Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

16 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It's a tough situation due to bad management over the past decade or so I guess. We aren't the only club and football was bound to implode at some point. This is probably just the start 

I wouldn't say that, This is a direct result of the Accident. If Vichai were here RIP. He'd put his hand in his pocket and sort it out as he done before.

Top sadly doesn't have that power and probably doesn't have that kind of money to through around.

But we should be able to find 2 million for this lad jf we get rid of the rubbish quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't say that, This is a direct result of the Accident. If Vichai were here RIP. He'd put his hand in his pocket and sort it out as he done before.

Top sadly doesn't have that power and probably doesn't have that kind of money to through around.

But we should be able to find 2 million for this lad jf we get rid of the rubbish quickly.

The issue clearly isn’t putting our hands in our pockets, it’s the astronomical losses we have faced due to complete financial mismanagement.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The thing is that as per Dan's point, if you get rid of the manager then you end up with a load of players that might not entirely suit the next one that comes in if you are too manager led.

I don't think we are as bad as Man United in this aspect. Since Puel, there's been a focus on more of a possession based style and technical players. That's why Rodgers got the team working so quickly and why despite lots of departures,  Enzo got a tune out of our team much faster than say Martin at Southampton. But it is still nowhere near the Brighton style way of doing things, who probably already know who their next manager and DOF is if those two positions lose their current incumbents and why their recruitment is so good. They haven't been as good this season as last, but Pedro, Baleba, Berbuggen and now Barco seem smart to me. Dahoud probably their biggest bust and he was linked with us!

That said, I think there has been a balance for us so far. I feel like Mavididi, Hermansen and Cannon were suggested by the club rather than Enzo. So to be fair, it feels like Glover and Enzo are working decently together thus far.

Who knows, maybe Sensi even was highlighted by the club and Enzo wanted him as soon as he was mentioned. We were also linked with a few other 8's so it's not entirely unbelievable something like this happened. Inter told Sensi he could go, which is why he's available now.

Hermansen was more than likely Enzo as Man City were looking at him. 

Everything else you've put is pretty much spot on though. 

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The issue clearly isn’t putting our hands in our pockets, it’s the astronomical losses we have faced due to complete financial mismanagement.

It makes the short term decision to save a few pennies on Brendan's sacking look foolish, really. Either way we were going to have to dismiss him. If we had got rid sooner we might well have save a few hundred million in loss of earnings and gained the potential future earnings as leverage.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It makes the short term decision to save a few pennies on Brendan's sacking look foolish, really. Either way we were going to have to dismiss him. If we had got rid sooner we might well have save a few hundred million in loss of earnings and gained the potential future earnings as leverage.

Tell that to Rudkin.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tell that to Rudkin.

I wish.

It would really be something to be allowed access to these people for a little while without the protective measures of sasnitised fans forums. Just to ask the questions like this. They are, of course, humans and there must be a human reason they've arrived at their decisions but not one I can understand nor see. I can't imagine Rudkin thinks his decision making was flawed and foolish and he's managed to convince more successful humans than I of it, too.

10 minutes ago, Turtle27 said:

IMG_1585.jpeg

It's very unusual for Fab to still be talking in these sort of certainties so close to alleged completion. If we had to sell before we confirmed it, I think he'd know that by now and be throwing water on it. 

He could have bailed on this story easily by joining in saying we did want Sensi but needed to free up some cash first. 

Looks like this will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's very unusual for Fab to still be talking in these sort of certainties so close to alleged completion. If we had to sell before we confirmed it, I think he'd know that by now and be throwing water on it. 

He could have bailed on this story easily by joining in saying we did want Sensi but needed to free up some cash first. 

Looks like this will happen. 

It's also an Italian club involved, he's always more on deals related to these teams.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Close to concluding a sale? :ph34r:

074A9281-9E7F-4726-938D-F01DF9F37D2D.jpeg

We've made room in the squad and isn't Sensi only like a 2m Euro bid? I never bought that we needed to sell-to-buy. It doesn't make sense as we've got lots still from the Summer sales! Think it was always a squad size issue.