Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Come on lcfc ffs linger this goes on the more chance it won’t happen. We’ve been here before. 

yes he has an injury record but I see him more like a Bentley sport than a rolls Royce albeit one with reliability issues but when it runs boy is it fun to drive! It’s a gamble like any deal when did that ever put us off. We got the cannon didn’t we?

flippin get rid of Praet and Ward on the cheap and make some bloody room!

It’s not about the room in the squad; it’s about the transfer kitty. Maresca has said a few times that he’s been told recently by the board that we have to sell in order to add to the squad this January.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It’s not about the room in the squad; it’s about the transfer kitty. Maresca has said a few times that he’s been told recently by the board that we have to sell in order to add to the squad this January.

It’s about FFP, not about the transfer kitty as such. The squad is over inflated with wages that go far beyond that of a championship side. We’ve got to be careful because if we fail to get promoted, there’s potentially a whole world of pain around the corner, so we’ve got to be sensible in the market. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s about FFP, not about the transfer kitty as such. The squad is over inflated with wages that go far beyond that of a championship side. We’ve got to be careful because if we fail to get promoted, there’s potentially a whole world of pain around the corner, so we’ve got to be sensible in the market. 

If we’re close to the spending limit , we don’t have a kitty! Although collecting around £90 million in transfers its difficult 

to see how it’s happened.

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You know what I’m talking about and you know what Enzo Maresca means when he has repeatedly said we need to sell before we buy; this is just arguing over semantics. I’m responding to people in this thread talking about Iversen or Ward going on loan freeing up a squad place for Sensi and I’m saying the manager has made it clear that this is not enough to get him to add to the squad.

Edited by Jordan

8 hours ago, notnow john said:

If we’re close to the spending limit , we don’t have a kitty! Although collecting around £90 million in transfers its difficult 

to see how it’s happened.

We dropped down a league. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

You know what I’m talking about and you know what Enzo Maresca means when he has repeatedly said we need to sell before we buy; this is just arguing over semantics. I’m responding to people in this thread talking about Iversen or Ward going on loan freeing up a squad place for Sensi and I’m saying the manager has made it clear that this is not enough to get him to add to the squad.

I get you, you’re correct. No point loaning players, like you say it’s the sales we need to offset the spending. Would be ideal if we could sell someone like Thomas, home grown player off the books!

So nobody really has a clue what’s going on then - surely £90m in during the summer should have offset everything and then some especially as barnes was home grown it’s pure profit - we also just got iverson out of the 25 man squad so there is squad space so also doesn’t make sense in that respect that we can’t get this done - also we know 5 or 6 100k a week players are out of contract in 6 months so the wages come down massively without doing anything- how we can possibly still be in trouble is not an easy one to work out at all - I for one was extremely surprised to hear this come from maresca- pretty much exactly the rodgers speech from 18 months and 12 months ago - doesn’t make sense no matter which way you look at it 

Edited by jv1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That doesn't say we've registered him in the squad though.

Doesn't make a difference to the initial problem which is our squad is too big. We've loaned Iversen and had LT sent back. Exactly where we started before the window opened so we won't sign Sensi as it stands.

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

Doesn't make a difference to the initial problem which is our squad is too big. We've loaned Iversen and had LT sent back. Exactly where we started before the window opened so we won't sign Sensi as it stands.

You can have people back at the club who aren’t registered. There’s nothing to say that Thomas has been registered.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

You can have people back at the club who aren’t registered. There’s nothing to say that Thomas has been registered.

Mate, he's back on books and we're paying a full wage on him. It's not rocket science that unless he's loaned/sold OR someone else leaves then we won't be bringing in anyone. We're not just gonna banish the kid to the U21's and if we were that's kicking the can and isn't resolving the squad issue lol

5 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

If we don't register him he's not part of "the squad". Good chance Sheff Utd are covering a good chunk of his wages too, otherwise why would we have agreed to take him back.

Well another year on and nothing has changed , we must have the worst officials when it comes to getting players moved out , we need to strengthen our squad, we really need a couple of midfielders, but as usual nothing looks like it will happen again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Well another year on and nothing has changed , we must have the worst officials when it comes to getting players moved out , we need to strengthen our squad, we really need a couple of midfielders, but as usual nothing looks like it will happen again 

just me guessing and discussing… no hard facts on this one….

I wonder if part of the issue is Susan,or whoever deals with the financial side of things, demands top price for all players sold. We clearly have had  people interested in some of our players and I’m not suggesting flog everyone for a  fiver, but sometimes you need to know when to cut your losses and get someone off the books…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think this scenario makes me respect Ayoze more. Whilst I'm not privy to the financial details. He was at least prepared to move on and play some footie. We have lads who will just sit it out. Problem of our own contractual making. Bloody frustrating mind!!

Ayoze's contract ran out, he would probably still be here if we put him on a 5 year deal.

• Like 3