Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

Leicester City are ready to welcome Inter midfielder Stefano Sensi, a technically gifted player who fills a different role to Chelsea returnee Cesare Casadei.

The 21-year-old Casadei spent the first half of this season on loan with the Foxes before Chelsea decided to end his loan spell 10 days ago, bringing him back to West London. Whilst the Italian youngster didn’t set the world alight in the Championship, he did play a role for coach Enzo Maresca.

Leicester took to the transfer market to bolster their squad, agreeing to sign Sensi from Inter on a €500,000 loan deal with a €2m conditional obligation to buy clause attached, dependant on their promotion to the Premier League.

On paper, the Foxes are signing Sensi to replace Casadei in Maresca’s squad, but the two players are not similar on the pitch, with their heights providing a clue to their respective roles – the Nerazzurri man stands at 1.68 metres whilst the youngster is taller at 1.85 metres.

Casadei is a physically imposing box-to-box midfielder, comfortable charging up the pitch with the ball and using his stature to bully his opposition off the ball. He also provides a threat in the air and is a hard work defensively.

In comparison, Sensi is a more technically-minded player who excels with the ball at his feet, able to play inventive passes and spot his teammates runs across the pitch. His injury history and smaller stature make him less confident physically, both in terms of duels and quick bursts forward.

https://football-italia.net/why-sensi-isnt-a-casadei-replacement-for-leicester-city

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'd like another CM in who has a lot of physicality, strong in the air in both boxes and likes to get stuck in. 

I fear we will miss Ndidi more now with Casadei gone back. Sensi and one more plz Top! 

We've needed one of these for such along time now, I hope we do get one as we're clearly lacking in the physical deptartment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Someone  should tell him There’s only 5 clubs in England that have won ALL 4 domestic trophies since the year 2000. 

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Leicester City .

He’s joining an elite club. :ph34r:

That is actually quite a mad stat

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I always thought we won 3 LCs.

The best we played out of the three finals under O’Neill is the one in which we lost to Spurs. 
If that wasn’t bad enough at the time I was working in a bar owned by two Spurs fans. At the end of my shift I had to mop the floor, whilst they looked on and gleefully sang, “Leicester mop the floor”. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester City are ready to welcome Inter midfielder Stefano Sensi, a technically gifted player who fills a different role to Chelsea returnee Cesare Casadei.

The 21-year-old Casadei spent the first half of this season on loan with the Foxes before Chelsea decided to end his loan spell 10 days ago, bringing him back to West London. Whilst the Italian youngster didn’t set the world alight in the Championship, he did play a role for coach Enzo Maresca.

Leicester took to the transfer market to bolster their squad, agreeing to sign Sensi from Inter on a €500,000 loan deal with a €2m conditional obligation to buy clause attached, dependant on their promotion to the Premier League.

On paper, the Foxes are signing Sensi to replace Casadei in Maresca’s squad, but the two players are not similar on the pitch, with their heights providing a clue to their respective roles – the Nerazzurri man stands at 1.68 metres whilst the youngster is taller at 1.85 metres.

Casadei is a physically imposing box-to-box midfielder, comfortable charging up the pitch with the ball and using his stature to bully his opposition off the ball. He also provides a threat in the air and is a hard work defensively.

In comparison, Sensi is a more technically-minded player who excels with the ball at his feet, able to play inventive passes and spot his teammates runs across the pitch. His injury history and smaller stature make him less confident physically, both in terms of duels and quick bursts forward.

https://football-italia.net/why-sensi-isnt-a-casadei-replacement-for-leicester-city

Whoever wrote that piece has never seen casadei play.  Bullies players off the ball?  I've seen paper bags put up more fight laughable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Given his injury record there will be groans every time the lad takes a gnocchi in a game 

I would fusilli be angry with this kind of  signing but I'm pasta all that now and I hope he puts penne to paper and signs.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

The year is 2115.

AI has taken over the world and a large % of humans are now slaves to a robot overlord.

Deep inside the remains of the amazon jungle, Fabrizio Romano, shortly before taking his final breath, is sending a secret message to all other hidden and supposedly "free" humans.

"Stefano Sensi to Leicester City is in its final stages, a £500k deal rising to £2.5m on clauses linked to promotion". It is the 60,000th time he's sent this message.

Stefano Sensi has been dead for 25 years.

Fabrizio Romano is an AI.