Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It seems that way. Opting to play Hamza in the role he did last night now poses questions over Doyle too………

I don’t think it does as Hamza was just playing the Ricardo role just from left back

Personally I don’t think Doyle would’ve been ready for starting against Ipswich either

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's becoming increasingly clear Enzo only trusts about 15-16 players in this squad. It's like de ja vu. 

We need to get rid of the other 8 or 9 if that’s the case though. 

48 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Maybe I’m being hypersensitive but this thread makes no sense . Pages and pages which are not nonsensical but make no mention of Stefano 

It’s because 50 pages are required before he signs. 

You know standard Foxestalk / Leicester City signing rules.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This guy (whose credentials I cannot vouch for) reckons that Sensi has been 'promised' to us but that they might keep him for another week because they're short of midfielders for their game against Fiorentina this weekend:

https://x.com/GianmarcoDaria/status/1749749675580588114?s=20

He's a communication  Science student

He studies telephones at Uni?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's only a week left to get this done anyway, so I don't see what them keeping him that extra week does. 

I think we'll end up with a different player joining on deadline day.

FFS I've invested a lot of time in this thread. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This guy (whose credentials I cannot vouch for) reckons that Sensi has been 'promised' to us but that they might keep him for another week because they're short of midfielders for their game against Fiorentina this weekend:

https://x.com/GianmarcoDaria/status/1749749675580588114?s=20

I don't see much sense (no pun intended) in that, considering they want a fee for a player that's out of contract in the summer, with a not-great injury record and they want to take the risk to get another game out of him!

It would be like us getting someone to sign Praet and pay £2m for him on a permanent deal and us saying we want to keep him for the Swansea game because we're short in midfield at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think a lot of managers are like this. In Enzo's case I do see some argument in that the style of play he wants to implement is so technical that some players won't be a great fit. You have to be adept on the ball and able to play your way out of tight spaces.

At the same time, I think he has been won over by certain players over time. Daka forced his away into the team, JJ started off as second choice, Hamza was trusted against Ipswich, and McAteer has been given plenty of minutes. So I feel like he is not so stubborn that he won't ever change his mind, but that it takes a lot to win him over. I'm not sure that was ever the case with Rodgers, not even when Kelechi saved our season one year and then got benched the next.

Regarding Sensi, something that I was only made aware of yesterday was that he played under Di Zerbi and first broke into the Italian team under him. Supposedly he told Maresca personally to sign him because he would be perfect for the way we would want to play. I can't say much about the second of those claims, but I found this article:

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Monza-midfielder-Sensi-De-Zerbi-and-Conte-so-important-for-me/2992593

Sensi worked with De Zerbi at Sassuolo.

He told Il Corriere della Sera: "He's the manager I'm closest to for the freedom and availability he granted me: his way of playing was perfect for my characteristics.

There's also this article:
https://onefootball.com/en/news/sassuolo-coach-roberto-de-zerbi-inter-midfielder-stefano-sensi-reminds-me-of-barcelona-legend-andres-iniesta-32671019

“Stefano is absolutely a player that I love and I will go even further than that. When I first saw him I thought he could control a game like Xavi, but instead he reminds me of Andres Iniesta, and there is some comparison in them,” De Zerbi claimed.

“In my first year at Sassuolo I used Kevin-Prince Boateng as a striker, someone who didn’t push forward but came deep to collect the ball, with Sensi to create in midfield. He had the characteristics to play that role.

“In the last two years he has suffered a lot of injuries, but he has the quality and personality to succeed. The boy is very serious and has no limits, injuries permitting of course.”

Same as Montella telling Enzo to sign Akgün

• Like 2

2 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

I don't see much sense (no pun intended) in that, considering they want a fee for a player that's out of contract in the summer, with a not-great injury record and they want to take the risk to get another game out of him!

It would be like us getting someone to sign Praet and pay £2m for him on a permanent deal and us saying we want to keep him for the Swansea game because we're short in midfield at the moment.

Also a player who has all but agreed a transfer will not be giving his all knowing he's off after that game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's becoming increasingly clear Enzo only trusts about 15-16 players in this squad. It's like de ja vu. 

I think the last part is a little unfair.

Rodgers had been here several years and had had plenty of time to have an input in to the personnel in his squad.

Maresca has only just arrived and has inherited a squad in transition. He's obviously going to have guys he doesn't particularly think he can use or see much value in. I think that's fairly normal when a new manager comes in, especially one with such a prominent and distinct style.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think the last part is a little unfair.

Rodgers had been here several years and had had plenty of time to have an input in to the personnel in his squad.

Maresca has only just arrived and has inherited a squad in transition. He's obviously going to have guys he doesn't particularly think he can use or see much value in. I think that's fairly normal when a new manager comes in, especially one with such a prominent and distinct style.

It probably is harsh, but Maresca was willing and was successful in using the squad at the start of the season. We regularly made 3-4 subs a game, often early in games where we'd been wearing teams down and then we weren't afraid to take big players off like Ndidi, Mavididi and KDH and bring on squad players to get us the win.

We now don't seem to dare risk it and yet we are the ones more vulnerable in the closing stages in games than our opposition.

• Like 2