Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

People on here going way overboard on his injury record. I was far more worried about Ricardo & Justin heading into this season than I am about Sensi coming in now. 

99 games missed due to injury in the last 8 seasons is fairly substantial to be fair. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

99 games missed due to injury in the last 8 seasons is fairly substantial to be fair. 

Agree, but without his injury record there is no way  he'd come to Leicester. It's a bit of a gamble, but we either buy quality that has some baggage or risk someone on loan who may or may not be successful. With Sensi, at least he has quality which, like Winks, should prosper at this level without too much integration into a new squad, hopefully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Agree, but without his injury record there is no way  he'd come to Leicester. It's a bit of a gamble, but we either buy quality that has some baggage or risk someone on loan who may or may not be successful. With Sensi, at least he has quality which, like Winks, should prosper at this level without too much integration into a new squad, hopefully.

Oh, I 100% agree. I'm not knocking the potential of the signing. I'm just stating that his injury record is and should be a valid concern. 

You don't give out 2.5yr contracts to players of this quality, don't care what his injury record is like (which seemingly hasn't even been a problem the last 18 months). We get him on a deal til 2026, we get one good full season out of him and assuming he does well, we're then looking to flog him already otherwise we're at risk of him running his contract down. I understand the concern but it's risk vs reward.

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Oh, I 100% agree. I'm not knocking the potential of the signing. I'm just stating that his injury record is and should be a valid concern. 

but the fact he also played 30 games for Monza last season should also be considered..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

You don't give out 2.5yr contracts to players of this quality, don't care what his injury record is like (which seemingly hasn't even been a problem the last 18 months). We get him on a deal til 2026, we get one good full season out of him and assuming he does well, we're then looking to flog him already otherwise we're at risk of him running his contract down. I understand the concern but it's risk vs reward.

But if the transfer only costs £2m then running his contract down is not such a financial risk.

31 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

His 28, he will be 31 at the end of his contract.

We simple don't need to give him more than what we have planned.

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

Fabrizio is just quoting other journalists. He's only ITK about a day before the deal goes through. Nobody at a newspaper, a media group or a podcast studio has any idea what our finances are and if we can afford even the 2m fee. If Enzo was that desperate for him the deal would have gone through within hours of Casadei leaving and here we are 3 days on with no new info which suggests money is the hold up given we have a spare squad place.

That's incredibly naive - we've seen that deals take time and even when seen to be nailed on as done can take many days to complete.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

but the fact he also played 30 games for Monza last season should also be considered..

Absolutely. I said earlier in the thread, the last two seasons he's only missed 7 games per season, which is decent. 

Hopefully the worst is behind him but it IS something that should be considered still. 

31 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Absolutely. I said earlier in the thread, the last two seasons he's only missed 7 games per season, which is decent. 

Hopefully the worst is behind him but it IS something that should be considered still. 

That’s a better record than Ndidi!

and I’m sure they’ve considered it. He’s probably been seen by Drs we’ve paid for.

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

But if the transfer only costs £2m then running his contract down is not such a financial risk.

You’ve got to look at the flip side as well, if he stays fit and performs really well, you end up losing him. 

The feeling of cambiasso not coming back still haunts me, even if it worked out perfectly in the end. I’m sure Brentford look back and kick themselves for not giving erickson a bigger deal. 

If we’ve adequately scouted him and enzo really wants him, then you have to trust that. 

• Like 3

Hmmmmmm reading Percy's article this morning, I don't see this happening without us selling someone. Casadei going back doesn't seem to have helped, only made it worse that we are another player down and scuppered financially.

The rumblings of our financial problems is starting to feel somewhat familiar, hope this isn't the sign of major problems come the summer. Imperative we get promoted, even if just to get the increased revenue to try and clear the decks and rebuild at a much smaller level. 

Future looks bleak.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmmm reading Percy's article this morning, I don't see this happening without us selling someone. Casadei going back doesn't seem to have helped, only made it worse that we are another player down and scuppered financially.

The rumblings of our financial problems is starting to feel somewhat familiar, hope this isn't the sign of major problems come the summer. Imperative we get promoted, even if just to get the increased revenue to try and clear the decks and rebuild at a much smaller level. 

Future looks bleak.

You're reading way too much into it - don't know how you got all these conclusions from what is a fairly dull, run of the mill article. 

He'd have written this largely before the Casadei decision, so let's see. 

Obviously, would like our financial position to be stronger but it's fairly quiet window generally. 

Posters can judge for themselves here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/22/enzo-maresca-methods-leicester-premier-league-return/

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Future looks bleak.

It is a little strange.

We spent nearly £50m in the Summer, yet now we seem to be stumbling over £1.5m.

If we had financial problems, surely we should have been more cautious with the Summer spend...

Or is it more of a wages issue and we need to move a reasonable earner on before we can get Sensi in? I guess he won't be coming down to the Championship to earn the same money he's on now...

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah the day Kasper left and lineker said that we're back to the same old Leicester seems to be the realisation by the club that something has gone wrong with our financial management.

We dared to compete nothing more nothing less, we could have stayed like a Palace :dunno:

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

You're reading way too much into it - don't know how you got all these conclusions from what is a fairly dull, run of the mill article. 

He'd have written this largely before the Casadei decision, so let's see. 

Obviously, would like our financial position to be stronger but it's fairly quiet window generally. 

Posters can judge for themselves here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/22/enzo-maresca-methods-leicester-premier-league-return/

I wish you were correct.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Future looks bleak.

This doesn’t add up to me. If what you say is true, then, why did we spend the money on players in the summer?