Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Do we have any proof that it's incompetence stopping this, rather than an inability to agree terms we are happy with?

Or are we all overreacting a little on here?

What an outrageous allegation! FT overreacting! Never! How very dare you!  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You think Maresca feels the same way?!

sure he will be frustrated. like some fans are. But it is common knowledge that all is not great at LCFC. 

He has the same squad that has got him on course for a record breaking season minus one that apparently didn't even want to be here. I am sure he will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

sure he will be frustrated. like some fans are. But it is common knowledge that all is not great at LCFC. 

He has the same squad that has got him on course for a record breaking season minus one that apparently didn't even want to be here. I am sure he will be fine. 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah. He's a grown man. A football manager. He knows the score.

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

Not sure. You'll have to ask him. I think he is well aware of the financial restraints we have though.

Quite a few tone deaf to his recent interviews then…

You might think it’s just one deal not getting over the line. The bigger picture, however, is that this manager gets frustrated at what he’s working with and potential broken promises.

Would it take him walking for you to acknowledge that he’s not asked for much but been given very little in return?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Very much of the opinion Enzo will stick around to get the job done and be on his way in the summer with head held high, getting exit strategy vibes already.

He was given more to spend than any other manager in the league during the summer.

Every manager wants another player; it is the way of the world, and no manager is ever satisfied with a squad. 

• Like 2

I still don't understand why this deal relies on us selling a player. We can't be that close to FFP if a £500k up front fee tips us over the edge. We've earnt that from Casadei going back and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Something else is at play here.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I still don't understand why this deal relies on us selling a player. We can't be that close to FFP if a £500k up front fee tips us over the edge. We've earnt that from Casadei going back and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Has to be wages, surely. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

He was given more to spend than any other manager in the league during the summer.

Every manager wants another player; it is the way of the world, and no manager is ever satisfied with a squad. 

The club have not been honest with him, he's so so himself.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Correct. I'm guessing we'll never know.

Just now, Scotch said:

Has to be wages, surely. 

Possibly but it's the same thing overall when it comes to FFP. Only the UEFA FFP is wages to revenue ratio a thing, perhaps we're worried we'll win the FA Cup and be back in Europe next season 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Viva said:

Not sure. You'll have to ask him. I think he is well aware of the drunken jet lagged twat restraints we have though.

Amended for you

Edited by Costock_Fox

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Completely agree - makes no sense at all to do with having to sell - this deal is as cheap as it gets - if we don’t have 2m to spend we are in way worse condition financially than I thought possible - 100m in the coffers in the summer just gone - how with squad space , cas going back and iverson out can’t we afford to get this guy in - baffling 

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite a few tone deaf to his recent interviews then…

You might think it’s just one deal not getting over the line. The bigger picture, however, is that this manager gets frustrated at what he’s working with and potential broken promises.

Would it take him walking for you to acknowledge that he’s not asked for much but been given very little in return?

A lot has happened since he arrived here. Everton have been hit with two FFP charges, including a 10 point penalty and Forest one. Maybe he was given an indication in the summer that there would be money to be spent in Jan, but things have changed? We won't know all the conversations that go on behind closed doors.

However, back to my original point and people are getting far too wound up over whether we get the Sensi signing over the line or not. It's unlikely he will make or break our season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I’d look at it the other way - he got the bare minimum needed - we couldn’t shift any of the dead wood apart from a few rubbish loans - he has had to deal with kel , wilf, souts, daka, etc etc that should have been sold somehow and had no choice but to play some of them as we have nobody else