Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

It's just football these days with FFP, everything has to be in place ready to go on the chance one of ours gets shipped.

Nobody went , it didn't happen. Unfortunate for the player .

Not sure how this is Rudkin's fault initially, though maybe it is if you look at the bigger picture.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

They have made mistakes in the past. Are you suggesting we should carry along the same path  and bow to public pressure and buy players we can’t afford and risk breaking  FFP rules??

No, but our predicament with FFP has been ongoing for a few seasons now, pre relegation and affecting our business in previous windows . There are all kinds of reasons why we have become a badly run club from poor recruitment, to Rodgers' obscene contract, to over-paying ordinary players and being lumbered with them.  Top even ordered an investigation about how we got into such a mess.  It goes back to Vichai's death, I believe.

I won't pretend that I know a huge amount about FFP, I'll leave that to the amateur accountants on here, but i do know that last season we sat bottom of the five year net spend league table, of all clubs that had been in the Premier League that long,

Do you think we are a well run club?

• Like 1

Sensi probably thinks we are an absolute joke, and with good reason, probably his agent and his clients as well.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MPH said:

that’s really how you’re going to spin this? And ignore the context of the conversation?

I've posted plenty on what I think in here. If Everton being the ones to get the points deduction is enough to absolve our hierarchy of any criticism then I'd suggest we're being too kind.

23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Better than Everton and Forest.

I’m not sure we are, regarding members of staff who don’t actually own the club. Yes Everton and Forest have far more contentious owners, but the leadership team of each club are actually able to deal with transfers better than we clearly are. Albeit, I’m not necessarily advocating for either team’s strategy on the whole, however we are bottom of a three team table if we’re talking about effectiveness of administrative staff.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’m not sure we are, regarding members of staff who don’t actually own the club. Yes Everton and Forest have far more contentious owners, but the leadership team of each club are actually able to deal with transfers better than we clearly are. Albeit, I’m not necessarily advocating for either team’s strategy on the whole, however we are bottom of a three team table if we’re talking about effectiveness of administrative staff.

Yeah they are fantastic at dealing with transfers that lead to FPS breaches and points deductions. All hail Everton & Forest 🙌

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Well, they’re clearly not as one has been punished for it, and the other look set to be punished for financial breaches…… so I would disagree with you there. 

I'll say it again, you only breach FFP at the end of a financial period. It's highly likely we already need to sell someone before the end of June when the window opens again and the accounting period closes.

This £500k was not going to change whether the above was relevant or not. In the last few weeks alone we've earnt that in Iversen going, Casadei going back and some of the loan fee credited + wages and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well, they’re clearly not as one has been punished for it, and the other look set to be punished for financial breaches…… so I would disagree with you there. 

I said I don’t agree with strategy but effectively they can get players out the door better than we can. 
I think what we can’t be doing as a fan base is preaching that we’re exceptionally better run, than either of these clubs. We’re a mess in a different way.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll say it again, you only breach FFP at the end of a financial period. It's highly likely we already need to sell someone before the end of June when the window opens again and the accounting period closes.

This £500k was not going to change whether the above was relevant or not. In the last few weeks alone we've earnt that in Iversen going, Casadei going back and some of the loan fee credited + wages and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

The Italian paper is quoting we were offered him on a free transfer, with the €2.5m being paid if we got promoted 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Yeah they are fantastic at dealing with transfers that lead to FPS breaches and points deductions. All hail Everton & Forest 🙌

See above but I don’t agree with strategy, trying to make the point that we’re not exactly better run.

Edited by westernpark

1 hour ago, Seventyseven said:

Why would Forest be in loads of trouble? They’ve just loaned/sold Mangala for £33m and there would be at least £150m for Gibbs-White, Murillo and Awoniyi. 

image.gif.39d4d98162dba9a60c29cd558508c5e0.gif

So many deriding the club for getting in a mess re ffp yet a couple of years ago the same people were moaning that we should simply offer the likes of youri a new contract on £200kpw to get him to sign a new contract. 

can't have it both ways. I want a ferrari but can only afford a vw. Either I do the best I can with the latter or sell my soul get the former and end up in bankruptcy court.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmt said:

Agree its outrageously unprofessional. We could have handled this in a way which means he will sign in the summer but very much doubt that now.

I can't think of any other job where you can completely mismanage everyone's expectations to past the point something will be done and Babs is still there defending you lol

"We don't know that for sure so we must give the same people who pioneered the most avoidable ever PL relegation even more benefit of the doubt" lol 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The Italian paper is quoting we were offered him on a free transfer, with the €2.5m being paid if we got promoted 

The thing is of sensi contact runs in the summer, who and how do we pay a fee too?

surely sensi is a free agent in the summer!