Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Seeing people drawing parallels to the Winks signing.

Sensi had 30 appearances for Monza last season, which looks decent on paper, but digging a little deeper shows why some have concerns. He completed the full 90 minutes just 4 times and averaged just over 55 minutes for each appearance.

Contrast that with Winks' time at Sampdoria. 20 appearances, completing the full ninety 15 times, with an average of just under 86 minutes per appearance.

Winks proved his form and fitness last season. Sensi seems more of a gamble.

He'd lost his place in the last few months of the season at Monza too as I mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Seeing people drawing parallels to the Winks signing.

Sensi had 30 appearances for Monza last season, which looks decent on paper, but digging a little deeper shows why some have concerns. He completed the full 90 minutes just 4 times and averaged just over 55 minutes for each appearance.

Contrast that with Winks' time at Sampdoria. 20 appearances, completing the full ninety 15 times, with an average of just under 86 minutes per appearance.

Winks proved his form and fitness last season. Sensi seems more of a gamble.

To be fair, Maresca wants one of his 8's to play an hour every game and then bring a different option on. That tends to be Ndidi who is taken off after an hour. 

It's a big gamble this is, I hope there's a sensible shake hands clause in this deal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Where has the £2m come from ?

If it FFP is the issue rather then cash flow its only 500k a year on the books over the length his contract.

I don't think we have cash flow issues more FFP

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Harry Winks would have far worse numbers than that, and we know what a revelation he's been.

This guy is a fantastic player, no one is doubting that, not even Inter fans. It's all about his injury record and if he can withstand the physical nature of the English game. Honestly that terrifies me, but as a player, this is someone that could play in either KDH, Ndidi's or Winks' position and be top class at it. I find it interesting that it seems like Enzo wants to use him as an 8 (hence sending Casadei back), whereas Inter moved him to be more of a Harry Winks player to protect his body a bit more.

This is his write-up on Wikipedia, which I think is highly accurate:

Style of play

A former offensive or central midfielder, with noted vision, good technique, and an eye for goal, Sensi now usually functions in a defensive or creative midfield role for his team. He often acts as a deep-lying playmaker in front of the back-line, due to his ball control, range of distribution, and long passing ability with both feet in spite of being naturally right-footed, which allows him to create chances for teammates; he is also capable of playing in several other midfield and offensive positions, and has been deployed as a winger, as a mezzala, or as a supporting forward. Already regarded as one of the most promising young Italian footballers of his generation, Sensi has drawn the attention of larger clubs, and his playing style, mobility, small stature, and low centre of gravity have drawn comparisons with Marco Verratti, as well as Andrea Pirlo, although he has personally stated that his main influence is Spanish playmaker Xavi. Sensi has also been praised by Italy manager Roberto Mancini, who described him as: "...good, technically gifted, and fast", also noting that "...he has character." In spite of his slender build, which makes him ineffective at winning more physical challenges for the ball, he is also effective defensively due to his tactical intelligence and interpretation of space.[2][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49] Despite his ability, however, he has often struggled with injuries throughout his career.[50]

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s signing him for competition for the no.8 role in the championship, but if we get promoted he’ll provide competition to Winks in that Cdm role and we will sign someone else for the no.8 role. 

Good signing in terms of versatility and ability, like others have stated the only thing that concerns me is his availability. Replacing Casadei who’s been reliable from an injury perspective with someone who’s injury prone is concerning.

Overall, at the price being paid it’s a low risk signing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s signing him for competition for the no.8 role in the championship, but if we get promoted he’ll provide competition to Winks in that Cdm role and we will sign someone else for the no.8 role. 

Good signing in terms of versatility and ability, like others have stated the only thing that concerns me is his availability. Replacing Casadei who’s been reliable from an injury perspective with someone who’s injury prone is concerning.

Overall, at the price being paid it’s a low risk signing.

Other than his reported wages.

11 minutes ago, TheTerminator said:

Hi guys, an Inter fan here. When he joined inter 5 years ago he was brilliant, played some fantastic football for 3-4 months, he genuinely looked like the new iniesta.

then injuries happened and it feels like his career stopped right there. He's been constantly injured since then, last year he was finally able to play a full season without any major injury but looked very inconsistent and kinda scared out there. Honestly i can't picture him playing english football, the feeling is that he's going to get knocked out after the first hard tackle. Tecnique is there for sure, but physically idk if is going to hold on

This is the absolute issue his fitness. 

• Like 1

His injury record is no worse than Ricardo's and Enzo has managed him well- Championship is far less intense, particularly in our system.

A few months here, being rotated, might be just what he needs to get his career back on track.

Good move for all parties as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Seems a weird signing, regardless of his ability, the guy averages about 10-15 games a season for the last 9 years.

Based on that I Imagine he becomes another player we can't rely on and we're unable to shift who ends up on loan back to Italy while we pay most of his wages.

So far the the one signing you can attribute to Enzo wanting is Cesare Casadei, now being linked with this guy. Seems we haven't learned from letting the manager make questionable transfer decisions.

played about 30 times last season, isn’t that a better judge of how fit/ ready he is than what he did 8-9 years ago?

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s been varried talk on who we think are “Enzo” signings.

It’s left me wondering, which signings would we attribute to Glover? 

They cooperate on signings but Casadei and Sensi are probably players who Enzo picked out and Glover gave the green light to and players like Mavididi, Yunus, Fatawu, Winks and Coady are probably players who Glover picked out and Enzo gave the green light for. Winks might have been a player maresca requested himself.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s been varried talk on who we think are “Enzo” signings.

It’s left me wondering, which signings would we attribute to Glover? 

Hermansen, Akgun, Fatawu, Winks, Mavididi, Coady, Doyle, Sensi (hopefully) Kristensen, Souttar? 

The problem that we have, is that we still have our chasing europe mindset. We are sat in the championship, if sensi had proved his fitness somewhere already, he wouldn’t be joining us. He’d be getting a move to a club like Brighton. 

There are risks involved but at the price, if he turns a corner in the way the Ricardo has…. well we will be laughing all the way to the title