Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

£17m? 
praet isn’t worth anything into his last 6 months and Harry is about a £7m pound player at best in jan

I did say €17m so £14m if that makes it any better?
But semantics even if we said we had to sell both to receive €10m to spend €1-2m that gap still shows how much in the shite we probably are, the fact we couldn't even offload Praet in a like for like type package & still not break even is kinda worrying.

Edited by BKLFox

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I did say €17m so £14m if that makes it any better?
But semantics even if we said we had to sell both to receive €10m to spend €1-2m that gap still shows how much in the shite we probably are, the fact we couldn't even offload Praet in a like for like type package & still not break even is kinda worrying.

I’m sure we are very tight on headroom re ffp 

souttar was bought a year ago for £15m.  Let’s be optimistic and say that was if we stayed up and it’s was only £12.5m. Over five years that’s 2.5m in the minus column each year. So we’ve already booked 2.5m which leaves 10m. If we sell him for £7m then we have to stick £3m in the neg column this season.  That’ would mean selling him makes us 0.5m worse than keeping him!   And that’s before you take the hit on his wages - if we sold him to the prem then we could be ok as he would be paid the same as we are paying him and we might get the £10m we’d need. But if he went to rangers then we’d have to settle the probable few million quid shortfall there aswell on those wages  This illustrates that selling a player like souttar isn’t a solution. Praet would be because his salary would pretty much cover sensi’s demand and his original fee has been amortised now. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure we are very tight on headroom re ffp 

souttar was bought a year ago for £15m.  Let’s be optimistic and say that was if we stayed up and it’s was only £12.5m. Over five years that’s 2.5m in the minus column each year. So we’ve already booked 2.5m which leaves 10m. If we sell him for £7m then we have to stick £3m in the neg column this season.  That’ would mean selling him makes us 0.5m worse than keeping him!   And that’s before you take the hit on his wages - if we sold him to the prem then we could be ok as he would be paid the same as we are paying him and we might get the £10m we’d need. But if he went to rangers then we’d have to settle the probable few million quid shortfall there aswell on those wages  This illustrates that selling a player like souttar isn’t a solution. Praet would be because his salary would pretty much cover sensi’s demand and his original fee has been amortised now. 

So I assume we can therefore work out what we need to receive in order to break even/ sell our players then…

Praet - final year of contract, £1.7m now? 

Soumaré - £8.5m now, or £6.8m in the summer

Thomas - academy player, so anything above £0.

Kristiansen -  £9.8m now, or £8.7m in summer 

Souttar - £12.2m now, or £10.9m in summer

Ward - £1.125 now or £750k in summer?

Anything less and we won’t do it because it would be recorded as a loss in this years accounts.

Based on that list Thomas looks the easiest to sell. Would also imagine Soumaré and Kristiansens options to buy in the summer take this into account

*Could probably do with someone checking these workings though 

45 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

So I assume we can therefore work out what we need to receive in order to break even/ sell our players then…

Ward - £1.125 now or £750k in summer?

Anything less and we won’t do it because it would be recorded as a loss in this years accounts.

Based on that list Thomas looks the easiest to sell. Would also imagine Soumaré and Kristiansens options to buy in the summer take this into account

*Could probably do with someone checking these workings though 

You’re on the right track

re praet - we’ve effectively booked the final amount of his fee in  this years accounts so I’d say if we can get rid for nothing this month and he does what ayo did last Jan and forgoes his wages, we are better off by 200k/month 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’re on the right track

re praet - we’ve effectively booked the final amount of his fee in  this years accounts so I’d say if we can get rid for nothing this month and he does what ayo did last Jan and forgoes his wages, we are better off by 200k/month 

Ahh okay makes sense, wasn’t sure if it would all be booked in the accounts immediately or whether it would be done every 6mths because of the 2 transfer windows. 

In the last 6mths of his contract, anything is better than nothing 

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Ward - Any amount any time and **** the accounts

Edited by Death by Football
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Who is going to sign Praet or Souttar for a price we would accept though?

I assume we will only pay a fee for Sensi in the summer reading the article, the fee is subject to promotion and apps.

So it would see we will need to offload some wages, so expect we loan 1 or 2 out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I assume we will only pay a fee for Sensi in the summer reading the article, the fee is subject to promotion and apps.

So it would see we will need to offload some wages, so expect we loan 1 or 2 out.

You'd hope Thomas on a possible permanent to Sunderland.  You'd hope and pray Ward on loan anywhere.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walshie is God said:

So we are looking to sign another 8, don't we need a 9? We have cannon and that's about it

In 3 weeks time we have Daka and Iheanacho. We can't register 5 strikers in a 25 man squad so unless we can sell Iheanacho (unlikely as I think he's running his contract down) then there's minimal we can do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deep blue said:

Would Thomas want to go to Leeds?

They were linked heavily in the summer! At the time I thought him going to Sheff United would be a better move because it elevates his worth playing in the PL but all it's done is expose him for being an awful player for the level :mellow:

I feel like if the finances are that ****ed that we can't afford €2m then we shouldn't be spending it on someone with such a poor injury record and on such good wages.

If (when) we get promoted then we should revisit in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I feel like if the finances are that ****ed that we can't afford €2m then we shouldn't be spending it on someone with such a poor injury record and on such good wages.

If (when) we get promoted then we should revisit in the summer. 

No it’s FFP that’s the constraint. We have the money I’m sure.

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

No it’s FFP that’s the constraint. We have the money I’m sure.

If we get promoted do we think we still be having these tiring FFP conversations or will we be able to spend again? We are going straight down if we cant spend more than £2 Million