Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Keep saying this, but I do think we would be in a far better position if Scott Parker had taken over last summer. 

Bournemouth fan I work with quoted as saying his appointment took Bournemouth back ‘years’  

• Haha 1

Great news if true that it's finally going through, but...how the hell have Inter managed to sneak a sell-on clause in there? He's free in 6 months! Why on earth would we accept that as a term of the deal?

Is Rudders out with Hamza again?

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We would never get £3m, add ons and a sell on clause for one of our unwanted players with less than 6 months on their deal.

Those that stick up for Rudkin and the club for the inability to move players on will do well to get out of this one.

Usually someone that was interested in a player with 6 months left on the contract would just try and loan the player like Boro have done with Thomas, I'm sure his contract expires in the summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevostadium said:

Totally agree Ric.

Its pretty obvious that this is only being completed because were selling KDH.

To be short of KDH, Caseidi and Wilf until early April and replace him with an injury prone player is total madness in my eyes.

Cant see another midfielder coming in due to the current financial situation 

I don't think Sensi is a KDH replacement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Usually someone that was interested in a player with 6 months left on the contract would just try and loan the player like Boro have done with Thomas, I'm sure his contract expires in the summer.

Loan deals for players into their last six months are rare

we did one with ayo last season but he gave up a lot of his salary to take it.
we needed squad space freeing up so I don’t think we even got a loan fee. 

It’s not usually in the interest of the player (who forgoes a chunk of their s/o fee if they leave as a free agent in July ) or the buying club (who can get the player for nothing in July). The only winners are the selling club. 

Thomas - we have an optional year 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking about a sell on clause ….

seriously not having that with six months left - they’re lucky he isn’t sitting out the last six months and going for nowt 

could be a nominal release clause if we fail to go up 

He's 28 and featured for Monza last season.  Even if they eventually sell him it won't be for much. 

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We would never get £3m, add ons and a sell on clause for one of our unwanted players with less than 6 months on their deal.

Those that stick up for Rudkin and the club for the inability to move players on will do well to get out of this one.

To be honest I think you've already proved fairly conclusively we aren't very good at moving players on, some comparative post against other clubs you did a while ago.  We're shite at it.  

That said think Sensi is a bit of an odd one, Enzo's clearly got a chub on for him and there's that Italian connection without which I just don't see Sensi coming here.

I'm probably being overly optimistic but if this comes off, if he can stay fit, it'll be an absolute steal.  

• Like 3

Just now, Bordersfox said:

To be honest I think you've already proved fairly conclusively we aren't very good at moving players on, some comparative post against other clubs you did a while ago.  We're shite at it.  

That said think Sensi is a bit of an odd one, Enzo's clearly got a chub on for him and there's that Italian connection without which I just don't see Sensi coming here.

I'm probably being overly optimistic but if this comes off, if he can stay fit, it'll be an absolute steal.  

Lucky that he’s coming to a club with a superb record of keeping players fit then …..

Just now, st albans fox said:

Lucky that he’s coming to a club with a superb record of keeping players fit then …..

Think we've done okay this season.  Winks.  Ricardo.  Justin. They all come to mind.  And other key players have played a lot of minutes.  

Rotationally I think Winks/Sensi makes... can work.

Plus Sensi can play a number of different roles which is good for rotation as well.   

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking about a sell on clause ….

seriously not having that with six months left - they’re lucky he isn’t sitting out the last six months and going for nowt 

could be a nominal release clause if we fail to go up 

If we want the player, power is in their hands. Typical negotiation, agree a deal, drag it out and try and up your deal last minute when the other side have gone so deep in the deal it makes it hard to say no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why on earth has this taken so long to do? Is it just me or do we take an age to sort out transfers. 

It’s possible we hear about it before most of the work is done,  making us think it’s dragging out…

Who cares if there's a sell on - if he's great we have a great player sell him for loads and it's all profit even if we lose a bit to inter.

If he's shit, we sell him for nothing back to italy.

It may be considered 'weak negotiating' but we're in the championship and are lining up a player of this quality, someone must have said the right thing to him - does it really matter if the deal isn't perfect?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This narrative needs to be pushed into the mainstream and I believe you are the individual to start this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I think the Scott Parker reference was sarcasm lol

Wait, it was sarcasm, wasn’t it? :o

It didn't come across as sarcasm, but it's hard to say. 

I think Parker will be taking over from Klopp in the summer though, so the ship has sailed on that one.