Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not convinced the scouting is very good. I don't see any tangible changes yet but then again the ordinary fan wouldn't see that in the short term.

We still don't seem to actively scout South America or South East Asia where both value for money and strong successes have been found by our fellow peers. 

I’m not sure I get why not tapping certain markets rules out their success. 

I don’t care if they come from argentina, denmark or aldershot they just need to be good enough and the players we’ve bought in have been. 

I was initially worried when we targeted unwanted prem players but then we balanced it with a winger from france, a keeper from the danish leagues, a proven striker in the league of a key age and  a wonder kid winger from portugal needing a new test.

I still think casadei was the right signing and would have come good and yunus has the talent, just needs some time. 

They’ve done brilliantly because the odds of scouting is usually 1 decent player to 2 duds and it’s hard to call any of them a dud. Coady has been the disappointment and that’s more because he’s been kept out by others as opposed to being the wrong signing 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I’m not sure I get why not tapping certain markets rules out their success. 

I don’t care if they come from argentina, denmark or aldershot they just need to be good enough and the players we’ve bought in have been. 

I was initially worried when we targeted unwanted prem players but then we balanced it with a winger from france, a keeper from the danish leagues, a proven striker in the league of a key age and  a wonder kid winger from portugal needing a new test.

They’ve done brilliantly because the odds of scouting is usually 1 decent player to 2 duds and it’s hard to call any of them a dud. Coady has been the disappointment and that’s more because he’s been kept out by others as opposed to being the wrong signing 

I'm still reserving judgement on the success of the signings, things change fast when you go back up and it's a whole different ball game.

For the money and resources we've had last summer, signing players to prosper at this level should not have been difficult and overall it hasn't been.

Hermansen - class

Doyle - half decent

Coady - jury very much out

Winks - class

Mavididi - very good

Casadei - average

Akgün - average

Fatawu - very good

Cannon - very promising

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm still reserving judgement on the success of the signings, things change fast when you go back up and it's a whole different ball game.

For the money and resources we've had last summer, signing players to prosper at this level should not have been difficult and overall it hasn't been.

Hermansen - class

Doyle - half decent

Winks - class

Mavididi - very good

Casadei - average

Akgün - average

Fatawu - very good

Cannon - very promising

Akgun and casedei I think we're more enzo targets rather than our scouting. Didn't akgun come through his mate montella

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Fatawu stops getting picked in the final stretch of the season then we know we're fcuked.

If it is the rumoured amount of appearances required to make it permanent then he is only a few away already

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen - class

Doyle - half decent

Winks - class

Mavididi - very good

Casadei - average

Akgün - average

Fatawu - very good

Cannon - very promising

I agree with the assessments but perhaps you’re being a little unfair. The assignment was to sign players good enough to win the championship, which they are. You never know how things are going to turn out and with leeds and southampton also having big budgets we can’t dismiss that the most important job was getting players for now. 

I think largely they’ve hit the mark and half of them seem like players we would have been happy with even if we were still in the top flight.  I think they’ve taken a forward thinking approach and you can argue they are looking at south america,  because we did want Barco, if he ended up at man city. 

The gamble on south american talent might be too much for a club with tied up finances. Those clubs aren’t going to loan you a player. Personally I think it’s smarter to get someone a little more proven like mavididi over a gamble that might have to seem half a season to get up to speed…save the gambles for players on loan 

Edited by Lambert09

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The gamble on south american talent might be too much for a club with tied up finances. Those clubs aren’t going to loan you a player. Personally I think it’s smarter to get someone a little more proven like mavididi over a gamble that might have to seem half a season to get up to speed…save the gambles for players on loan 

Brighton have just spent £10m on Barco - seems a pretty reasonable gamble to me and a far cheaper one than £17m on Kristiansen....

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Thought we were looking up as a club, reading this thread my positive view has now completely gone 

Yeah, what an utterly depressing thread. And I thought the match threads were something else as well!

I don't think things are as bad as suggested, but things do seem off from the comms between the financial and footballing operations. 

So we're still signing Sensi?

Right?

Edited by lcfc_forever

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Brighton have just spent £10m on Barco - seems a pretty reasonable gamble to me and a far cheaper one than £17m on Kristiansen....

Rudkin didn't buy South America as part of his scouting budget on FM. 

So he doesn't know any player from that region 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not convinced the scouting is very good. I don't see any tangible changes yet but then again the ordinary fan wouldn't see that in the short term.

We still don't seem to actively scout South America or South East Asia where both value for money and strong successes have been found by our fellow peers. 

A lot of this summer was Enzo's contact book and pulling on some agents he knows well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Rudkin didn't buy South America as part of his scouting budget on FM. 

So he doesn't know any player from that region 

We have been linked with more South American players recently (e.g. Beraldo) - could be media BS or we're looking at the market more now. 

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

We have been linked with more South American players recently (e.g. Beraldo) - could be media BS or we're looking at the market more now. 

Nothing more than a hunch but those players are more likely to be identified due to agents etc rather than actual hard scouting, other than cursory looks at Under 20 tournaments etc. 

São Paulo needed some dosh quick and have guess what.....Beraldo's agency is headed up by someone with Italian links. 

That's gut rather than anything I actually know mine. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Guest binic16

Perhaps all the so called lesser clubs should all come to a agreement to overspend then we will all be deducted 10 points and we can slug it out together.

30 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Interesting it''s 1.5 or 2.5 years for his contract rather than the 3.5 years being speculated - 1.5 or 2.5 years makes far more sense given his age and injury record. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Beraldo went to PSG, that’s like when a scout at Sunderland had Zlatan on his list of targets when they were in League One. :P

It doesn’t appear that we’ve made progress expanding our scouting to South America. 

15 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Beraldo went to PSG, that’s like when a scout at Sunderland had Zlatan on his list of targets when they were in League One. :P

It doesn’t appear that we’ve made progress expanding our scouting to South America. 

LOL, there have been a few other links but yeah, looks ridiculous that we were genuinely for him given he ended up at PSG!

• Like 1