Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

I still think this is more cover for Winks. Praet has failed to even make an effort, bloke hasn’t even had his hair cut this season yet….. so he will probably end up leaving either on loan or on the cheap. We do need someone who can cover a few areas if needed. It could be a blinding signing, at this level anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A 3.5 year contract does seem excessive. Would rather we chuff up a bit more in a signing on fee and it be a shorter contract but over that amount of time it's barely even registrable on the accounts for the transfer fee.

29 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Is Cambiasso the only import from Serie A that has added value to our team? I'm excluding the brief Mancini cameo. As that was like a chess grandmaster playing with Anstey u10s chess team. 

Interesting question 

from what I can see the list is including loans

inler

under

benoulane (sure spelt wrong)

castagne

praet

Wague 

mancini 

cambiasso

crncic

i imagine some may make the case for under but other than that and castagne (obviously mancini and cambiasso) 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Interesting question 

from what I can see the list is including loans

inler

under

benoulane (sure spelt wrong)

castagne

praet

Wague 

mancini 

cambiasso

crncic

i imagine some may make the case for under but other than that and castagne (obviously mancini and cambiasso) 

I suppose if you’re looking back winks did he a season at sampdoria before joining us and mavidi was at juventus before being transferred to Montpellier then us. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I still think this is more cover for Winks. Praet has failed to even make an effort, bloke hasn’t even had his hair cut this season yet….. so he will probably end up leaving either on loan or on the cheap. We do need someone who can cover a few areas if needed. It could be a blinding signing, at this level anyway. 

In his defence, his hair got injured and kept him out for 6wks last time he had a trim.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A 3.5 year contract does seem excessive. Would rather we chuff up a bit more in a signing on fee and it be a shorter contract but over that amount of time it's barely even registrable on the accounts for the transfer fee.

Have we had anything to say its 3.5yrs or is this just what people have taken from sportswitness and some FT maths?

I realise this is 4 years old.... so don't hit me with the "yeah but he hasn't played at all since then as he's been injured".........

but he looks sensational in this video.   Interestingly though, LOTS of his play and involvement is on the left side of midfield, using his right foot to switch play out wide in cross field balls. 

With Maresca starting to move KDH to the right side of midfield more recently, it could be that he's looking to "invert" the central midfielders to open up the pitch more. 

We are all seeing this is a signing to cover winks or the number 8 role because Ndidi is injured..... but no-one seems to have thought that Ndidi could have told the club he is moving on in the summer and we are getting ahead of his departure by making this type of signing before it's announced that he is going elsewhere. 

on the showing of THIS video, he's an upgrade way beyond what any of our current midfielders are capable of.   

• Like 2

In that video above he looks every bit a number 8- always way higher than a winks role in that video- looks like he plays a lot in the left 8- thats fine - plenty of times this year KDH is playing the right 8- im sure with that ability he will be absolutely fine at this level if not fantastic- get him in

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

if we pull this off though and he comes good,    It will be like dell Boy  buying a  cheap kitchen table that ends up having a wad of cash taped underneath it

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Castagne came from Atalanta and I know some don’t rate him, but he was a solid player for us for most of his time here.

Stephy Mavididi is going to make him wish he took up tiddlywinks next season though :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

I realise this is 4 years old.... so don't hit me with the "yeah but he hasn't played at all since then as he's been injured".........

but he looks sensational in this video.   Interestingly though, LOTS of his play and involvement is on the left side of midfield, using his right foot to switch play out wide in cross field balls. 

With Maresca starting to move KDH to the right side of midfield more recently, it could be that he's looking to "invert" the central midfielders to open up the pitch more. 

We are all seeing this is a signing to cover winks or the number 8 role because Ndidi is injured..... but no-one seems to have thought that Ndidi could have told the club he is moving on in the summer and we are getting ahead of his departure by making this type of signing before it's announced that he is going elsewhere. 

on the showing of THIS video, he's an upgrade way beyond what any of our current midfielders are capable of.   

So he hasn't played in 4 years is that correct. It must have been a very bad injury. He looks real quality in the video.

His passing range is incredable in the video. Balls arriving with accuracy and the right pace on them.

If he can recapture that form for us we'll have a 50 million pounds player in the team. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So he hasn't played in 4 years is that correct. It must have been a very bad injury. He looks real quality in the video.

His passing range is incredable in the video. Balls arriving with accuracy and the right pace on them.

If he can recapture that form for us we'll have a 50 million pounds player in the team. 

Played 30 games for Monza last season.

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

So far this has been the season for surprising. Fatawu looked like an extreme risk and 18m seemed absurd, Harry Winks was regarded as underwhelming and uninspired, Mavididi raised a lot of eyebrows and FoxesTalk jizzed itself to death over Cesare Casadei. Haha.

There's no doubting that Sensi has a fantastic amount of talent, he's a much better player than Praet has ever been. Yes, he's had a difficult history with injuries and, sure, he's not good enough for Inter Milan. But we are where we are.

I can't get my head around people acting like 2m is anything other than bargain basement. Even for a Championship club these days, it's not a significant amount of money, especially given we're looking almost certainly on course to be back in the top flight again.

He's an experienced pro with a lot of ability, on his day he's not far off Champions League quality. He won't be under pressure to play every minute here and he gives us a good option.

I don't really see a significant issue with this transfer if I'm honest. Some of the reactions seem over the top.

I think I just have PTSD from the like of Bertrand!

My worry is we always seem lumbered with a long list of deadwood and the risk of adding to it as it will be impossible to move on if it doesn't work out.

1 player in isolation is fine, but when you add them to a pile of Ward, Iversen, Praet Thomas, and Soumare consume a big chunk of wages collectively.

But then again, it could be an inspired move if we can get him fit and firing.

I assume we only have a sniff at signing him because of Enzo.

36 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He played 30 games last season for Monza..