Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Seems a weird signing, regardless of his ability, the guy averages about 10-15 games a season for the last 9 years.

Based on that I Imagine he becomes another player we can't rely on and we're unable to shift who ends up on loan back to Italy while we pay most of his wages.

So far the the one signing you can attribute to Enzo wanting is Cesare Casadei, now being linked with this guy. Seems we haven't learned from letting the manager make questionable transfer decisions.

Blimey you are having a bad day.  Hope things improve later.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Seems a weird signing, regardless of his ability, the guy averages about 10-15 games a season for the last 9 years.

Based on that I Imagine he becomes another player we can't rely on and we're unable to shift who ends up on loan back to Italy while we pay most of his wages.

So far the the one signing you can attribute to Enzo wanting is Cesare Casadei, now being linked with this guy. Seems we haven't learned from letting the manager make questionable transfer decisions.

Will be interesting. He was available most of last season and was immense for Monza but they couldn't afford to buy him as they're a small Serie A club and his wages are huge for such clubs.

He's barely played this season but again he's not been injured so hopefully like Ricardo and James Justin, he may have found a balance on how to steer clear of the relentless injuries he previously used to get.

Make no mistake, if he does stay relatively fit then he is an outrageous signing for this level and no question he's technically good enough for the PL. He's also quick both in the way he thinks with the football but also getting around the pitch. That's not necessarily a trait that Italian players have from central midfield and hopefully gives him the edge.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be interesting. He was available most of last season and was immense for Monza but they couldn't afford to buy him as they're a small Serie A club and his wages are huge for such clubs.

If he was immense he'd have been a starter for a small Serie A club but he was a sub for 7 of their last 8 games coming on in 5 of them so clearly lost his place. In the games he did start he was regularly subbed off early. No chance he copes with the pace of English football, although I suppose we are trying to play like an Italian club. 🙄

The 3.5 year contract is nuts given he's already been out on loan 6 times in his career, never settled or been a regular anywhere and will be guaranteed to make that 7 next season.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Blimey you are having a bad day.  Hope things improve later.

I just can't help being cynical lol It doesn't stay with me don't worry  :D

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's barely played this season but again he's not been injured so hopefully like Ricardo and James Justin, he may have found a balance on how to steer clear of the relentless injuries he previously used to get.

Make no mistake, if he does stay relatively fit then he is an outrageous signing for this level and no question he's technically good enough for the PL. He's also quick both in the way he thinks with the football but also getting around the pitch. That's not necessarily a trait that Italian players have from central midfield and hopefully gives him the edge.

From what I'm reading and seen he looks to be a tremendous player when he's fit and on it.

I'm just getting the horrible sink in the stomach feeling of our manager bringing in players of a certain age who he is essentially looking to "fix". It's all a bit familiar and I'm not ready to trust lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not true. He specifically wanted Harry Winks, Doyle and Coady.

So far the recruitment this season has been astute and really well. Enzo knows exactly who he wants.

We couldn't get a permanent deal done in time for Doyle so we've chosen to Loan him. 

Just now, Foxysausages said:

So far the recruitment this season has been astute and really well. Enzo knows exactly who he wants.

We couldn't get a permanent deal done in time for Doyle so we've chosen to Loan him. 

1.5 out of 4 then starters then. Giving Doyle a .5 because I really don't think there's a huge difference between him and Justin.

Not a fan of letting managers (who will likely be around for 2/3 seasons) shape our squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Lots on here made similar negatively comments about the signing of Winks. That hasn't turned out too bad....

This is very true, I was dead against Winks lol 

That being said, when I watched more highlights of him and understood the way Enzo wanted to play it made sense very quickly. Still think we overpaid on him though, I guess it depends how his performances translate in the Premier League.

The bloke clearly has talent and if he was fit he would be good in championship. However, he needs to be fit and ready to play, otherwise it would be pointless and only adding to problems of players we can’t get off books. It’s a no from me. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

1.5 out of 4 then starters then. Giving Doyle a .5 because I really don't think there's a huge difference between him and Justin.

Not a fan of letting managers (who will likely be around for 2/3 seasons) shape our squad.

Tbh there's a massive difference in the way that we play between JJ and Doyle. Doyle can do the cross field passes and is able to switch play which is vital in the style that Enzo wants. JJ can link up play by short passes and travelling deep into the half space and whilst is faster than Doyle isn't technically gifted. 

Besides it's not the fault of Coady that he's not starting, Vestergaard has just been unbelievable this season. Besides, Coady is the lockeroom leader, we didn't have any of that last season. The times where we do see Coady playing he's obviously not as good because he hasn't had the level of confidence in the system as Vestergaard. 

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ridiculous comment. Every manager wants his own squad to play the way he wants to play.

Would be total madness to not listen to your manager when signing players.

One of the reasons clubs pick managers by the way they play the game. Else you would need a total rebuild every time you changed manager. Point being Brendan ball played by Enzo. Same game but 5m% better.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

Hermansen was also apparently Enzo’s choice. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

I’m not sure we could ever have contemplated a permanent deal for Doyle this season. 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I’m not sure we could ever have contemplated a permanent deal for Doyle this season. 

if we want to sign Doyle on a permanent deal, think that will be more than likely completed over the summer, suspect talks will be ongoing through till the summer tho

hopefully we can get this done the next day or 2, debut in the fa cup 

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if we want to sign Doyle on a permanent deal, think that will be more than likely completed over the summer, suspect talks will be ongoing through till the summer tho

hopefully we can get this done the next day or 2, debut in the fa cup 

Yes I agree that’s a possibility with promotion but I don’t see how we could have considered a 10million fee with our FFP situation, this year. 
Perhaps just 30 minutes in the fa cup? I’m not sure he could play vs Birmingham and then Swansea on the following Tuesday!

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Ridiculous comment. Every manager wants his own squad to play the way he wants to play.

Would be total madness to not listen to your manager when signing players.

One of the reasons clubs pick managers by the way they play the game. Else you would need a total rebuild every time you changed manager. Point being Brendan ball played by Enzo. Same game but 5m% better.

Before we appointed Maresca last summer, some on here somehow convinced themselves that we were about to embark on a Red Bull-type model whereby Rudkin and the scouting team would have near-full control over transfers and the manager would just be expected to coach the squad he’s given. It was never going to happen and in the end we appointed a manager who demands a major say in transfers. If the club attempted to bypass Enzo on transfers he’d be off to another club at the first opportunity.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Didn’t we initially want him on a permanent deal? And Man City pulled it and opted for a loan. 

I think they’ve thought because it’s likely we’re going to get promoted, we might want to sign him the following summer, so will just slap an extra £20m onto his price tag. They will be doing stuff like this now they’re under the spotlight…..

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Didn’t we initially want him on a permanent deal? And Man City pulled it and opted for a loan. 

I think they’ve thought because it’s likely we’re going to get promoted, we might want to sign him the following summer, so will just slap an extra £20m onto his price tag. They will be doing stuff like this now they’re under the spotlight…..

Tbh though they have every right to do it because ultimately it's their player.

But yes we initially wanted a permanent but it was taking too long and so we just opted for a loan. 

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Before we appointed Maresca last summer, some on here somehow convinced themselves that we were about to embark on a Red Bull-type model whereby Rudkin and the scouting team would have near-full control over transfers and the manager would just be expected to coach the squad he’s given. It was never going to happen and in the end we appointed a manager who demands a major say in transfers. If the club attempted to bypass Enzo on transfers he’d be off to another club at the first opportunity.

I think that’s probably a result of being subjected to Brendan Rodgers completely ridiculous transfer history. 

• Like 2

Not sure what to make of this one. I was excited when we signed Harry Winks, I thought he'd be immense at this level. Don't feel quite so confident with this one, based on his injury record. Gives me slight Gokhan Inler vibes.

Hope I'm completely wrong and the guy is a boss at this level.

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not sure what to make of this one. I was excited when we signed Harry Winks, I thought he'd be immense at this level. Don't feel quite so confident with this one, based on his injury record. Gives me slight Gokhan Inler vibes.

Hope I'm completely wrong and the guy is a boss at this level.

Is it because Winks was English and so kinda has that built in reputation? 

Winks shares a similar injury record and is around the same age range as Sensi. 

43 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

Is it because Winks was English and so kinda has that built in reputation? 

Winks shares a similar injury record and is around the same age range as Sensi. 

It probably was because he's English, to be honest. Winks had endured a couple of injury hit years, but Sensi seems to have really struggled with fitness for long periods in his career.

That said, I think the gamble is one (just about) worth taking, he's clearly a talented player.

Edited by Tielemans63