Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought that they wanted him off their books?  He's Inter's Dennis Praet.

I would have thought that this shouldn't have been too difficult. 

Does that make us their version of Torino? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We are 1/66 to get promoted.  1/66 !

Throw the bastardi an extra 30,000 euros and they can place a bet that gets them their freaking 2 million in that case.

Exactly why we shouldn't be paying a fee.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just popped in to see this is trending and it's either

1) Injury puns
2) Pasta puns
3) Another Fab tweet
4) It's happening!

5) We've ****ed it

Isn't that every transfer thread though? 

Just replace "pasta" with whatever cultural reference is appropriate? 

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We are 1/66 to get promoted.  1/66 !

Throw the bastardi an extra 30,000 euros and they can place a bet that gets them their freaking 2 million in that case.

I'm no expert in betting. But that says to me you have to put 66 pounds on to win £1. So if I'm right 30,000 would get them £454.54 I don't see them taking that bet on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm no expert in betting. But that says to me you have to put 66 pounds on to win £1. So if I'm right 30,000 would get them £454.54 I don't see them taking that bet on.

Let me explain this... if they put 30K on us to NOT get promoted, they would indeed clear 2 mil if we don't go up.

In other words, the market considers that prospect so unlikely, it would cost almost nothing to hedge their risk.

They are moving the goalposts at the 11th hour over an issue that is provably trivial.

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Let me explain this... if they put 30K on us to NOT get promoted, they would indeed clear 2 mil if we don't go up.

In other words, the market considers that prospect so unlikely, it would cost almost nothing to hedge their risk.

They are moving the goalposts at the 11th hour over an issue that is provably trivial.

Your original post says we are 1/66 to get promoted. Not to miss out on promotion.

Either way at 1/66 they only win £454.

The odds would have to be 66/1 

6 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Why don't we just wait until the summer and get him on a free? Am I missing something? 

Here’s what I reckon is happening… we’ve probably backed ourselves into a corner with another deal and now we’ve got some bullshit going on trying to get both deals done concurrently. So one can be a loan and one can be a perm. This is flicking back and forth because we’re trying to deal with both clubs at the same time and I assume we can’t take two more loans at once. One club is looking more favourable on the perm versus the other at any one given time but the details are being leaked to the media on the Sensi deal only.

That must be what’s going on else we’d just do the deal with Milan for Sensi in a quick and simple way. 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Your original post says we are 1/66 to get promoted. Not to miss out on promotion.

Either way at 1/66 they only win £454.

The odds would have to be 66/1 

He is suggesting they could place a bet on us NOT getting promoted, and win the 2m they'd be losing it on in the clause.

So either way they'd get their money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

That's because we are 1/66 to get promoted.  66/1 to miss promotion.

Do UK bookies flip it the other way?  Bloody hell, enough on this.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Here’s what I reckon is happening… we’ve probably backed ourselves into a corner with another deal and now we’ve got some bullshit going on trying to get both deals done concurrently. So one can be a loan and one can be a perm. This is flicking back and forth because we’re trying to deal with both clubs at the same time and I assume we can’t take two more loans at once. One club is looking more favourable on the perm versus the other at any one given time but the details are being leaked to the media on the Sensi deal only.

That must be what’s going on else we’d just do the deal with Milan for Sensi in a quick and simple way. 

Who else are we looking to sign ?

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Here’s what I reckon is happening… we’ve probably backed ourselves into a corner with another deal and now we’ve got some bullshit going on trying to get both deals done concurrently.

No chance we get two in on the same day, just not happening. We've been working on this Sensi deal for the whole of January 🤦‍♂️

Just now, KingsX said:

That's because we are 1/66 to get promoted.  66/1 to miss promotion.

Do UK bookies flip it the other way?  Bloody hell, enough on this.

No.

The first figure is what you win. The second figure is what you bet.

So 1/66 means you win £1 for every £66 you bet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

No chance we get two in on the same day, just not happening. We've been working on this Sensi deal for the whole of January 🤦‍♂️

Could also be contingent on what we’re doing with outgoings, too