Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

30 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not a great way to treat the player is it? Fly him over, have him at the training ground, only to say 'Sorry, Stef, turns out we can't afford you and never could. Thanks for coming.'

That is pathetic from the club and I'm surprised some are still defending it.

Is this defo how it happened? Just waking up and wondering whether Inter were playing silly buggers last minute as Italians are known for their penny pinching? 

I’m tempted to say we might all be overreacting a little. I mean this most certainly isn’t a great look, but I imagine ‘it happens’. The big concern is that we are body light in midfield with Casadei going home, possibly a couple if you factor in Ndidi’s injury as well. But it doesn’t mean an opportunity for a young hungry player like Raikhy. But if we lose another centre CM due to injury we are in the 💩

Be interesting to see if we go back in for Sensi in the summer.

Also a point to note, if we contractually have to take the obligations to purchase Dolphin and Fatawu, the might be factoring into our FFP decisions now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sly said:

We don’t know what other deals were going on in the background.

Mark Albrighton might have been going out on loan for all we know to Sunderland, or Danny Ward to Real Madrid. It only takes the plug to get pulled on those deals, then we are no longer freeing up the required wages that gets this deal gets done.

It’s easy to blame the club, however the last day has so many moving parts.

It only takes one of those dominoes to not fall, then the butterfly effect from that is the downstream transfers do not happen. 

You can reflect on why we made purchases in the summer of Coady, however maybe Enzo or the club didn’t appreciate what an asset Vestergaard would be at that stage.

Another thought is that maybe, in terms of FFP we might have had a breakthrough in the background of Ndidi signing a new contract, so we don’t need to strengthen in midfield. 

We will get over the line and win this division by over 10 points in my opinion. The major challenge and rebuild starts in July, as currently Vardy, Albrighton, Praet, Iheanacho and Ndidi will no longer be Leicester players, freeing up over £20,000,0000 from our wage bill. That’s just under 50% of the current wage bill, to put it into perspective. 

So, so many moving parts, on what is a massively complex day in football, to proportion blame at the door of one or two individuals is wrong. 

Did we have the best squad in this division before the window opened? Yes

Do we have the best squad in this divisions now? Yes

Let’s just pull together, put our big boy pants on and win the game against Stoke tomorrow. 

I’m not over fussed he isn’t here, because I don’t think it’s a necessity, I’d rather we give the likes of Alves a chance when he’s up to speed. My concern is just what happened? It would be nice to know what went wrong is all. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Is this defo how it happened? Just waking up and wondering whether Inter were playing silly buggers last minute as Italians are known for their penny pinching? 

I’m tempted to say we might all be overreacting a little. I mean this most certainly isn’t a great look, but I imagine ‘it happens’. The big concern is that we are body light in midfield with Casadei going home, possibly a couple if you factor in Ndidi’s injury as well. But it doesn’t mean an opportunity for a young hungry player like Raikhy. But if we lose another centre CM due to injury we are in the 💩

Be interesting to see if we go back in for Sensi in the summer.

That is essentially how it is being reported in Italian press, yes. We “didn’t realise” we had less room that we thought in FFP (until yesterday evening), and that caused the deal to collapse. 

Screams incompetence, I’d be fuming if I were the manager. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’m not over fussed he isn’t here, because I don’t think it’s a necessity, I’d rather we give the likes of Alves a chance when he’s up to speed. My concern is just what happened? It would be nice to know what went wrong is all. 

FFP has essentially generated a wage cap.  

I think if we look at how we’ve developed our squad this season, it’s been reliant on a lot of home grown or younger talent to fill out spots. 

I can maybe see Alves, Cover and Nelson featuring to some degree, as the lower wages they are on, allows us to carry a few more experienced players going forward.

We are in a transition period, as we had a bloated squad with over paid players, as we chased the dream or cracking the top 4.

Maybe that end of season review has given us a road map on how we move forward. We didn’t build one of the best training facilities in world football, to then not utilise its potentially and pay for players. The long term aim must be ti develop our own talent.

Some clubs will fall much harder than we have if they are relegated. Ourselves, Southampton and Leeds had assets that we could sell to balance the books. Forest for me, would be in worlds of trouble. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

The thing that really pisses me off is that Rudders just doesn’t learn.

Same thing happened last year with Jack Harrison.

Rudders gerrout me club pal.

Wasn't it completely different with Jack Harrison? I thought Leeds cancelled that at the last minute.

• Like 3

Has to be banners out in Saturday calling for Rudkin to be sacked?

Doesn't wash with me this he is clearly incompetent but kept on the books due to long service at the club whilst crippling the club through bad transfer business.

Banners out Rudkin out protest the shit out of it 

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

The concerning thing is the lack of money we can spend.

this season in the Championship means we can ‘only’ lose £63m next season rather than £105m like other PL clubs. 

we aren’t going to have much to spend when we go up yet it will be badly needed. 

For all we know Inter moved the goalposts at the final hour to try and squeeze out a few extra pounds. It's an Italian club, it's not beyond the realms. 

Doubt we'll ever find out the truth. It's Sensi who I feel sorry for having to return to a club that he is lnt wanted at after a deal to move to a club that made him feel wanted fell through.

Could it be that there was a potential loan for someone going out that would've freed up enough ffp, and sensi was aware of the risk? And then it fell through and we've said see you in the summer? We don't know

Beat Stoke on Saturday and forget about it. Just no more injuries though please

How do some of you manage to operate with all this stress and worry on your mind?

Italian clubs over the year don’t seem the easiest to work with, there was already an issue with Inter midfielder injuries and them delaying the transfer so he could be in the match day squad.