then why even go ahead with the deal? If there was any shred of doubt they shouldn’t have done it…. It just to me seems really unprofessional to have a player in a position where they’re basically signed, for it all to fall through last minute because essentially it isn’t financially going to work. If things are so close to the line surely you don’t even go there? 

Have they tried just to appease Enzo? If so, that’s even worse because he will be seriously pissed off that it’s fallen through. 

What should have happened is the club should have stipulated that until they’ve received a fee for a player and they’ve left, they can’t move in for another one, yes getting your ducks in order is preferred so you’re ready to go if such a situation arises, but surely not to the point where a player is literally unpacking his suitcase to be told the deal is off…. To me, it just looks incompetent, unless of course the media have made this deal appear more advanced than it actually was.

4 minutes ago, bmt said:

How are you good lording that? Im not talking about thw team, im talking about the rest of the club. We will continue to ignore we went from champions league contenders to relegation candidates in record time. What part of that isn't failure? 

We do some things well and some things poorly, which evidences that it's more luck than judgement when we get it right. I bet that we are already in breach of the rules and this will be evidence of that.

And who put the manager in charge and helped him but the squad together to sit top of the table. You are cherry picking.

Just now, Pliskin said:

But then why even go ahead with the deal? If there was any shred of doubt they shouldn’t have done it…. It just to me seems really unprofessional to have a player in a position where they’re basically signed, for it all to fall through last minute because essentially it isn’t financially going to work. If things are so close to the line surely you don’t even go there? 

Have they tried just to appease Enzo? If so, that’s even worse because he will be seriously pissed off that it’s fallen through. 

What should have happened is the club should have stipulated that until they’ve received a fee for a player and they’ve left, they can’t move in for another one, yes getting your ducks in order is preferred so you’re ready to go if such a situation arises, but surely not to the point where a player is literally unpacking his suitcase to be told the deal is off…. To me, it just looks incompetent, unless of course the media have made this deal appear more advanced than it actually was.

Agree its outrageously unprofessional. We could have handled this in a way which means he will sign in the summer but very much doubt that now.

I can't think of any other job where you can completely mismanage everyone's expectations to past the point something will be done and Babs is still there defending you lol

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Why don’t you? You’ve heard about players sitting in airports or car parks on transfer deadline day for deals to not happen haven’t you. 

If we thought another deal on the cards to free the funds, why would you not progress the deal? They are adults, if he’s had it explained then perhaps he’s a more than willing participant.

And who put the manager in charge and helped him but the squad together to sit top of the table. You are cherry picking.

It 'has had a lot of failures' then if you don't like my wording. I don't think we've failed at everything but we continue to get a lot of simple things wrong which I decided to call continue to fail.

Look at my other posts I'm generally extremely supportive lol

• Like 1

Why don’t you? You’ve heard about players sitting in airports or car parks on transfer deadline day for deals to not happen haven’t you. 

If we thought another deal on the cards to free the funds, why would you not progress the deal? They are adults, if he’s had it explained then perhaps he’s a more than willing participant.

You've heard about those things because they are particularly uncommon so are big news.

Isn't the point it clearly hasn't been explained? Or do you know more than the journalists too who seem to not believe what's happened lol

1 minute ago, bmt said:

Agree its outrageously unprofessional. We could have handled this in a way which means he will sign in the summer but very much doubt that now.

I can't think of any other job where you can completely mismanage everyone's expectations to past the point something will be done and Babs is still there defending you lol

I said about three or four days ago that it’s prudent to line a deal up and not wait until the other part of the chain is compete.

Because that way it might be too late and you’d all be sat here saying “we sold someone, why didn’t we bring anyone in with the money”.

It’s not unprofessional in the slightest, it’s the smart thing to do. It might be frustrating for everyone concerned, but if it’s been explained to everyone, what exactly is the issue?

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

You've heard about those things because they are particularly uncommon so are big news.

Isn't the point it clearly hasn't been explained? Or do you know more than the journalists too who seem to not believe what's happened lol

The manager has continually stated in public that any deal would be dependent on someone being sold. The press here even before that said we needed to do the same.

And people are now surprised that’s actually the case. 

• Like 1

I said about three or four days ago that it’s prudent to line a deal up and not wait until the other part of the chain is compete.

Because that way it might be too late and you’d all be sat here saying “we sold someone, why didn’t we bring anyone in with the money”.

It’s not unprofessional in the slightest, it’s the smart thing to do. It might be frustrating for everyone concerned, but if it’s been explained to everyone, what exactly is the issue?

Ahh so you said something so that must be true as opposed to the journalists who seem surprised that this has fallen through unexpectedly. Two people can look at a situation differently and not agree on it.

I think they've clearly messed up and as evidence I will give you the other times we have messed up in recently history with the same people behind the scenes, including when we made history signing someone for massive money who then couldn't play because we didn't do the required paperwork. You can evidence something you posted on foxestalk 4 days ago if you want

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Are we trying to speedrun getting rid of Maresca?

If I were him, I would set the championship points record and bounce the second another job opens in the summer.

What is our prospect for success in the Premier League? We're financially hamstrung and run by incompetent people who can't close a transfer deal (in either direction). Our practice facility is either cursed or we have the worst medical/sports science team in the country.  Despite that, if you manage to put a good team on the pitch a vocal minority of supporters grumbling will be the only noise in the stadium.  He knows the second the results stop coming in, even the silent majority of people who have bought in to Maresca-ball will be complaining and the atmosphere will be as toxic as it was last year.

Spot on. 

Just now, Babylon said:

The manager has continually stated in public that any deal would be dependent on someone being sold. The press here even before that said we needed to do the same.

And people are now surprised that’s actually the case. 

To be fair that is true, I think with the clear interest in some of our players people expected that to get done. Still consider it to be failure. Anyway I am mostly frustrated as wanted to see him play, have a good one.

• Like 1

Not a great way to treat the player is it? Fly him over, have him at the training ground, only to say 'Sorry, Stef, turns out we can't afford you and never could. Thanks for coming.'

That is pathetic from the club and I'm surprised some are still defending it.

• Like 4

Woe is me. Worst club ever. Total incompetence. Utter shambles. etc.etc.

Reality: we’re possibly the best team to ever perform in the second tier of football and currently 10 points clear but unfortunately failed to sign a player in the Jan transfer window though it is unlikely to make a jot of difference.

• Like 3

In terms of FFP, we've completely shown our hand to all of the other clubs now. While most suspected it, this confirms it. From that point of view, we'd have been better off keeping a low profile. Still negotiating with Inter at the last minute, after more a whole month, is pretty amateurish. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I will have to reserve judgement until the truth about what happened comes out, if it ever does of cause. Frustrating for sure but if it's to protect the club from any pain then so be it. 

Yeah, this. 

If we needed to get a player out before Sensi could come in and there was going to be a last minute chance to do so, then the deal for Sensi needed to be ready to go and medical complete. It would appear that like Enzo said we needed to sell before we could buy. Shame that for fans club and player but that's where we are it would seem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It’s all well and good people trying to defend the club here and suggest that it’s FFP reasons stating “badly run clubs get fined and points deducted etc, etc”….. but, you don’t suddenly decide that you can’t afford a deal when the player is actually on the clubs premises, you don’t let a player fly from another country, complete a medical offer them a contract and then decide you can’t to a deal…..

It is quite clear that we’ve ****ed up, again….. the only saving grace would be inter pulled out of the deal, but they wouldn’t, he’s walking away on a free come the summer. 

The club is run by incompetent idiots, and Enzo will learn as much and has already suggested he’s ****ed off with it already. This is an utter shambles, it’s embarrassing. 

We don’t know what other deals were going on in the background.

Mark Albrighton might have been going out on loan for all we know to Sunderland, or Danny Ward to Real Madrid. It only takes the plug to get pulled on those deals, then we are no longer freeing up the required wages that gets this deal gets done.

It’s easy to blame the club, however the last day has so many moving parts.

It only takes one of those dominoes to not fall, then the butterfly effect from that is the downstream transfers do not happen. 

You can reflect on why we made purchases in the summer of Coady, however maybe Enzo or the club didn’t appreciate what an asset Vestergaard would be at that stage.

Another thought is that maybe, in terms of FFP we might have had a breakthrough in the background of Ndidi signing a new contract, so we don’t need to strengthen in midfield. 

We will get over the line and win this division by over 10 points in my opinion. The major challenge and rebuild starts in July, as currently Vardy, Albrighton, Praet, Iheanacho and Ndidi will no longer be Leicester players, freeing up over £20,000,0000 from our wage bill. That’s just under 50% of the current wage bill, to put it into perspective. 

So, so many moving parts, on what is a massively complex day in football, to proportion blame at the door of one or two individuals is wrong. 

Did we have the best squad in this division before the window opened? Yes

Do we have the best squad in this divisions now? Yes

Let’s just pull together, put our big boy pants on and win the game against Stoke tomorrow. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

In terms of FFP, we've completely shown our hand to all of the other clubs now. While most suspected it, this confirms it. From that point of view, we'd have been better off keeping a low profile. Still negotiating with Inter at the last minute, after more a whole month, is pretty amateurish. 

Depends on how we look at it. I think we acknowledged last season we actually paid the rules the respect unlike others, then got our fingers burnt.