Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quite. But it goes back again to who was responsible for the mess in the first place. Who paid the money for Ward, who sanctioned the wages and who gave him a fvcking contract extension. 

Rudkin can't shift the players because of the contracts he sanctioned. 

But we don't know FOR SURE though so we shouldn't speculate.

Completely agree, but you don't know what pressure he was under from the then managers to offer certain contracts etc I guess

16 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I suspect the leeks went something like;

• Inter / players agent to flush out other potential interest

• Enzo in response to direct media question to put pressure on internally 

I've found the source of the leeks.

leeks.JPG.a1ec0e05b812bf9e213e9fc0889c7521.JPG

17 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I do find it odd that we’ve been so public with this one when we can’t even get it over the line yet. We’re sitting ducks if someone (Saudi?) want to come in and offer him silly money and hijack the deal. It’s very ‘un Leicester’ like how we’ve handled this potential transfer.

Perhaps it’s Enzo’s youthfulness (in terms of management), that he’s talking about it so openly, or perhaps it’s a tactic for him to lean on the club to pressure them to move. 

It seems however the crooks of the situation is that the wage bill needs reducing before he comes in, otherwise we’re stepping into dangerous FFP territory.

I’ve not actually heard any interviews with him regards Sensi, has he actually said “yes he’s a target”, or has someone said “do you know of sensi” and he’s simply replied with a. “Yes he’s a good player”……

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The problem we've had this year is that we still have a lot of the dead wood and expensive contracts on the books that are padding out the squad. A lot was made of the fact that a few left in the summer but we still had a fair few more. 

Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vardy, Thomas, Praet, Vestergaard, Smithies are all out of contract the summer coming and Ward will be in the last year of his contract. 

That's a huge amount of wages with only Vestergaard and Ndidi really being regular starters and frankly with the ability to offer Premier League football, I'd expect us to be able to replace both for lower wages even in the current market. 

We'll also have a significant bump back up in prize and television money to add to the war chest that's covered by FFP along with anything we can make off Soumaré and Souttar which should also be easier once we're technically in to next season. 

People shouldn't be expecting us to suddenly spend 80, 90 million but we'll have a moderate amount to spend next year. 

Plus, let's not be melodramatic, even without reinforcements this team probably wouldn't go straight back down. 

Question is, what does 'this team' even mean? We've a lot of players coming to the end of their contracts again, and there's going to be a big turnover of players again this summer. 

I only count about 12 starter/squad players on this list...

image.png.bc8bd1e4a6546874e618921f9fe9cbb6.png

£80-90m won't get us far...and we don't have any Fofanas, Maddisons or Barnes's to cash in on either...

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Question is, what does 'this team' even mean?

Hermansen 

Ricardo, Faes, Coady, JJ 

Winks

Akgun*, KDH 

Fatawu, Mavididi 

Cannon/Daka 

There you go. That's an eleven that we have all but secured for next season. I've put an asterisk by Akgun because it's clearly not his natural position and he's the player in that side I'd be least comfortable with but I'm sure we won't struggle to find an actual box to box midfielder to play there. 

Regardless, if that 11 played the majority of the 38 games in a Premier League season under Enzo Maresca, I'd personally be surprised and disappointed if it was battling relegation all year. 

Would it comfortably push for the top half? No absolutely not. But I'd bet there'll be three or four teams worse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hermansen 

Ricardo, Faes, Coady, JJ 

Winks

Akgun*, KDH 

Fatawu, Mavididi 

Cannon/Daka 

There you go. That's an eleven that we have all but secured for next season. I've put an asterisk by Akgun because it's clearly not his natural position and he's the player in that side I'd be least comfortable with but I'm sure we won't struggle to find an actual box to box midfielder to play there. 

Regardless, if that 11 played the majority of the 38 games in a Premier League season under Enzo Maresca, I'd personally be surprised and disappointed if it was battling relegation all year. 

Would it comfortably push for the top half? No absolutely not. But I'd bet there'll be three or four teams worse. 

I think people are in for a disappointment if they think we're going to be splashing the cash this summer.

I'd like to think/hope we are going to be investing in young upandcomers

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think people are in for a disappointment if they think we're going to be splashing the cash this summer.

Honestly we do not seem to be very good at making big money transfers. 15m and under is where we seem to excel so not having money to spend should be a blessing in disguise.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Agree. I think what people are forgetting is with the obligations for Fatawu and Yunus if we go up and they play X% of games, which it looks like they might meet. That’s c. £23 spend already. 

Add to the Doyle who I reckon we might end up signing next season, is another c. £15m.

Thats £38m nett spend before we’ve even improved this seasons team. 

Add to which we’ll ideally also need another LW, ST, CM, LB and CB as a minimum. Means it’s going to be tough to get in who we want given what we’ve potentially already committed to spending in the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Agree. I think what people are forgetting is with the obligations for Fatawu and Yunus if we go up and they play X% of games, which it looks like they might meet. That’s c. £23 spend already. 

Add to the Doyle who I reckon we might end up signing next season, is another c. £15m.

Add to which we’ll ideally also need another LW, ST, CM, LB and CB as a minimum. Means it’s going to be tough to get in who we want given what we’ve potentially already committed to spending in the summer.

Not only did we get relegated whilst following the rules, whilst 2 teams stayed up at our expense because they broke the rules, but we're also getting promoted back into the PL among the strictest period for the spending that is required to try and stay up...

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

59 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Question is, what does 'this team' even mean? We've a lot of players coming to the end of their contracts again, and there's going to be a big turnover of players again this summer. 

I only count about 12 starter/squad players on this list...

image.png.bc8bd1e4a6546874e618921f9fe9cbb6.png

£80-90m won't get us far...and we don't have any Fofanas, Maddisons or Barnes's to cash in on either...

I'd like to think/hope that Nelson, Braybrooke and Alves can help us plug some holes in the premier league matchday squad next season, following each getting some well earned minutes under the belt towards the end of this season

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Its an option on Yunus isn't it?

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hermansen 

Ricardo, Faes, Coady, JJ 

Winks

Akgun*, KDH 

Fatawu, Mavididi 

Cannon/Daka 

I've got to be honest, I do think that team would struggle.

That midfield 3 will get ripped apart by most competent midfields. I think we need more mobility and physicality.

If we go up I think we need to make three (potentially four) key signings. I think it's imperative that we sign a very good number 8 and a very good CB for the middle of the back 3. I then also think we need to sign a number 9 that is a proven goal scorer. I also think that if funds allow then we should be signing a better left back/left of the back 3. 

• Like 3

think if we go up we will be looking at the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. to send us some loan players. 

Some talent there that isnt good enough for them but would certainly help us out. 

Mcatee (Man City)

Quansah (Liverpool)

Bradley (Liverpool) 

Doak (Liverpol) 

Platino (Arsenal) 

Smith-Rowe (Arsenal)  - depending on if he leaves

We will need to loan players, survive and then build on that. 

We need to go back to selling one player a season for big bucks. Fatawu and Mavididi both have this potential. 

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

We still havnt SOLD anyone. We still need the money in so we dont breach FFP rules...

probably just saved the transfer fee on the loan fee. Plus the wages might even be similar (we’d probably be paying a large percentage) 

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

We still havnt SOLD anyone. We still need the money in so we dont breach FFP rules...

Got his wages off the books though which won't be low considering the fee Chelsea paid for him