Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Just now, moore_94 said:

Gonna get beaten to him by a Turkish side aren’t we?

EXCLUSIVE | Samsunspor made an offer to Inter's midfielder Stefano Sensi. • Leicester City agreed with Inter for the transfer of Sensi for 2 million Euros. However, this transfer is on hold due to FFP.

• Sad 1

Id imagine the idea is that he will be primarily for the prem. we dont NEED him now but it would be great to have him.

I reckon if it comes down to him going out of contract somewhere  else, we'd put an offer  in for him to join at the end of the season

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

@moore_94 if he wants to be here he will wait.

If he doesn't do we really want him.

There's very very few players who actually WANT to come to Leicester. There's really nothing special about us if you are not from the area...

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

There's very very few players who actually WANT to come to Leicester. There's really nothing special about us if you are not from the area...

Other than we tend to pay outrageously well and if you do manage to stick around for a while you'll invariably win something or be part of something ridiculous.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Other than we tend to pay outrageously well and if you do manage to stick around for a while you'll invariably win something or be part of something ridiculous.

I don't think to win trophies will be what pulls someone to Leicester... you're right about the wages, but i tried to ephassise the tight type of ' want' . meaning there isnt anything special about us to an outsider who has never probably even been to England before..

Edited by MPH

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don't think to win trophies will be what pulls someone to Leicester... you're right about the wages, but i tried to ephassise the tight type of ' want' . meaning there isnt anything special about us to an outsider who has never probably even been to England before..

He’ll definitely be aware of our very recent successes and winning trophies. He’ll no doubt win one this year if he joined. 

• Like 2

Most players will come to us for the improved financials compared to clubs in Europe, and there's the added incentive that performing for us gets you a move up the ladder where trophies and bigger money are still possible. You go to Turkey and you're dead basically.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see us paying the outrageous wages that we did. Now ffp is being enforced we can't throw wages at everyone.

52 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I don't see us paying the outrageous wages that we did. Now ffp is being enforced we can't throw wages at everyone.

I hope we don't but most PL and top EFL sides will still pay far more than the majority of European teams.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I'm not saying we are his dream club and he's had Walsh posters on his wall as a kid.

But if he wants to go Turkey which is retirement home than that says it all.

• Like 1

I do find it odd that we’ve been so public with this one when we can’t even get it over the line yet. We’re sitting ducks if someone (Saudi?) want to come in and offer him silly money and hijack the deal. It’s very ‘un Leicester’ like how we’ve handled this potential transfer.

10 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I do find it odd that we’ve been so public with this one when we can’t even get it over the line yet. We’re sitting ducks if someone (Saudi?) want to come in and offer him silly money and hijack the deal. It’s very ‘un Leicester’ like how we’ve handled this potential transfer.

I suspect the leeks went something like;

• Inter / players agent to flush out other potential interest

• Enzo in response to direct media question to put pressure on internally 

• Like 2

On 18/01/2024 at 09:33, les-tah said:

If we get promoted do we think we still be having these tiring FFP conversations or will we be able to spend again? We are going straight down if we cant spend more than £2 Million

This is the argument that lots of the clubs coming into the premier league are saying. Forest took a gamble to stay up and we are villifying them for it. Lots of our fans are saying they should have just gone back down, built again and come back up. 

I suspect, if we get promoted, we aren't getting an immediate return to competing at the top end of the table. It's going to be a long hard slog to re-establish ourselves in amongst those competing for honours and will require lots of astute signings and unearthing of gems.  Something that I'm not entirely confident we have the ability to do.