Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

With Daka and Nacho at AFCON, Wilf injured and God who knows on the exit chute, just not sure we have the same flexibility for subs as we did at the start of the season.

Correct, our bench looks pretty uninspiring. 

Early subs = fresh impetus, game changers, adding strength, impact.

Hence we have been making late subs

Late subs = fresh legs, injury prevention, defence

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think a lot of managers are like this. In Enzo's case I do see some argument in that the style of play he wants to implement is so technical that some players won't be a great fit. You have to be adept on the ball and able to play your way out of tight spaces.

At the same time, I think he has been won over by certain players over time. Daka forced his away into the team, JJ started off as second choice, Hamza was trusted against Ipswich, and McAteer has been given plenty of minutes. So I feel like he is not so stubborn that he won't ever change his mind, but that it takes a lot to win him over. I'm not sure that was ever the case with Rodgers, not even when Kelechi saved our season one year and then got benched the next.

Regarding Sensi, something that I was only made aware of yesterday was that he played under Di Zerbi and first broke into the Italian team under him. Supposedly he told Maresca personally to sign him because he would be perfect for the way we would want to play. I can't say much about the second of those claims, but I found this article:

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Monza-midfielder-Sensi-De-Zerbi-and-Conte-so-important-for-me/2992593

Sensi worked with De Zerbi at Sassuolo.

He told Il Corriere della Sera: "He's the manager I'm closest to for the freedom and availability he granted me: his way of playing was perfect for my characteristics.

There's also this article:
https://onefootball.com/en/news/sassuolo-coach-roberto-de-zerbi-inter-midfielder-stefano-sensi-reminds-me-of-barcelona-legend-andres-iniesta-32671019

“Stefano is absolutely a player that I love and I will go even further than that. When I first saw him I thought he could control a game like Xavi, but instead he reminds me of Andres Iniesta, and there is some comparison in them,” De Zerbi claimed.

“In my first year at Sassuolo I used Kevin-Prince Boateng as a striker, someone who didn’t push forward but came deep to collect the ball, with Sensi to create in midfield. He had the characteristics to play that role.

“In the last two years he has suffered a lot of injuries, but he has the quality and personality to succeed. The boy is very serious and has no limits, injuries permitting of course.”

I think there's a real argument to be made about appointing a manager as dogmatic as Enzo if we're not going to be able to supply him all of the tools. If we know due to FFP and PSR that we're not going to be able to shift our deadwood then we're making a rod for our own backs appointing a manager who wants a big overhaul.

I think our quality level will get us through this season but there are still a fair few red flags for me and this things could well bite us going forward. Can we really afford to just totally discard somebody like Souttar for example, given we're basically stuck with him?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think there's a real argument to be made about appointing a manager as dogmatic as Enzo if we're not going to be able to supply him all of the tools. If we know due to FFP and PSR that we're not going to be able to shift our deadwood then we're making a rod for our own backs appointing a manager who wants a big overhaul.

I think our quality level will get us through this season but there are still a fair few red flags for me and this things could well bite us going forward. Can we really afford to just totally discard somebody like Souttar for example, given we're basically stuck with him?

That’s where the DOF needs more backbone. Strangely though it feels like our club want the manager to be more old school with Rudkin being more of a general manager than DOF.

Personally I’ve seen enough that I’d be prepared to back Enzo for a 4 year stint, even if it ended in PL relegation. I think for a club like is we need a longer term outlook and the conviction to back our man. I concede that it could all go wrong though!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The thing is that as per Dan's point, if you get rid of the manager then you end up with a load of players that might not entirely suit the next one that comes in if you are too manager led.

I don't think we are as bad as Man United in this aspect. Since Puel, there's been a focus on more of a possession based style and technical players. That's why Rodgers got the team working so quickly and why despite lots of departures,  Enzo got a tune out of our team much faster than say Martin at Southampton. But it is still nowhere near the Brighton style way of doing things, who probably already know who their next manager and DOF is if those two positions lose their current incumbents and why their recruitment is so good. They haven't been as good this season as last, but Pedro, Baleba, Berbuggen and now Barco seem smart to me. Dahoud probably their biggest bust and he was linked with us!

That said, I think there has been a balance for us so far. I feel like Mavididi, Hermansen and Cannon were suggested by the club rather than Enzo. So to be fair, it feels like Glover and Enzo are working decently together thus far.

Who knows, maybe Sensi even was highlighted by the club and Enzo wanted him as soon as he was mentioned. We were also linked with a few other 8's so it's not entirely unbelievable something like this happened. Inter told Sensi he could go, which is why he's available now.

I think we're more Man Utd than Man City though. Brighton sadly are doing everything we should be doing better than we could do it because they have the brains of the operation at the very top. 

One of Rodgers' biggest failings, probably his biggest actually, was his inability to recruit players suited to how he wanted to play. This meant he created a churn of deadwood.

If these rules about FFP/PSR are how they're being explained on here then we've been way too generous with our resources frankly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Indeed, I said the same earlier in the season, if you employ a manager like Enzo you "have" to give him the tools to do the job.  I do feel the purse string holders think our squad is better than what it is, the current squad I feel is a counter attacking team with the exception of a few like winks, coady and vesty.  They have been employing managers mismatching the squad and not prepared to fund overhauls to fit the manager they employing.

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Because we have no money / are on the brink off FFP? 

Yep its possible, not good news if true, because players will be far cheaper to buy whilst we not an EPL club.  Waiting until the summer assuming we go up, everyone is 4x in value.

I am not sure its all FFP though, its clear with all the pay day loans we have been having cashflow problems for a while.

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Indeed, I said the same earlier in the season, if you employ a manager like Enzo you "have" to give him the tools to do the job.  I do feel the purse string holders think our squad is better than what it is, the current squad I feel is a counter attacking team with the exception of a few like winks, coady and vesty.  They have been employing managers mismatching the squad and not prepared to fund overhauls to fit the manager they employing.

Coady's very much a counter attacker I think but agree with everything else. Coady at the heart of Nuno's side for years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt said:

LCFC have conceded late in each of the last five games they haven’t won.

Boro (a): 83

Sheff Wed (a): 90+3

Ipswich (a): 90+3

Coventry (a): 79, 88, 90+4

Ipswich (h): 89

10 points dropped in the last 10 minutes of those games.

22 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Those long contracts for gash players are costing us dear

7/8 players are out of contract (including some high earners) at the end of the season. If we do get promoted, I think we be looking at experience loan players and some young promising players that will have a sell on value🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's only a week left to get this done anyway, so I don't see what them keeping him that extra week does. 

I think we'll end up with a different player joining on deadline day.

Don't believe everything you read.

Too much noise and confidence from top sources for this to not go through in my book.

13 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It’s because 50 pages are required before he signs. 

You know standard Foxestalk / Leicester City signing rules.

Its only when it exceeds 100 ( officially known as the "Maynard" number) that you know he isnt signing

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Very true.  When it comes to signing up gash, Rudkin and the Recruitment Team would have done an excellent job at the Playboy Mansion in its 'Hugh Hefner' hay days'.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

But we’ve since learnt that long contracts are the way to bend FFP, so as we don’t have the income we are stuck between a rock and a hard place 🤷‍♂️ 

Either happening very soon or next week lol

http://sportwitness.co.uk/confusion-timeframe-leicester-city-signing-deal-done-next-hours-next-week/

The midfielder appeared all set for a move to the King Power Stadium, but claims on Tuesday suggested that following some injuries to Simone Inzaghi’s midfield, he may be forced to stay until next week to provide cover for the upcoming fixture against Fiorentina.

The prime example is the contrast in the reporting from both Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport regarding the player’s move to Leicester.

The former are very optimistic, and believe Sensi is ‘one step away’ from working with Enzo Maresca, as his transfer to the Foxes ‘should be finally unblocked in the next few hours’.

However, Corriere dello Sport have a very different stance, and believe that both Davy Klaassen and Sensi will be on the bench against Fiorentina.

That’s why he is apparently ‘set to postpone his departure’ for Leicester until ‘next week’, as was reported on Tuesday as a likely outcome.