Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Why would you fly someone over, if you haven't got the necessary paper work ready?

It's not like forest last minute keeper purchase (which they managed to do) 

We've had a month to do this

What was soooo weird in his paperwork that couldn't be signed?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sly said:

FFP has essentially generated a wage cap.  

I think if we look at how we’ve developed our squad this season, it’s been reliant on a lot of home grown or younger talent to fill out spots. 

I can maybe see Alves, Cover and Nelson featuring to some degree, as the lower wages they are on, allows us to carry a few more experienced players going forward.

We are in a transition period, as we had a bloated squad with over paid players, as we chased the dream or cracking the top 4.

Maybe that end of season review has given us a road map on how we move forward. We didn’t build one of the best training facilities in world football, to then not utilise its potentially and pay for players. The long term aim must be ti develop our own talent.

Some clubs will fall much harder than we have if they are relegated. Ourselves, Southampton and Leeds had assets that we could sell to balance the books. Forest for me, would be in worlds of trouble. 

Why would Forest be in loads of trouble? They’ve just loaned/sold Mangala for £33m and there would be at least £150m for Gibbs-White, Murillo and Awoniyi. 

8 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why would you fly someone over, if you haven't got the necessary paper work ready?

It's not like forest last minute keeper purchase (which they managed to do) 

We've had a month to do this

What was soooo weird in his paperwork that couldn't be signed?

Forest seem to have an altogether different attitude to FFP though and seem to be collecting players like they’re some sort of hoarder 

• Like 2

Tanner reporting that the deal on Wednesday morning was not happening as a sale had not happened and then the club pushed to get it done for Maresca. 

Bringing him over for a medical and to agree personal terms made sense if progress was being made, and perhaps the club thought a deal was more likely within FFP as it was deadline day so more urgency to get it sorted. 

What’s clear is the media ITKs were wrong that a deal was agreed - maybe something was in place if a player was sold but that didn’t happen, so the late negotiations to find a deal. 

The fact that our hopes were increased by the media reporting makes it worse for us fans but the reality was the deal wasn’t on as reported until yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Reports, including Percy, say that all the paperwork was signed. The deal collapsed, according to Italian sources, because we realised on the final day on the transfer window, in the evening, that we did some FFP math wrong and we couldn’t actually afford him. 

I think that says something about the competency levels in certain parts of our club. 

If that was the case then it was amateurish to allow it to get to that stage. Looking on the bright side it might prove to be the correct decision to pull the plug thereby avoiding breaking PSR and the enevitable cheat accusations with a 10 point penalty. Perhaps took the scenic route but got there eventually. What a farce. 

8 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Why would Forest be in loads of trouble? They’ve just loaned/sold Mangala for £33m and there would be at least £150m for Gibbs-White, Murillo and Awoniyi. 

That Mangala deal is fishy af.

10m loan fee?

20m from Lyon who aren’t in Europe? 

Also, highly doubt they would get what they paid for Gibbs-White and Awoniyi when they are relegated. 

so one of reasons the deal fell through was because praet and co would prefer to sit on the bench and collect their wages? probably hard enough to get rid of some of the dross we’ve accumulated but if they don’t want to leave there’s not much we can do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

That Mangala deal is fishy af.

10m loan fee?

20m from Lyon who aren’t in Europe? 

Also, highly doubt they would get what they paid for Gibbs-White and Awoniyi when they are relegated. 

We got good money for Barnes and a lesser extent Maddison (but he had only a year left). Wishful thinking that they wouldn’t get good fees for those players. (Not even mentioned Elanga and Danilo). . They aren’t even currently in breach of FFP having got just under £50m for Johnson. It was for a few weeks in the summer whilst they waited for a higher bid for him. 

Just closed the transfer thread - it’s all to depressing. It’s going to be the same in the summer. I worry that we might not be able afford Fatwa fee in the summer, I doubt we even kept money aside to factor this in😡

6 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

We got good money for Barnes and a lesser extent Maddison (but he had only a year left). Wishful thinking that they wouldn’t get good fees for those players. (Not even mentioned Elanga and Danilo). . They aren’t even currently in breach of FFP having got just under £50m for Johnson. It was for a few weeks in the summer whilst they waited for a higher bid for him. 

Forests net spend this season including the Brennan Johnson sale is 50m so regardless of relegation they will have to sell this summer. 

Pot, pee up and brewery spring to mind.  Whoever is responsible for this debacle should be fired.  Why, we bother to try and bring anyone in, in January after the Silva debacle is beyond belief.  Worrying re the ffp news too.

What I cant understand Maresca for weeks now has been saying we cant bring someone in until we let someone go.  Yet, we somehow manage and succeed to make ourselves look like a club who hasn't got a clue what the hell we are doing............embarrassing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Just closed the transfer thread - it’s all to depressing. It’s going to be the same in the summer. I worry that we might not be able afford Fatwa fee in the summer, I doubt we even kept money aside to factor this in😡

This is what worries me too. I wonder if we can actually even afford those fees now. And if we do (which obviously I want us to), we then have no transfer pot to strengthen, despite a number of our squad being out of contract.

45 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Tanner reporting that the deal on Wednesday morning was not happening as a sale had not happened and then the club pushed to get it done for Maresca. 

Bringing him over for a medical and to agree personal terms made sense if progress was being made, and perhaps the club thought a deal was more likely within FFP as it was deadline day so more urgency to get it sorted. 

What’s clear is the media ITKs were wrong that a deal was agreed - maybe something was in place if a player was sold but that didn’t happen, so the late negotiations to find a deal. 

The fact that our hopes were increased by the media reporting makes it worse for us fans but the reality was the deal wasn’t on as reported until yesterday. 

That’s one of the troubles with social media. Everyone is craving to break a story and it whips up some people into a frenzy! 

We wouldn’t have wanted him sat in Milan if we managed to sort a deal out late on. We brought him over to have him ready if a deal could be made. Unfortunately it couldn’t, so he goes back home. Simple as that really. We move on with the same squad, minus Casadei that has put us well clear at the top of the league. 

• Like 1

I must admit, as we were edging closer to deadline day and it wasn't done, I felt it was never going to pass. Either the player had second thoughts, we did or he was given sniffs of something elsewhere. 

However, I was not prepared for the comical "oh fuch" ending to this saga.

Would he be the sort of player we'd still want on a free after going up? Or, even if we did, would he still come?

24 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Why would we bring him over do a medical etc if we can’t afford him? That’s like walking into a shop to buy food with no money.

It seems the bottom line is that we could afford him if a player left. Enzo has been saying this for weeks. Sensi and Inter would've known the situation and the player travelled over in the knowledge the deal could only happen in certain circumstances. Had we been successful in moving out a player then Sensi would've been here ready to sign up. It didn't work out for all parties despite trying. 

Far more importantly, KDH is still with us. 

50 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can’t help but feel we’ve dodged a bullet as we did with Harrison this time last year

Just a shame we spent the whole month focusing on one player and ending up with no one

Harrison would be a starter, PL level player! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seventyseven said:

Barnes and Maddison are a lot, lot better than fvcking Gibbs White and we got nowhere near their true value.