Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

11th most profitable academy in England in the last 10 years

We have the 11th most profitable academy in England in the last 10 years with a revenue generated of €119m (add ons are included whether received or not)

46th most profitable academy in the world in the last 10 years

*based on players sold who spent at least three seasons in our academy between the ages of 15 and 21

image.png.b0c8cb39f076fe98b64c681ba9768e13.png

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost446

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Annoying to see Forest above, I’m guessing pretty much all of theirs is Brennan Johnson. 

I couldn't believe they were so high but they actually sold a lot of academy players for £5-10m over the last 4-5 years including Bereton-Diaz and Matty Cash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Can only really think of Chilwell, Schlupp and Barnes who have gone for any significant sum. Good return but only selling 6 for money isn’t amazing in 10 years is it? 🤔

It is when you think the academy isn’t really developed to sell players it’s developed to unearth talent for the first team if you think of what it costs to buy a 

KDH/Barnes/Chillwell 

And then deduct that from the running costs it pays for itself 

deducting the cash we sell them on top of that shows the academy is making us a lot of money 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Can only really think of Chilwell, Schlupp and Barnes who have gone for any significant sum. Good return but only selling 6 for money isn’t amazing in 10 years is it? 🤔

depends if you count sowah and diabate. 

pretty sure we made money on wright and the lad who went to derby and only scored screamers. I want to say lawrence? 

Got a mil for hirst as well didnt we? 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Annoying to see Forest above, I’m guessing pretty much all of theirs is Brennan Johnson. 

If Liverpool cough up the money for the young lad they took from us, I thinks it’s going to tribunal?? Others might known more… that should put us back ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

depends if you count sowah and diabate. 

pretty sure we made money on wright and the lad who went to derby and only scored screamers. I want to say lawrence? 

Got a mil for hirst as well didnt we? 

I think the only one of them who may fit the criteria is Sowah. Lawrence, Hirst & Diabate weren't academt payers.

Diabate  v Peterboro - what a performance :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

If Liverpool cough up the money for the young lad they took from us, I thinks it’s going to tribunal?? Others might known more… that should put us back ahead of them.

If it's above five million I'll be amazed.

Just shows you how the big clubs farming academy players for profit.

You also have to factor in we got significant uses of of the likes of Chilwell, Barnes and Schlupp 460 apps between them for the club.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

One things for sure, there’s only really three routes for a club like ours to be FFP compliant; get great at recruiting and developing players, have a successful academy, become Man City. Luckily Seagrave should help with the first two if used correctly.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I couldn't believe they were so high but they actually sold a lot of academy players for £5-10m over the last 4-5 years including Bereton-Diaz and Matty Cash.

Think it shows ours has been more successful when you take into account the impact the players have had on our team. Chilwell, KDH and Barnes are as good a standard as any academy has brought through and we aren't higher on this list because we haven't produced a lot of average fodder and sold them cheap like Forest.