Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Over Halfway, Fans predictions

Leicester 26 21 2 3 36 65

Look pretty good so far.. 

Are the other teams going to make it harder for us. Can they compete and take more points off us,

Will those 11pts increase drastically. 

Where do fans see our dodgey periods. 

Can those following top 3,hold form and catch us,

or are we too far away, considering their own suprise loss of points. 

Are we so secure in our squad quality and the Enzo-System..

# we will drop less than 7 pts

# become unstoppable that each

game is too far for our opposition. 

# or still see it home, losing 4-7 games

with also hard fought draws. 

# How far in our cup Run..? 

#no worries just sit back & enjoy.. 

Is it now more prudent to shape the squad for PL, and slowly prepare that

We won't see massive funds

for reinvestment.. 

We'll win the league.Ive never been more confident about a City team than this one. Maybe it's the competition. Maybe it's Enzo and the players. Maybe it's all of the above.

• Like 2

I can absolutely see this month being the most testing yet. I don't think we will let up until promotion is confirmed, but we might get complacent after that and miss out on records.

2 hours ago, shen said:

I can absolutely see this month being the most testing yet. I don't think we will let up until promotion is confirmed, but we might get complacent after that and miss out on records.

Two tough games, but only two more (league) this month so we should be able to field a strong side each time. In terms of schedule it's not too bad at all.  

We’ve earned the position where only our own form matters. It’s felt for a while that only a significant run of injuries can stop us. We have one now with Ndidi, but would have lost him to AFCON in this period anyway. 

I saw three significant periods:

1. Christmas schedule

2. AFCON 

3. Run-in

We’ve got through the first one. The next phase has started now without Daka, Nacho and Ndidi (although he could be out for longer) but kept Fatawu. If we still maintain our current lead towards the end of February we’ll be as good as up.

That sets us up nicely for the run-in when games become unpredictable across the board with so many teams in the last gasp saloon. 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

We'll win the league.Ive never been more confident about a City team than this one. Maybe it's the competition. Maybe it's Enzo and the players. Maybe it's all of the above.

It's the competition for me. It's bound to be, we have players that we paid £20m for and it's obvious we are stronger than most, if not all, teams we've played (Leeds an exception at our place and Southampton now looking better). We beat Cardiff over Christmas and they looked like a side who could be 20th, not top 10. Can't remember the last time opposition impressed me, I always feel like I expect more from some teams (WBA as an example). Perhaps Sunderland, they were creative and came at us.

The difference in finishing is huge compared to the Premier League. There are misses against us this season that half decent PL strikers would have scored. That's my worry for next season but I just want us to win this league, and get out of it, first.

• Like 3

I'm taking absolutely nothing for granted. I can never be overly confident with Leicester and we've got some of our trickiest fixtures in these final twenty games including Coventry (a), Ipswich (h), Leeds (a), Hull(a) and Sunderland(a). The way I see it that 10 more wins probably sees us promoted automatically, 12 wins probably sees us win the league (and with over 100 points) and 14 wins guarantees the record. 

90 points has been enough to guarantee promotion in every season in championship history. However, I'm convinced the required points total to confirm promotion will be higher than ever before, given how how many points the top four have racked up. 

6 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Two tough games, but only two more (league) this month so we should be able to field a strong side each time. In terms of schedule it's not too bad at all.  

Yeah, I meant the nexr four weeks, not just January. We'll get to see how well we cope with our absentees as well as all opposition now knowing much more about us and how to stifle us (think i.e. of the second half of our PL winning campaign).

• Like 1

It would take an unprecedented collapse for us to not go up automatically.

For context, we'd need a bigger collapse than the one in 2020 in the run up to & following on from the COVID break.

The points per game that we need to stay above Southampton and Leeds is pretty much just mid-table form as long as they don't somehow match our first half to the season, which they won't.

Gamblers' fallacy is betting against the current trend because you think its 'due' to change. It isn't. We're not less likely to win our next game because we've already won a shit load, we're winning a shit load because we're highly likely to win each game. I can't be arsed to actually do the maths (a few of you already probably have) but seriously, mathematically, the odds of us not finishing top 2 are astronomically small for a reason.

54 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, I meant the nexr four weeks, not just January. We'll get to see how well we cope with our absentees as well as all opposition now knowing much more about us and how to stifle us (think i.e. of the second half of our PL winning campaign).

True, but then Enzo's had more time to implement his style.  

I think what's encouraging for me is that we've now started beating teams who press us aggressively, whereas we did have a bit of bother with that earlier in the season, Leeds, Sunderland and Boro come to mind, albeit we beat Sunders.  At times we've even been slightly more direct to take advantage of the space behind.  

I simply assume that any team parking the bus will succumb eventually, certainly 99 times out of a 100.  I think that's generally the worst way to approach playing us, be interesting to see if many teams try it second half of the season.  

Cov is definitely going to be a test.  They'll be up for it.  But I'm still pretty confident we'll win the next ten in a row :beer:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's the competition for me. It's bound to be, we have players that we paid £20m for and it's obvious we are stronger than most, if not all, teams we've played (Leeds an exception at our place and Southampton now looking better). We beat Cardiff over Christmas and they looked like a side who could be 20th, not top 10. Can't remember the last time opposition impressed me, I always feel like I expect more from some teams (WBA as an example). Perhaps Sunderland, they were creative and came at us.

The difference in finishing is huge compared to the Premier League. There are misses against us this season that half decent PL strikers would have scored. That's my worry for next season but I just want us to win this league, and get out of it, first.

I mean FFs…look at  those conversion rates..

Even the PL strikers all of them miss the target or see their attempts saved blocked fked up on a regular basis…

sort of a lazy shot..

Because one would expect PL strikers to earn their bread,they are better quality,

but you can only compare,when we ourselves are competing in the  PL, after we earned promotion,and developed and evolved over these 20 games,

plus,small tweaks and changes have been made including some incoming transfers

I find with this post,your expectations on what is delivered

in reality is somewhat OTT.

If your not impressed today,then give some examples of seasons past where top 15 championship  over seasons delivered higher performances..

It was never obvious we are stronger…this whole forum and situation was worrying if we could stand our ground and compete for just top 6, or dive into the next league.  FT was shitting itself even into the first few games,Enzo being questioned.

I always prefer to wait and see and has a fan,believe everytime is a 3 Pter. until proved otherwise…

No my friend you are using the whole cabash

as it was predained,

where in reality one is clever after the event..

Every phase you have doubted, but Enzo‘s squad has picked up the guantlet and stepped up to the plate…Everytime.

This doesn’t mean,we haven’t got our job cut out,when we achieve promotion,but isn’t that the idea…?
Earn and prove your right to compete,

and take on the challenge that’s before you..

And not weasel,through every challenge

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

spot on mate. we've got away with it on many occasion at key points in games as well. 

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I reckon the lads could take the next month off, go on a nice holiday, forfeit the games missed and still piss the league 

So long as there are no fire extinguishers…

• Haha 2