Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Riyad Mahrez - 10 Years

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

10 years.. mental, feels like the other day. What a player. The Vardy-Mahrez years were an absolute pleasure to witness

Yes - fantastic to watch. Vardy must have loved playing on the same side as him.

That first season I met him after the Doncaster game - he was on the high street getting tons of cash out of the cash machine where TJs is. Wearing his Championship winners medal. Barely spoke English - asked if he was going the World Cup in Brazil (2014) - just did a lot of nodding and smiling. 

• Like 1

I know he rubbed us fans the wrong way towards the end and some can’t still forgive him but for me he was my favourite player for many reasons. Vardy is a close second than Kasper and Kante and big Wes & Albrighton.

The documentary bio that was produced by man city was excellent and really illustrated his tough upbringing and start. It is a magical story. Lots of footage from his time with us too. Particular interesting is learning about his time growing up in france and short stint in Scotland.

• Like 2

Phenomenal player. Utterly sublime.

I've said a lot about his personality ( and I don't view him as a nice person at all ) but I won't bother expanding on this here.

As a player the man was as close to a genius as I've ever seen in my lifetime. I didn't get to see Best, Weller, Worthington, Pele, or Maradonna. I did get to see Mahrez and I will almost certainly be talking about his ability until I lose my mind.

• Like 1

Absolute class act, you could tell he was a special player early doors, his first touch and ability to take the ball in his stride was absurd.

Took a year to get fully up to speed in the Prem but when we did, phenomenal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

When I think of Mahrez I just always think of his first touch. Probably as good as I’ve ever seen 

Yeah this I don’t think he gets near enough recognition for his sublime first touch. He couldn’t just trap a ball as well as anyone ever has (and he really could), he could put his first touch to seemingly exactly where he wanted it to be to create space for himself to take a player on/make the killer pass/take the shot. He was majestic and I still maintain as much as Kante was influential and Vardy is the goat and every other argument for every other player, many of which legitimate, Riyad is hands down the best player I’ve ever seen in a Leicester shirt and is up there with the best players I’ve ever seen full stop

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Only when we are in our nursing homes will we fully appreciate how good  Vards and Riyad were.

Some of the goals they scored were just magical.

This guy was in a different league in the role he had, no one comes near in a Leicester shirt.

I bet when he looks back on his career later in life he will realize his best and most memorable season was when we won the league.

I know he won the Champions league but I don't think he started in the final did he ?

• Like 1