Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

11 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

His popularity has always baffled me.  

His reaction to Hamilton's complements after the race just proved he's yet another spoilt silver spoon brat.

He's won one race.  He simply doesn't have the CV to be acting the ****.

Yeah I’ve never got it, think it’s purely because he was probably a pioneer when it came to the social media marketing. Always found him too much of a Tory to warm to him, I’m not even a big fan of Hamilton but to talk like that to him after you’ve got one race win under your belt after bottling multiple opportunities this season, stay in your lane you tosser

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I’ve never got it, think it’s purely because he was probably a pioneer when it came to the social media marketing. Always found him too much of a Tory to warm to him, I’m not even a big fan of Hamilton but to talk like that to him after you’ve got one race win under your belt after bottling multiple opportunities this season, stay in your lane you tosser

You have it in for him, clearly. 

As for the verdicts of media on the incident, it's so obviously on Verstappen. One has to be far up Max's bumhole to not see it. He overshot by quite a margin, and while Hamilton arguably could've avoided contact, it's still all Verstappen's fault. 

He does it time and again, unpunished as well - it's reckless and he was extremely fortunate not to take himself and Hamilton out.

I'm becoming more and more sceptical and question the motives of the stewards. Can't help but feel that more crashes means more action in an otherwise largely excitement free sport, which will appeal to a certain market over yonder...

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What a weird thing to say, not a Scouser are you? 😂. F1 is a rich mans sport. They’d all be Tories if they were British

9 hours ago, shen said:

You have it in for him, clearly. 

As for the verdicts of media on the incident, it's so obviously on Verstappen. One has to be far up Max's bumhole to not see it. He overshot by quite a margin, and while Hamilton arguably could've avoided contact, it's still all Verstappen's fault. 

He does it time and again, unpunished as well - it's reckless and he was extremely fortunate not to take himself and Hamilton out.

I'm becoming more and more sceptical and question the motives of the stewards. Can't help but feel that more crashes means more action in an otherwise largely excitement free sport, which will appeal to a certain market over yonder...

Not sure it's that, but it does have whiffs of "penalties (or lack of) at Old Trafford" about it all.  Easy to slap a penalty on a Haas rather than a RB.

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

What a weird thing to say, not a Scouser are you? 😂. F1 is a rich mans sport. They’d all be Tories if they were British

Nah I know but the sense of it really radiates off him, if he didn’t get into f1 he’d defo be some backbench MP 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Even Lewis?

Agree generally it;'s generally down to the money or who you are/know. 

Edited by Super_horns

I've always thought Lando seems like a pretty decent level headed lad, I think he was just frustrated after having to give up the place despite being so much quicker.

We probably get slightly bias coverage re Max but bloody hell he comes off as such a bellend. None of them are good losers, they wouldn't be where they are if they were, but my god he is head and shoulders above the rest. Never seems to accept even the smallest hint of wrong-doing on his part.

Edited by ajthefox

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Even Lewis?

Agree generally it;'s generally down to the money or who you are/know. 

The bloke literally moved to Monaco to avoid paying taxes like the rest of the grid so yes. They’re all the same

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

I'd imagine most drivers, with a slim chance of winning the title, would be irritated at being asked to give up a place to their team mate who has no chance of winning the title. 

Not defending him, he acted like a dick, but can understand his strop. 

Any sportsperson who has to give up a win will be p1ssed off and emotional. Doesn't mean Lando is a d1ck all of a sudden.

im sure Lewis will have acknowledged that it was just a heat of the moment thing.

Max is defo a c0ck though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I'd imagine most drivers, with a slim chance of winning the title, would be irritated at being asked to give up a place to their team mate who has no chance of winning the title. 

Not defending him, he acted like a dick, but can understand his strop. 

What he and several other seem to fail to understand is that he wasn't "giving up" anything at all. The only reason he was in 1st place is because he was artificially placed there by his team. They had every right to ask him to reverse that back as he wasn't there on merit to start with. 

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

What he and several other seem to fail to understand is that he wasn't "giving up" anything at all. The only reason he was in 1st place is because he was artificially placed there by his team. They had every right to ask him to reverse that back as he wasn't there on merit to start with. 

But the team refused him the chance to get the place on merit. He was catching before the pit stops and pulled away after them. He was comfortably the quickest driver and was given nil chance of winning by his team, I get why he was annoyed. 

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Merc screwing Lewis over again to make Georgey boy feel better. 

Superb drive from Lewis and he trusted the teams decisions. 

Nobody expected the one stop to work, was just a punt that worked. Not sure they screwed him over at all. 

Classic that we finally start to see different teams winning just as the next big reg changes come in. 

• Like 2