Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He’ll snap almost immediately. Could work out, but I’ve got a bad feeling. 

Loads of people were passing judgement on Winks because of his injury record and look at how influential he is. 

We shouldn't pass judgement anyway because 1. He isn't our player yet 2. He'll have to adapt to an entirely new league and system 3. He's a very accomplished mezzala and is technically better than Ndidi in that role and far more versatile, if he was to sign

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxysausages said:

Loads of people were passing judgement on Winks because of his injury record and look at how influential he is. 

We shouldn't pass judgement anyway because 1. He isn't our player yet 2. He'll have to adapt to an entirely new league and system 3. He's a very accomplished mezzala and is technically better than Ndidi in that role and far more versatile, if he was to sign

Absolutely. It’s a feeling not a fact. He could be awesome. 

• Like 3

I think he’s worth the gamble. Yes, he’s made of balsa wood, but his range, quality, nous and accuracy of passing could be sensational for us and really help us cut teams open much more. I love clever, fast thinking technical players. Cambiasso’s speed of thought and reading of the game was sensational to watch. If this guy is nearly in the same ball park then £2m will be a bargain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Absolutely. It’s a feeling not a fact. He could be awesome. 

I'm just still confused about asking the FA to sanction the deal, as Butch has gone, like a fast pass, is that allowed and has there been an instance of it happening? 

Also both Fab and Di Marzio have said that it's specifically a permanent deal not a loan, or have I got that right? 

Excited by this one, he brings skills we severely lack in passing and vision. In this system and with the runs that our wingers make, they should get many more clear cut chances than they do.

As good as KDH and N'didi have been more recently, passing is just about at the bottom of their list of abilities. So many times they don't play that pass between full back and centre half, which in fairness to them is prudent. They know their limits.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I think he’s worth the gamble. Yes, he’s made of balsa wood, but his range, quality, nous and accuracy of passing could be sensational for us and really help us cut teams open much more. I love clever, fast thinking technical players. Cambiasso’s speed of thought and reading of the game was sensational to watch. If this guy is nearly in the same ball park then £2m will be a bargain. 

Always thought the same with Cambiasso, it's what made him an absolute joy to watch. The only trouble was that alot of the time he was passing to players that weren't even reading the same book as him, let alone on the same page! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Lavia and another guy are potentially out for the season apparently, and then there is interest in Gallagher

Still mad if he manages to somehow get good game time at Chelsea this season

But this is like us being short and so relying on Oli Ewing or Arjan Raikhy. 

Even with Chelsea's dubious recent financial record you'd expect them to have money left to conjure up even just a high-end loan from a Champions League club or something.

Looking at his YouTube videos, looks like he could find cannon early with some of the good runs he has made so far. All the others who play 8 aren’t really that type to play 30/40 yard pass to him. Hopefully stays fit and settles quickly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

The "first team" part is what does not add up.  Will readily grant he's improved some lately; but he's yet to be consistent at this level, much less PL.

Their next Cup tie is Villa.  How is he going to see the pitch?

I'm wondering if we didn't just tell Chelsea to take him back or watch him mostly warm our bench.

From the stands.  He will be cup tied as he played for us against Milwall.

• Like 2

When on form he’s easily a Europa league standard player. Which for us at this level is world class standard player he won’t have a problem in the premier league when we get promoted.

Signing him for 2m euro is a bargain, and that’s probably the way Enzo feels too.

Edited by Happy Fox

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

When on form he’s easily a Europa league standard player. Which for us at this level is world class standard player he won’t have a problem in the premier league when we get promoted.

Signing him for 2m euro is a bargain, and that’s probably the way Enzo feels too.

On form he is a CL level player, Inter Milan fans said his performances when he first joined were some of the best theyve seen recently from a midfielder.

Seems a weird signing, regardless of his ability, the guy averages about 10-15 games a season for the last 9 years.

Based on that I Imagine he becomes another player we can't rely on and we're unable to shift who ends up on loan back to Italy while we pay most of his wages.

So far the the one signing you can attribute to Enzo wanting is Cesare Casadei, now being linked with this guy. Seems we haven't learned from letting the manager make questionable transfer decisions.

• Like 1