Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Tell you what the Italians/Saudis milk this super cup don't they lol 

Basically the equivalent of us making 1st and 2nd in the league and the FA Cup and Carabao winners play a mini tournament in Saudi mid jan! 

Could call it the Community Sword.... 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Do we think Riccy P will revert to a more traditional full back role if / when we sign Sensi? With Sensi, KDH and Winks being the 3?

I reckon so, then KDH/Ndidi/Sensi can rotate I would have thought, and Sensi covers Winks.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmmm reading Percy's article this morning, I don't see this happening without us selling someone. Casadei going back doesn't seem to have helped, only made it worse that we are another player down and scuppered financially.

The rumblings of our financial problems is starting to feel somewhat familiar, hope this isn't the sign of major problems come the summer. Imperative we get promoted, even if just to get the increased revenue to try and clear the decks and rebuild at a much smaller level. 

Future looks bleak.

To be fair, given how much we've spent so far, it wouldn't surprise me if we've maxed out the budget for this year, rather than a long term problem.

At the same time, if they do have some cash, they're not going to be shouting about it.   Who knows, we'll certainly learn what the status is over the next week or so.

13 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

It is a little strange.

We spent nearly £50m in the Summer, yet now we seem to be stumbling over £1.5m.

If we had financial problems, surely we should have been more cautious with the Summer spend...

Or is it more of a wages issue and we need to move a reasonable earner on before we can get Sensi in? I guess he won't be coming down to the Championship to earn the same money he's on now...

I think your 2nd point negates your first.

The money isn't endless, 50M is a lot for this division - it seems far from strange that we've spent the budget and now we need to se1l if we want to buy.

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Article here:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/22/enzo-maresca-methods-leicester-premier-league-return/

Maresca is hopeful of making at least one signing before the transfer window closes, but Leicester are restricted on spending by the Profitability & Sustainability rules.

Leicester must offload players before making any additions, with the futures of internationals Harry Souttar and Dennis Praet uncertain ahead of the deadline.

Maresca is targeting Inter Milan’s midfielder Stefano Sensi and talks are understood to be ongoing.

IMO this seems like a case of us having money but not being able to spend it. Look at the transfer window in both divisions, the lack of spending is remarkable, given Chelsea this time last season were spending like money was going out of fashion. However, as per your point, you could be right in that we get promoted but are still somewhat hamstrung by the rules. I wouldn't expect a Forest style mad shopping spree, put it that way.

At the same time, so many players will have moved on at the end of this season that surely we have some wiggle room. But I reckon we will see one or two players on loan here for a season for many years to come...

BUt if we get promoted we'll have a massive income boost - i think they'll know to not go over the limit, but it should be enough, especially with the losses of a few years back dropping off the accounts.

Just feels like we are losing momentum and our swagger a little bit. I think two decent signings would provide a much needed boost to our squad. 

Get this one done and then one more, another CM, with a real physical presence and decent in the air for defence and attack. 

We can't afford to not have cover for Ndidi. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Just feels like we are losing momentum and our swagger a little bit. I think two decent signings would provide a much needed boost to our squad. 

Get this one done and then one more, another CM, with a real physical presence and decent in the air for defence and attack. 

We can't afford to not have cover for Ndidi. 

Wilf will allegedly be  back much earlier so, get Sensi in, Daka back from Afcon, Abdul back after suspension and we can fly again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Could and should have been preventable last night.

Despite our central midfield issues, protecting the defence should be something we can deal with. We have Winks, Ricardo and Hamza who at this level can do this consistently. 

Hamza was having a very good game last night but why didn't we bring Doyle on and get Hamza in with Winks to provide the solidity in the final 10-15 mins?

All we did was take off our two pressing outlets in KDH and Cannon and brought on Vardy who's not able to apply such intensity any longer, even in short bursts and Akgün.

Seemingly Winks and Ricardo did not prosper well in the closing stages.

Fully agree on Hamza. The logical move was to bring Doyle on and push Hamza forward. I’m not sure why Cannon was dragged either, as he was dangerous and offered some form of a goal threat. Vardy offers little anymore but we all hit that age where we’re declining! 

Hamza played well in that role interchanging with Faes to deal with Burns. We just lost a little bit of bite once they made changes. 

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Tell you what the Italians/Saudis milk this super cup don't they lol 

Basically the equivalent of us making 1st and 2nd in the league and the FA Cup and Carabao winners play a mini tournament in Saudi mid jan! 

Could call it the Community Sword.... 

just you wait, we’ll start playing official games in the US, soon.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Despite our central midfield issues, protecting the defence should be something we can deal with. We have Winks, Ricardo and Hamza who at this level can do this consistently. 

Hamza was having a very good game last night but why didn't we bring Doyle on and get Hamza in with Winks to provide the solidity in the final 10-15 mins?

All we did was take off our two pressing outlets in KDH and Cannon and brought on Vardy who's not able to apply such intensity any longer, even in short bursts and Akgün.

Exactly, Doyle or Coady (or both) and take the pragmatic approach when the team is tiring. But Maresca will not tinker with the defensive formation it seems.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yep, have to agree it's the first time I grumbled about our tactics after the game. 

I thought Doyle on, Hamza into midfield but with Ricardo as I thought Winks looked knackered for the last fifteen or twenty. 

Winks has played so much football in such a key position I wonder if there's a cumulative affect in terms of mental weariness as much as anything. 

I do think, FFP notwithstanding, we really could do with a couple of flexible options that Maresca is happy to bring off the bench.  Sensi being one of them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Fully agree on Hamza. The logical move was to bring Doyle on and push Hamza forward. I’m not sure why Cannon was dragged either, as he was dangerous and offered some form of a goal threat. Vardy offers little anymore but we all hit that age where we’re declining! 

Hamza played well in that role interchanging with Faes to deal with Burns. We just lost a little bit of bite once they made changes. 

On the flip side, if you cannot entrust Vardy to do a job for 10-15 minutes, then what's the point of having him around? I know he's nosedived but surely he's not THAT useless.

I do agree that Hamza needed moving up and the central defense needing some strengthening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite right, all the play when they made their subs were direct balls through the huge gaps in the central midfield for their pacey forwards to run on to. Two sitting midfielders in Hamza and Winks with Ricky or Doyle coming on to play in left back would have resolved that danger.

Frustrating, but not the end of the world in terms of the end goal for the season.

Desperately need a couple of quality additions to either start games or bring on after 60 mins to turn our dominance into 3 points.

Against other opposition I think Enzo would have made the change of moving Hamza inside and bringing on Doyle, but Hamza had done a decent job on Burns whose pace is a real threat. 

I think we are lacking some creativity in midfield, in the first half KDH got in some great positions but the quality of his final pass was off and several times when in fantastic positions to create a chance at goal, the final ball was lacking precision and quality. 

KDH and Wilf have been superb in the 8’s this season, but they are not naturally creative or capable of making and delivering risky passes consistently, if we can add Sensi we suddenly step up another level, as he has the ability to manipulate these good positions, that could be the difference in the run in as it will suddenly increase the number of goal scoring opportunities we create. Too many times it breaks down when in a great position because the skill set isn’t quite at the level to capitalise. 

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I think your 2nd point negates your first.

The money isn't endless, 50M is a lot for this division - it seems far from strange that we've spent the budget and now we need to se1l if we want to buy.

Of course it isn't endless.

I was more just suggesting that we should have been a bit more cautious in the Summer if we are this close to the breadline, as it were.

I'm not really criticising - If we've done it within the rules, then fair play to the club for really going for it this year.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's becoming increasingly clear Enzo only trusts about 15-16 players in this squad. It's like de ja vu. 

Early on in the season it seemed like he was willing to use his whole squad and was happy to replace players even when they'd played well. It felt like a major departure from Rodgers. Now it seems he was just trying to figure out his preferred core group and, having done that, he's making far fewer changes. I like Maresca and I still think we'll win this division, but his conservatism and unwillingness to freshen things up when we clearly need it is starting to remind me of Southgate's management of England, which is something I wouldn't have expected to write a few months ago.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's becoming increasingly clear Enzo only trusts about 15-16 players in this squad. It's like de ja vu. 

It seems that way. Opting to play Hamza in the role he did last night now poses questions over Doyle too………

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably explains something about the quality/commitment of the fringe players

Must be something in it given it's happening again after Rodgers