Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

4 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not a great way to treat the player is it? Fly him over, have him at the training ground, only to say 'Sorry, Stef, turns out we can't afford you and never could. Thanks for coming.'

That is pathetic from the club and I'm surprised some are still defending it.

Who cares? These players earn unimaginable sums of money. This deal would have made Sensi richer. Being flown to Seagrave for the day and having to hang around is hardly a major hardship. Many of us have had to do multiple job interviews several times just to get an average paid job. I did that once and found that the role was then defunded.  I'm sure the man can cope. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's far less likely to sign in the summer, Inter probably think very little of us, his agent and by extension his roster are likely put off. There are further implications to it.

That presumes that none of them knew the situation. Do you not think anyone involved might have asked the question when literally the manager himself repeated it over and over and over again, that we need to sell to buy?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s clearly a tough climate out there at the moment 

Looks like there is quite a lot of Prem teams that are worried like we seemingly are by Forest and Everton getting charged

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

So are we talking about £500,000. Did we think we've got them over a barrel after he'd had his medical and was here ready to complete, and they called our bluff rather than accept a lower fee. We all have lost out.

We must have known this before. Doesn't look very clever now.

43 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's far less likely to sign in the summer, Inter probably think very little of us, his agent and by extension his roster are likely put off. There are further implications to it.

Who cares what Inter think? Sensi leaves anyway so if a future deal happens then it wont even involve them. Any we have more time to consider if this is the right player for next season anyway.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Who cares? These players earn unimaginable sums of money. This deal would have made Sensi richer. Being flown to Seagrave for the day and having to hang around is hardly a major hardship. Many of us have had to do multiple job interviews several times just to get an average paid job. I did that once and found that the role was then defunded.  I'm sure the man can cope. 

image.gif.20400ee0819829ffb7d73838b9f8e7c0.gif

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Forest aren’t fine at all unless they sell again this summer. 

The Brennan Johnson sale won’t cover it unless they now break even in the next windows.

22/23 they made a 190million loss in the transfer market.

23/24 they are currently sitting on a 50 million loss in the market. 

21/22 they lost 46 million despite promotion to the premier league. 

They will likely have to sell this summer just to comply. If they get relegated they would be in a much worse FFP position than us. 

Cant see them making a profit on MGW, Sangare etc.

Maybe Murillo (who I think is being overhyped). 

I don’t think this is at all true, unless you can long me to the figures? Plus they have just made a £20m profit on Mangala. 

You seriously think they wouldn’t get more than £25m for Gibbs-White? 

and Awoniyi is a proven PL scorer now, a right handful and cost them about £15m They would make a huge profit on him.

i want them to fail as much as anyone but little point in being deluded about it. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Also a point to note, if we contractually have to take the obligations to purchase Dolphin and Fatawu, the might be factoring into our FFP decisions now. 

Interesting point and something I’ve wondered myself. Does anyone know if mandatory fee’s at the end of loans show up on FFP? 

Ours in particular is a weird one due to the mandatory fee being based off quantity of appearances. 

49 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The problem is you piss of the players agent, that then can cause issues later down the line with any of the agent/agency’s other clients. We have a track record now of botching transfer deals Silva/Harrison/Sensi. If players and agents think you are a poorly ran business they will look to go elsewhere. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The problem is you piss of the players agent, that then can cause issues later down the line with any of the agent/agency’s other clients. We have a track record now of botching transfer deals Silva/Harrison/Sensi. If players and agents think you are a poorly ran business they will look to go elsewhere. 

Poor agent! This is not the last deal to fall over and it wont be the last. The agents will follow leads no matter what. I am sure all agents are aware what the market is like. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

image.gif.0bdd283979ee448b78c843d104abea3a.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The problem is you piss of the players agent, that then can cause issues later down the line with any of the agent/agency’s other clients. We have a track record now of botching transfer deals Silva/Harrison/Sensi. If players and agents think you are a poorly ran business they will look to go 

If you look at the summer deals, signings and loans: Fatawu, Mavidivi, Winks, Hermansen, Akgun, Doyle and Casadei, you'd have to say that they all look promising buys or loans. If that's the case, then Rudkin is equally culpable there. So it seems some only knock him when he gets something wrong but ignore the good? Clearly he had a decent enough relationship going with all those players agents and clubs so why after one 'alleged' spat with Inter is our reputation in tatters? 

As for Silva, that's way back in the past and do you know the in and outs of why the Harrison deal failed? Or just because that didn't go through you automatically assume we're to blame? Deals break down, it's a fact of life. 

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Didn’t Harrison decide to sign a new contract with Leeds?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Simonb said:

Recent history yes.. problem we had in the last few years is the staggering contracts we gave out to players 

At the end of the day.. we're top of the table without sensi.. we don't know if he'd have improved us or not.

We have no new players unsettling anyone whose already here competing for game time and settled for the season.

Let's just smash the next 17 games, get promoted and play transfers in the summer 

We are still giving out staggering  contracts.  We loaned out hamza because he wasn't good enough for the prem. Have him back and give him 4 years hoping we bounce straight back. Is he suddenly going to improve or is it just another stupid deal ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

I don’t think this is at all true, unless you can long me to the figures? Plus they have just made a £20m profit on Mangala. 

You seriously think they wouldn’t get more than £25m for Gibbs-White? 

and Awoniyi is a proven PL scorer now, a right handful and cost them about £15m They would make a huge profit on him.

i want them to fail as much as anyone but little point in being deluded about it. 

They’re correct.

They haven’t made any money on Mangala yet and some of any profit would go to Stuttgart. Lyon have an option but it’s a huge fee for them. 

MGW fee has now hit over 30m and set to rise to at least 35m, potentially 42.5m. 

Awoniyi cost them 17m+. If Forest are relegated I can’t see them making a big profit on him as he turns 27 in the summer and so his ‘sell on’ value would then start decreasing unless he suddenly became a 1 in 2 striker. 

Right..the morning after. Here's an analysis which might fit the facts without ascribing too much incompetence to Ruskin and Co. (Yeah, hard I know...).

The deal fell entirely on FPF. Milan had no interest in being uncooperative. It is unlikely that the club would have forgotten about work permits etc

Sensi, and certainly his agent, wanted the deal, but would have known about our financials, at least in general terms.

Enzo meanwhile has said repeatedly that we cannot buy without selling.

So we hoped there was a chance of a last minute sale. It was a reasonable gamble. Got Sensi over just in case on the last day with him understanding that we could not commit. 

The sale fell though at the last minute which meant our deal was off.

The sale fell through because the players we want to offload are on too high a wage for buying clubs to stomach and the players would rather take a huge wage and not play than play for a smaller wage

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, midland_red said:

Right..the morning after. Here's an analysis which might fit the facts without ascribing too much incompetence to Ruskin and Co. (Yeah, hard I know...).

The deal fell entirely on FPF. Milan had no interest in being uncooperative. It is unlikely that the club would have forgotten about work permits etc

Sensi, and certainly his agent, wanted the deal, but would have known about our financials, at least in general terms.

Enzo meanwhile has said repeatedly that we cannot buy without selling.

So we hoped there was a chance of a last minute sale. It was a reasonable gamble. Got Sensi over just in case on the last day with him understanding that we could not commit. 

The sale fell though at the last minute which meant our deal was off.

The sale fell through because the players we want to offload are on too high a wage for buying clubs to stomach and the players would rather take a huge wage and not play than play for a smaller wage

I think that your analysis is most probably right. Clearly we couldn't sell those we wanted to (which sale fell through at the last minute?) but just wonder if a loan or two might've been enough to get the Sensi deal done. Dunno. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

They are defending it because lining up a deal was the right thing to do. And if it’s been clearly explained to the player and his agent what exactly is the problem? If he’s not bothered, why should you be bothered on his behalf. 

Even if he didn’t know, you do what’s right for the club and not the player. And the right thing to do was have a deal in the pipeline. 

I can’t believe people actually think not having a deal lined up would be preferable. 

I agree and have agreed over all your threads on this topic.. but the 1% is the handling of the player ( if he wasn’t informed or just gratiously informed)

Deal/Business ways only right by the club.

No I am sorry you don’t handle would be player investments,who you want to put all his soul playing for club and set up,you handle them proffesionally and don’t take the piss within the movement of any future would be player…

If the player however knew and situation and issues were open to him and was still willing to travel,fair dues to both sides.

Also…In my experience..Eng.or IT project contractor…I have had payed or payed my own travel applying for job ( sometime the meet itself got me the job).

But unlike Sensi there wasn’t any ( probably also not fully understood) outside 3rd party issues,in our basic,normal,exceptional lives there is no employment 3rd party official regulations that isn’t up front..even working in overseas under local Govt

agencies..This  like FFP fans have to learn to live with and accept DoF and recruitment difficulties.

Just because players earn millions,we have learnt how to become a caring club..

I don’t want us to lose that respect or abuse it from within the profession.

Even a New parks Urchin appreciates the values of being an English gentleman,though we have buccaneer ways..

Edited by fuchsntf