Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

34 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Enzo just said nothing is imminent without a sale. 

The guy is a massive player of the media. KDH ‘injured’ last week a great example. 

Is this not done yet?

I'm not going to look at this thread again until we get some hard evidence: like scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final (after narrowly missing out on the play-off positions).

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

I reckon that with loan fees returned, wages saved, that should amount to around £2m so I can't  see why this "we need to sell" message adds up.   Chelsea return the balance of the loan fee plus saved wages  @£20k per week = £1m. Smithies saved wages @ £10k = £250k. Iverson loan fee of £500k plus saved wages @ £20 per week = £1m. Thomas is carbon neutral. Total = £2.25m. Exactly what is required to sign Sensi.

45 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I reckon that with loan fees returned, wages saved, that should amount to around £2m so I can't  see why this "we need to sell" message adds up.   Chelsea return the balance of the loan fee plus saved wages  @£20k per week = £1m. Smithies saved wages @ £10k = £250k. Iverson loan fee of £500k plus saved wages @ £20 per week = £1m. Thomas is carbon neutral. Total = £2.25m. Exactly what is required to sign Sensi.

Do you do the books at the club?

Reality is, none of us know how they work it out and exactly how they are factoring FFP in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Perhaps Enzo doesn’t want to shout about it. Because let’s face it, if Sensi can remain fit, he’s no business playing in this league. 

Wouldn’t take much for him to change his mind if a better offer comes in.

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Can see someone else signing him the time it's taking

Very surprising this hasn't already happened if he's that good (especially as the price doesn't make it a big risk). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I know  I'm  just  speculating but surely the saved money must be in the region required to sign Sensi.

Suppose we all read it differently. I never assumed that we needed to get rid of 2 million to pay for 2 million. We need to sell anyway and breaking even isn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Suppose we all read it differently. I never assumed that we needed to get rid of 2 million to pay for 2 million. We need to sell anyway and breaking even isn't good enough.

Selling a player or saving on loan fees and wages amounts to the  same. It just shows how tight our finances are.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I rate Sensi, but if we are selling our best player this season for a player that has a horrific injury record... it makes me extremely nervous.

KDH is an absolute engine...

.. exceptional right foot as well.

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I rate Sensi, but if we are selling our best player this season for a player that has a horrific injury record... it makes me extremely nervous.

KDH is an absolute engine...

It would be daft in the extreme

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Perhaps Enzo doesn’t want to shout about it. Because let’s face it, if Sensi can remain fit, he’s no business playing in this league. 

Wouldn’t take much for him to change his mind if a better offer comes in.

This would be my fear. That someone else comes in making him a better offer while we piss about.

We should be getting him in first then worry about getting someone out.