Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Football Italia journalist Lorenzo Bettoni

"When he joined Inter under Antonio Conte, he was what we would call in Italy a 'Mezzala'. The English translation would be a box-to-box midfielder I would say. He's somebody who can score and assist and contribute in the final third. He has kind of changed now to a deep-lying playmaker.

"He's someone who can play in front of the defence and help the team in the build-up and someone who is very gifted technically. I would be surprised to see Sensi playing as a box-to-box midfielder in a very physical league like the Championship, or hopefully the Premier League next season."

When asked if Sensi can adapt to English football, Bettoni said: "I think so. There's a number of players who have been doing really well in that position, for example Jorginho. They're not exactly the same sort of player because Jorginho is a little bit more structured physically and taller than Sensi but he knows how to find the best position to get the ball and has really good qualities.

• Like 3

I personally don't know Sensi at all and have never watched him, looking at his highlight vids he strikes me of a Winksy kind role?... I fully understand the reasoning for a back up, but surely he isn't coming here to sit on our bench?

9 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I personally don't know Sensi at all and have never watched him, looking at his highlight vids he strikes me of a Winksy kind role?... I fully understand the reasoning for a back up, but surely he isn't coming here to sit on our bench?

He will be playing in the high 8 position. Pre inter he was more of a box to box 8. It’s his technique and creativity we need. If he stays fit, at this level he will piss it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Winks - KDA - Sensi gotta be the best midfield 3 in championship history, I mean all 3 in their 20’s, 2 have played in the CL one in the final

With Ndidi as cover. I think that's a top 10 Prem midfield 3 easily. Can't wait for Sensi to be shit!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He will be playing in the high 8 position. Pre inter he was more of a box to box 8. It’s his technique and creativity we need. If he stays fit, at this level he will piss it. 

sort of like Chaplin for ipswich(but doing a bit more defensively) , for context for people who are unsure

26 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

sort of like Chaplin for ipswich(but doing a bit more defensively) , for context for people who are unsure

Yea a bit like Chaplin. I think he’s going to be playing advanced I would imagine, he is by trade a more Maddison type of player, but due to his technical ability he was dropped deeper later in his career, much like Cambiasso. But at championship level he should be easily able to play in the high 8 role with KDH, and be that creative spark we’ve missed since Madders left.

However, it means that when needed, he could play the winks role!

Edited by Pliskin

I can’t get my head around how in the second tier we can sign a midfielder from Inter Milan who has 9 caps for Italy. His injury record aside, just goes to show how far ahead England is in football and financial terms compared to the rest of Europe.

I’m looking forward to the meltdowns from other championship clubs fans - particularly those two from the Second tier podcast…

IMG_6069.jpeg

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

8 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I can’t get my head around how in the second tier we can sign a midfielder from Inter Milan who has 9 caps for Italy. His injury record aside, just goes to show how far ahead England is in football and financial terms compared to the rest of Europe.

I’m looking forward to the meltdowns from other championship clubs fans - particularly those two from the Second tier podcast…

IMG_6069.jpeg

They won't have a meltdown to begin with. 

When it was posted on r/Championship that we were interested in him they were all murmuring that he's crap or injured. I suspect, like most Leicester fans, most won't have seen him actually play and will just have done a twenty second Google and Wikipedia search. 

It'll be in a month or six weeks time when everyone's had a good look at how absurdly far ahead of the average player he is technically that they'll all be moaning about how unfair it is etc.