Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Work permits have been stumbling blocks,f or clubs for years…

I can’t buy into this blame/incompetence anymore….

Either lies…or time to move whole recruitment team on…

Work permits, or the lack of, had nothing to do with this.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You truly believe  "we understand the fans frustration"  without expanding on that wouldn't set off a barrage of complaints on here.

They hasn't been an 'outright refusal to even consider explaining', like every other club they just don't say anything.

Has Rudkin complained about journalists speculating?

What does our financial position have to do with 'Enzo can't threaten to take his ball and go home if the fans don't back his ideas 100%. '?

The speculation and anxiety is heightened by the same point being made by the same individuals twice on every page.

That or by people not bothering to read the previous pages and then asking a question that has been asked numerous times answered 27 different ways on numerous pages.

Enzo's exact words were "I'm not going to talk about it" that's a refusal to talk about it. Admittedly he did say he might at a later date but as of now, they absolutely refuse to discuss it. 

I can't remember who exactly but there was a reporter who was usually in the loop being cut out after last season following a few articles speculating about our finances and (admittedly rumours has it) it's Rudkin who was behind it. 

I'm not talking specifically about finances and have made that clear, I'm talking about the club and/or Enzo showing a bit of sympathy for us being completely in the dark OR accepting that, that enforced ignorance will lead to unrest. 

If you don't like points being repeated or questions being asked over and over, maybe football forums aren't for you...

• Like 1

I am based in the US and 100% saw the 'holding up the shirt' picture (it was the yellow away kit) on Facebook yesterday last night (middle of the night UK time). However, I cannot find the picture anywhere this morning (for obvious reasons......)

Must have hurt even more considering he got kitted out then told to give it back!   

7 minutes ago, MendhamFox said:

I am based in the US and 100% saw the 'holding up the shirt' picture (it was the yellow away kit) on Facebook yesterday last night (middle of the night UK time). However, I cannot find the picture anywhere this morning (for obvious reasons......)

Must have hurt even more considering he got kitted out then told to give it back!   

Fairly confident it was a poor photoshop jobby that mate! HA

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Eric Ten Hag said he wanted a striker in this window, but profit and sustainability rules wouldn’t allow. If a club like united are struggling then it’s no surprise we are.

They could have bought Nacho for a few million. Still shite, but better than Maguire and Evans. Probably.

3 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

I really feel sorry for him. He was ready to join, only to be fluffed up by our own accounting function

Way to build him & his family up for 30 days and then let him down 

I would save being sorry for people who really deserve it. He will still get paid it 50k a week regardless of having an all expenses trip paid to Seagrave. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Forgetting Sensi for a minute this whole profitability thing is trouble.

essentially they want football clubs to be businesses. I understand the concept, I don’t want us to become another Bury or similar.

What they are saying here is they don’t want an owner (for example a duty free company) to own a football club and spend profits on it made by said duty free business. This is great for the highly marketable clubs with huge fan bases and stadiums. The rest however are always going to be playing catchup and will more than likely have to sell their assets at a reduced price in order to spend any money.

the whole thing doesn’t sit well at all. 2016 really did change football as we know it. 

This started pre 2016 mate

and yes, you’ve summed up why all non big six fans hate ffp ….

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Forgetting Sensi for a minute this whole profitability thing is trouble.

essentially they want football clubs to be businesses. I understand the concept, I don’t want us to become another Bury or similar.

What they are saying here is they don’t want an owner (for example a duty free company) to own a football club and spend profits on it made by said duty free business. This is great for the highly marketable clubs with huge fan bases and stadiums. The rest however are always going to be playing catchup and will more than likely have to sell their assets at a reduced price in order to spend any money.

the whole thing doesn’t sit well at all. 2016 really did change football as we know it. 

Also, if the big clubs don't spend then the money doesn't filter down to the lower clubs, how sustainable will that make them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

None of those. The deal depended on a sale which didn't happen. 

So who was we so close to selling we bought him over.

Why did that deal fold?

We've made ourselves look stupid and nothing else.

2 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

https://theathletic.com/5247333/2024/02/02/leicester-inter-stefano-sensi/

Reading this is infuriating. Simply ran out of time. Had all month to agree on the terms and didn’t start proceeding until 8pm

That's harsh, looks like there were issues at Inter's end as well.

Seems like we wanted to make this work from a FFP position by selling a player.

When it was clear that wasn't happening, we tried to get a deal done on terms that would work.

I'm against Rudkin as well - he should have gone after what happened last season - but unfair to pin this all on him, or the club generally. 

• Like 3

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

That's harsh, looks like there were issues at Inter's end as well.

Seems like we wanted to make this work from a FFP position by selling a player.

When it was clear that wasn't happening, we tried to get a deal done on terms that would work.

I'm against Rudkin as well - he should have gone after what happened last season - but unfair to pin this all on him, or the club generally. 

Is it really? While it’s well and good wanting to sell a player, surely agreeing on a back up option re deal structure before the night of the deadline is an obvious thing to do?

Even if this wasn’t going to work, should have had a loan deal lined up for someone to replace Casadei.

No excuse for not doing basic planning

19 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Is it really? While it’s well and good wanting to sell a player, surely agreeing on a back up option re deal structure before the night of the deadline is an obvious thing to do?

Even if this wasn’t going to work, should have had a loan deal lined up for someone to replace Casadei.

No excuse for not doing basic planning

Inter needed to accept that and they weren't willing to unless there was no other option. 

Just now, westernpark said:

Yes they were, they moved it to no money upfront and then a fee only upon promotion.

But he was a free agent by then - worth reading the article if you can. And that was Inter's problem - how to guarantee a payment from us for a free agent.