Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

I'd imagine there will be a clause in his contract that if he hits a certain number of appearances between now and June 2025 he'll get another year automatically.

To be fair, if the details are true and it is 500k up front, rest at the end of season and an 18month contract.. that's pretty good work.. even if we have been working on it since 1990

Maybe announce him before the game tonight and in the squad for Saturday?

• Like 1

Pretty clear Rudkin ensures these are dragged out as long as possible so that we forget there were several more that needed to be done and are grateful for the one transfer when it actually gets done once it starts to look like that or nothing.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Good that we've only given him a contract until next summer given his injury record. If he does well and stays fit, we could look to extend it 

And he'll be off to a bigger club if he comes here and smashes it. Injury record or not that contract length is a joke IMO. 2.5 years is probably acceptable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

And he'll be off to a bigger club if he comes here and smashes it. Injury record or not that contract length is a joke IMO. 2.5 years is probably acceptable. 

It's a great call, nice to see us operating sensibly.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Predict the next Fab tweet!

I'm going with 16:20

"Sensi deal to Leicester in final stages.

Full agreement with Inter.

Contract to 2025"

“Sensi deal collapses, club doctor has pulled hamstring and can’t complete medical”

20 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Disagree. If he was younger then absolutely but given his age, injury record and wages, if we have him next season and he ends up injured and we end up relegated again, we could still have him on our wage bill in the championship. Its things like this that have stung us before and why we ended up in the mess we are 

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

I'd imagine there will be a clause in his contract that if he hits a certain number of appearances between now and June 2025 he'll get another year automatically.

To be fair, if the details are true and it is 500k up front, rest at the end of season and an 18month contract.. that's pretty good work.. even if we have been working on it since 1990

Maybe announce him before the game tonight and in the squad for Saturday?

Don't exaggerate! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

We’ve made enough mistakes handing out long contracts in recent time. I’m glad we seem to be learning 

Or he's really good next season and we lose him for nothing. 1.5 year contract is too short for me, especially if we're spending £2mil for what is essentially a loan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Or he's really good next season and we lose him for nothing. 1.5 year contract is too short for me, especially if we're spending £2mil for what is essentially a loan.

If that’s the case then so be it, will more than likely mean we have stayed up, that’s good enough for me 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
32 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m sure Top’s wedding hasn’t caused any delays…

Ha. I've heard wilder stories than this.