Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t know if piastri was told not to get too close to lando re his tyres 

If I was Norris I would have given the team two options 

a) if he gets within 2 seconds then I’ll let him past and not race him  

b) I’ll let him by with five laps to go and then I’ll race him to the line 

That’s the thing, by managing it the way they did, McLaren gave lando 0 chance of winning the race even though he was clearly the fastest car on the day. 

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

The cretin is STILL trying to blame others. 

PLEASE punish him. 

His team have blown so much smoke up his backside for so long that he can’t see any other perspective than his own. Couple that with his incredible desire to win and you have a recipe for something quite unpleasant 

Hungarian GP: Max Verstappen, Lewis Hamilton escape stewards' penalty for dramatic F1 collision

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/13182673/hungarian-gp-max-verstappen-lewis-hamilton-escape-stewards-penalty-for-dramatic-f1-collision

Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton both escaped any punishment for their dramatic collision in the Hungarian GP, with race stewards ruling "no further action" was required over the incident.

It means the race result remains unchanged, with Hamilton finishing third and Verstappen behind Ferrari's Charles Leclerc in fifth.

Hamilton and Verstappen were battling over third place when they made contact at Turn One on lap 63.

With Verstappen locking his front tyres, the two cars touched wheels and the Dutchman's car was briefly sent airborne.

Verstappen blamed Hamilton for the incident and claimed the Briton had moved under braking, although the Mercedes driver described it as a "racing incident" without obvious fault.

"I went for a move that was fully on, but then in the middle of the braking zone when I was already committed to the move, he suddenly keeps warping right," Verstappen told Sky Sports F1.

"If I wouldn't have turned while braking straight, I would have made contact with him. At one point naturally I locked up because he kept turning to the right.

"People always made a lot of what happened in Austria [in his collision with Norris]. 'It was not correct blah blah blah'. But that's on the initial move and then you just brake straight, you hold your wheel quite straight.

"I felt now it was not on the initial move, but afterwards during the braking zone he keeps turning right. You cannot do that when someone is committed to the inside.

"That's why I locked up because otherwise we would have collided anyway because he would have just turned in on me."

Hamilton, meanwhile, said: "For me it was a racing incident. "Ultimately he was much quicker and he sent it. I moved a little to defend, but I left enough space on the inside and he locked up and obviously then couldn't turn. He came at a different trajectory and clipped my wheels. If he was under control he would have gone by."

Edited by jammie82uk

Stewards verdict in full

“On the approach to turn 1, both Car 44 [Hamilton] and Car 1 [Versatppen] overtook Car 23 [Alex Albon]. Car 44 returned to the racing line before the braking zone and commenced to turn into turn 1.

“Car 1 approached the turn faster than on previous laps (due to DRS) and braked at the same point as previously. 

“The driver of Car 1 argued that Car 44 was changing direction under braking. The driver of Car 44 stated that he was simply following his normal racing line (which was confirmed by examination of video and telemetry evidence of previous laps). 

“It was clear that Car 1 locked up both front wheels on the approach to turn 1 prior to any impact occurring but missing the normal cornering line for a typical overtaking manoeuvre. 

“The driver of Car 44 stated that this was a racing incident, whilst the driver of Car 1 argued that this was a case of changing direction under braking. 

“The Stewards do not consider this to be a typical case of 'changing direction under braking' although it is our determination that the driver of Car 44 could have done more to avoid the collision. 

“Accordingly we determine that no driver was predominantly to blame and decide to take no further action.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 They just won’t punish this guy will they? Even stating it was more Lewis’ fault which it absolutely was not.

Embarrassing verdict. 

• Haha 1

Think I can spot what the issue was 

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

“Car 1 approached the turn faster than on previous laps (due to DRS) and braked at the same point as previously. 

The only things I can think of that he could have done was to come to a complete stop or leave the track to the left although I don’t think he would have had the time to react or the steering lock to do that 

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

although it is our determination that the driver of Car 44 could have done more to avoid the collision. 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Think I can spot what the issue was 

The only things I can think of that he could have done was to come to a complete stop or leave the track to the left although I don’t think he would have had the time to react or the steering lock to do that 

It’s just a continuation of many previous Crashtappen incident reviews. 

He gets away with what others are regularly punished for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Amazing how many drivers have won their first race in Hungary. 

How is that not a penalty for Verstappen ? . Loses it under braking. 

It’s genuinely incredible.

Time and time again he goes for moves that simply aren’t on then either crashes into the other car or runs wide and stays ahead.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Norris is such a cretin 

His popularity has always baffled me.  

His reaction to Hamilton's complements after the race just proved he's yet another spoilt silver spoon brat.

He's won one race.  He simply doesn't have the CV to be acting the ****.

7 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

His reaction to Hamilton's complements after the race just proved he's yet another spoilt silver spoon brat.

What was that about? All I heard was Norris saying ‘you had a good car 7 years ago’ and Hamilton looking baffled and saying ‘I’m not complaining ’ 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What was that about? All I heard was Norris saying ‘you had a good car 7 years ago’ and Hamilton looking baffled and saying ‘I’m not complaining ’ 

Hamilton commented their car is fast in the cool down room 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Hamilton commented their car is fast in the cool down room 

As he often has ..

Why would Norris not like that ?

Maybe he was just in a bad mood after being robbed of a win in his eyes .

29 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

As he often has ..

Why would Norris not like that ?

Maybe he was just in a bad mood after being robbed of a win in his eyes .

Yeah, obviously he was frustrated and snappy. Clearly misunderstood Hamilton's intentions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Good looking young man, fast driver, races fair, rarely whines or complains, light-hearted, loyal to McLaren, outwardly patient and humble, a team player, respected by other drivers, often brutally honest and with high expectations of himself. Can see plenty of reasons why he has fans.

• Like 2