Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

22 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

No it’s FFP that’s the constraint. We have the money I’m sure.

Same thing though really, if we haven't £2m wiggle room on FFP then that's perilously close to breaching it and risking taking it right to zero for a player who comes with a big risk and hefty wages is cause for concern.

I suspect we're close as most clubs are and the goal posts move again should we get promoted and have different parameters to work in, some that will benefit us and some that might not. 

I think with the squad the way it is right now, Sensi is only coming in if Praet moves on. Like for like on wages I suspect.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same thing though really, if we haven't £2m wiggle room on FFP then that's perilously close to breaching it and risking taking it right to zero for a player who comes with a big risk and hefty wages is cause for concern.

I suspect we're close as most clubs are and the goal posts move again should we get promoted and have different parameters to work in, some that will benefit us and some that might not. 

I think with the squad the way it is right now, Sensi is only coming in if Praet moves on. Like for like on wages I suspect.

We're midway through the window and there haven't even been any credible rumours of another club being interested in Praet. This is not exactly surprising given his recent injury record, but it makes the prospect of Sensi appearing in a Leicester shirt this season seem very distant. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We're midway through the window and there haven't even been any credible rumours of another club being interested in Praet. This is not exactly surprising given his recent injury record, but it makes the prospect of Sensi appearing in a Leicester shirt this season seem very distant. 

There was a link to Antwerp, the response was Praet would sit around here till summer as he'd be able to command a bigger wage 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There was a link to Antwerp, the response was Praet would sit around here till summer as he'd be able to command a bigger wage 

Exactly. If the player himself is minded to stick around for six months so he can get more money in the summer, there's not much we can do.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only thing that might sway Praet is 4 months of 1st team football could get him an outside sniff for Euro 2024.

I can’t see it. His body language and demeanour looks like someone who doesn’t like being here. The most committed thing he does is wave to friends and family in the area behind where I sit. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I can’t see it. His body language and demeanour looks like someone who doesn’t like being here. The most committed thing he does is wave to friends and family in the area behind where I sit. 

I’ll give you a hundred quid to pass on a message that we want him to fook off

• Haha 2

Any club with half a braincell is going to be aware that we’re stymied by FFP and offer cursory amounts for any of our players. Would like this to happen but it’s looking unlikely unless someone takes pity on us and takes some of our deadwood of our hands. 

The McAteer links with PL teams have surprised me but it checks out - if we sell him ANY money received is pure bottom line when it comes to FFP given that he’s an ac/graduate. It eases our FFP and we have semi credible replacements on the bench in Wanya and Maswhinise… welcome Sensi. 

image.jpeg.8c37df4927e03566e711148948ab68c9.jpeg

9 minutes ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

The McAteer links with PL teams have surprised me but it checks out - if we sell him ANY money received is pure bottom line when it comes to FFP given that he’s an ac/graduate. It eases our FFP and we have semi credible replacements on the bench in Wanya and Maswhinise… welcome Sensi. 

image.jpeg.8c37df4927e03566e711148948ab68c9.jpeg

Likewise Luke Thomas. He's a curious one because despite the ridicule, his wages won't be stupidly high and with his experience for club and country aged 22, a championship club would be interested in him for £2-4m.

We have an option to extend his contract by a year as well and even if we didn't, he'd cost similar at tribunal so where as players close to contract expiry are difficult to sell with 6 months left, Thomas - if there is genuine interest shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Only thing that might sway Praet is 4 months of 1st team football could get him an outside sniff for Euro 2024.

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Didn't Ric mean 4 months at another club?

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Likewise Luke Thomas. He's a curious one because despite the ridicule, his wages won't be stupidly high and with his experience for club and country aged 22, a championship club would be interested in him for £2-4m.

We have an option to extend his contract by a year as well and even if we didn't, he'd cost similar at tribunal so where as players close to contract expiry are difficult to sell with 6 months left, Thomas - if there is genuine interest shouldn't be an issue.

Yep Thomas is a great example. Some people have suggested Enzo isn’t or wasn’t aware of the clubs financial status but this doesn’t wash for me. I wouldn’t leave a huge club and take on a job of this size without researching and understanding all aspects of the club from top to bottom. 

With that in mind I wonder if his remit was to achieve promotion whilst blooding some youngsters in the process in the hope we could cash in on them to ease FFP concerns ala McAteer, Wanya, Nelson, Maswinhise and shift on anyone you can Thomas, Iverson etc. Once Alves and Braybrooke are fit I fully expect him to put them ahead of your Praets, Albrightons of this world and if we can make a buck on any of the graduates in July/Aug then it’s a success in the eyes of the board. 

Selling graduates is a quick way out of FFP troubles but also undermines loads of work to secure the longevity of the team seeing these youngsters sold on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wonder how long Enzo will tolerate our DoF's inability to move players on which prevents him getting the players he wants.

Part inability, part flogging a dead horse.

Players we want rid of aren't exactly appealing, all flops and injury prone. Only player we could get money for imo is mcateer.. personally I wouldn't mind cashing in, but it doesn't look like the club are interested 

13 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Part inability, part flogging a dead horse.

Players we want rid of aren't exactly appealing, all flops and injury prone. Only player we could get money for imo is mcateer.. personally I wouldn't mind cashing in, but it doesn't look like the club are interested 

Quite. But it goes back again to who was responsible for the mess in the first place. Who paid the money for Ward, who sanctioned the wages and who gave him a fvcking contract extension. 

Rudkin can't shift the players because of the contracts he sanctioned. 

But we don't know FOR SURE though so we shouldn't speculate.