Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2024

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/cn0e8g5eg4yo

Red Bull are back baby.  If you can't beat 'em, cry about it.

*Edit*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/c3w6y694406o

Guess with the front wing complaint also being binned they're running out of parts to query.

Edited by Zear0

On 17/09/2024 at 21:49, The Quick Brown Fox said:

His Comms make it for me, likes he's just done it on the playstation. No emotion, just doing it for a bit of fun 🤣

I think that calmness is his main strength to be honest. He's so cool and composed in everything he does and never bashes himself, unlike for instance Leclerc and Norris who several times have branded themselves as "stupid." In fact, his comment on Stroll "driving his first go kart race" is probably the most animated I've ever seen Piastri.

I was listening to his radio from Sunday and he didn't even say anything when he passed Leclerc. He goes for a move and makes it stick. It's never unfair, it's just completely measured and calm. Off the top of my head, his passes of Leclerc at Spa, Norris at Monza and Leclerc again on Sunday were arguably three of the top overtakes of the season.

I'm excited to see how he'll fare when the pressure is well and truly on, but if were to bet on the 2025 champion, Piastri would be my current pick. Extremely likable guy, too. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I think that calmness is his main strength to be honest. He's so cool and composed in everything he does and never bashes himself, unlike for instance Leclerc and Norris who several times have branded themselves as "stupid." In fact, his comment on Stroll "driving his first go kart race" is probably the most animated I've ever seen Piastri.

I was listening to his radio from Sunday and he didn't even say anything when he passed Leclerc. He goes for a move and makes it stick. It's never unfair, it's just completely measured and calm. Off the top of my head, his passes of Leclerc at Spa, Norris at Monza and Leclerc again on Sunday were arguably three of the top overtakes of the season.

I'm excited to see how he'll fare when the pressure is well and truly on, but if were to bet on the 2025 champion, Piastri would be my current pick. Extremely likable guy, too. 

Let's hope he stays this way. We know all to well how the likeable guy becomes a knob when things don't go their way after a few good performances. I agree though, he's very very good. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Agreed. I went into 2023 wanting to hate him because he's an Aussie and I thought his treatment of Alpine was very arrogant. But he's too talented and too likeable.

Would be good if he starts winning and goes a bit mental though, the sport is all about characters.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed. I went into 2023 wanting to hate him because he's an Aussie and I thought his treatment of Alpine was very arrogant. But he's too talented and too likeable.

Would be good if he starts winning and goes a bit mental though, the sport is all about characters.

Pure Kimi vibes so far.