Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

On 13/01/2024 at 21:52, orangecity23 said:

The biggest clubs also have a massive advantage in terms of commercial revenue as well. Look at Man Utd, achieved nothing for over a decade now, play shit football, appalling transfer record, win no trophies. What do Adidas do?

Give them almost a BILLION pounds over a decade.

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/manchester-united-renews-adidas-partnership-another-10-years-2023-07-31/

Where is a club like us getting that kind of cash? The more FFP takes hold, the more it might as well not be a competition for playing football, and they just rename the Prem to the "FA Trophy for the club with the most glory hunting twat fans who get the most about of slurping on Sky Sports Award for excellence in covering their ground with sponsors".

You can bet if we got such a sponsor manchester united would be reporting us as a "unrealistic deal to be investigated".

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 23:13, Foxysausages said:

Loads of people were passing judgement on Winks because of his injury record and look at how influential he is. 

We shouldn't pass judgement anyway because 1. He isn't our player yet 2. He'll have to adapt to an entirely new league and system 3. He's a very accomplished mezzala and is technically better than Ndidi in that role and far more versatile, if he was to sign

Indeed, Huth also, We sign Coady who never been injured before and what happens ....

Is a fresh start for the player, dont assume the worst I say. :)

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I am maybe the odd one out, but the way I see it is if we wait until the summer, then we likely competing against more clubs as surely there is other clubs who want him but are waiting until the summer, the 3 million is basically a secure him fee ahead of the mob.  There is also value to getting him bedded into the team prior to next season.

We are in dire need of extra bodies in midfield currently. 

Just now, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Does anyone know if we can sign him now that Casadei has left or do we still have to SELL first?

Never truly bought the sell first argument. Always felt it was more us positioning ourselves to spend more in the summer and hold off this Jan if possible.

Casadei being called back means a centre midfielder is now a necessity 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Does anyone know if we can sign him now that Casadei has left or do we still have to SELL first?

Either way, we need 1, possibly 2 central midfielders now. If the Sensi deal is difficult to do without selling someone then go and loan 2 midfielders in.

Andrey Santos or Mahmoud Dahoud please, neither are getting a sniff.

11 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Exactly but you know how this place gets 🙄

It’s more a case of having a player on your books until 2027 eating up a bit of your wage bill…when the data suggests you probably shouldn’t sign him in the first place.

Just playing devil’s advocate - I am in favour of the signing as risks like this can sometimes pay off!

Fully understand people being dead against it though.

18 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given the size and stature of our club, these are the kind of signings that we need to make, he is a excellent player with a flawed injury record, the reality is if his fitness record as better we wouldn’t get a sniff, we have to be creative and this type of deal is what we need to try and do to get back and be semi competitive in the premier league. 

Our history has been littered with these types of signings some have worked and some haven’t but given the decent recruitment in the summer then I am more on the positive side of this deal then against it. 

Well as long as he stays fit then you are right.

However if he is injured for roughly 80% of his contract we have offered him then it's the type of deals that cost clubs to not buy any players due to FFp etc.

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

It’s more a case of having a player on your books until 2027 eating up a bit of your wage bill…when the data suggests you probably shouldn’t sign him in the first place.

Just playing devil’s advocate - I am in favour of the signing as risks like this can sometimes pay off!

Fully understand people being dead against it though.

It's chump change though really in the grand scheme of modern football, even with FFP.  Particularly given some of the wages we've handed out to some players who really never warranted it on ability. 

We're taking a calculated risk, going into the deal with the full knowledge of his injury record.  If it doesn't work out I won't be overly bothered.  Just don't think it warrants much angst.  

If he does stay fit, well it's an absolute steal and that's a huge upside.

I look forward to him stubbing his toe in the first game and never being seen again of course 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fabrizio Romano seems to think Sensi will sign now that Casadei’s gone. We don’t need to sell anybody.

Fabrizio is just quoting other journalists. He's only ITK about a day before the deal goes through. Nobody at a newspaper, a media group or a podcast studio has any idea what our finances are and if we can afford even the 2m fee. If Enzo was that desperate for him the deal would have gone through within hours of Casadei leaving and here we are 3 days on with no new info which suggests money is the hold up given we have a spare squad place.

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Fabrizio is just quoting other journalists. He's only ITK about a day before the deal goes through. Nobody at a newspaper, a media group or a podcast studio has any idea what our finances are and if we can afford even the 2m fee. If Enzo was that desperate for him the deal would have gone through within hours of Casadei leaving and here we are 3 days on with no new info which suggests money is the hold up given we have a spare squad place.

Actually we've been told it happens early next week when Inter return from some competition or other, I can't remember which, someone posted a journo earlier in the thread but I've slept since then so the details escape me.  

I do find it hard to believe clubs can only manage one thing at a time, but maybe it's just lowish priority for Inter, if they know everything is agreed in principle.  

Edited by Bordersfox

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Or could the hold-up possibly be that Sensi has been with Inter in Saudi for the Italian Super Cup, which ends tomorrow? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

With sensi returning from Saudi tomorrow, will likely need a day or two to get things in order in Italy before he heads over to us. I think we see this announced Friday. First appearance is Swansea the following Wednesday. 

No rush. Take ya time 👀

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

With sensi returning from Saudi tomorrow, will likely need a day or two to get things in order in Italy before he heads over to us. I think we see this announced Friday. First appearance is Swansea the following Wednesday. 

Shame. He'll miss the game by 24hrs.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

With sensi returning from Saudi tomorrow, will likely need a day or two to get things in order in Italy before he heads over to us. I think we see this announced Friday. First appearance is Swansea the following Tuesday. 

Swansea Hospital A&E more likely.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Swansea Hospital A&E more likely.

People on here going way overboard on his injury record. I was far more worried about Ricardo & Justin heading into this season than I am about Sensi coming in now. 

• Like 3