Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

22 minutes ago, copunk said:

If we manage to do any business between today and tomorrow, great 

If we don't and stick with the players who have been outstanding so far this season, great 

Those wanting to get rid of KDH to get this done... I know who I'd rather rely on if this goes to the wire. The Leicester fan (top scorer) or the guy from Italy the last few months?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Completely agree - makes no sense at all to do with having to sell - this deal is as cheap as it gets - if we don’t have 2m to spend we are in way worse condition financially than I thought possible - 100m in the coffers in the summer just gone - how with squad space , cas going back and iverson out can’t we afford to get this guy in - baffling 

Could be the hierarchy of the club think we are going up and do not need to spend anymore money at this point, Enzo might want him, perhaps the boardroom do not.

:dunno:

Just now, ithuriel said:

Could be the hierarchy of the club think we are going up and do not need to spend anymore money at this point, Enzo might want him, perhaps the boardroom do not.

:dunno:

Could be bang on there - we definitely have form

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Those wanting to get rid of KDH to get this done... I know who I'd rather rely on if this goes to the wire. The Leicester fan (top scorer) or the guy from Italy the last few months?

Nobody wants to get rid of kdh to get this done - nobody - what should be expected is we have some kind of capability to sell some of the absolute dross we are paying 50k a week or just buy him anyway at 2m quid - you wouldn’t get a decent prospect from league 1 for 2m quid - it’s mental - our transfer efforts are pathetic 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Quite a few tone deaf to his recent interviews then…

You might think it’s just one deal not getting over the line. The bigger picture, however, is that this manager gets frustrated at what he’s working with and potential broken promises.

Would it take him walking for you to acknowledge that he’s not asked for much but been given very little in return?

yeah it would as i wouldnt expect him to just walk away from this project. 

If he walked away because we broke promises to him then fair enough and good on him to sticking to his morals. 

Do i think he would do that ? No do i think we have actually broken any promises to him? No. 

He has said the same thing since day one, we need to sell before we buy. We havent hence the reason we havent bought anyone. 

You cannot force players out of the club and i am sure Enzo knows this. 

People need to stop playing Football Manager and wake up to reality clubs in the prem being dragged over hot coals for breaking the rules and now we finally try and stick to them and the fans start presuming the manager has been lied to?! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

No one is pushing for KDH to be sold are they? The only reason i would accept it would be is that we would be docked points if we didnt. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I still don't understand why this deal relies on us selling a player. We can't be that close to FFP if a £500k up front fee tips us over the edge. We've earnt that from Casadei going back and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Something else is at play here.

Perhaps the hierarchy don't really fancy having a 28 year old crock on the books.

Not me, btw. I'm fully sold on the dream now  - He's about to put 4-5 top class seasons together for us...but you can sort of understand the clubs hesitance lol 

• Haha 1

Would be nice if this happens. Proper backup for Winks would be really good. I don't trust when Ricky has to work alongside Choudhury. We're just not quite the same team.

But on the other hand, we're 10 points clear. We've responded well to all our setbacks this season. Clearly, we don't need Sensi to get promoted.

If we don't get him now, maybe we'll pick him up on a free in the summer. If not, it's fine. We did a decent amount of business last summer and we'll get deals done to hopefully consolidate Premier League status if we get there.

I'm pretty zen about this whatever happens.

• Like 1