Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Riyad Mahrez - 10 Years

Just now, AKCJ said:

On his right foot btw

I'll never forget that goal.  I was there, watching from very close to his position.  His touch!  And I'm sure it was pouring down at the time which made the perfection of the pass even more incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember that Blackpool game, I think we went a goal down before Mahrez announced himself on the scene. A real privilege that a player of his quality and ability played for us, hard to see as naturally a gifted player ever playing for us again in their prime.

His goal against Man City in the title winning season for me was a stand out memory, the way he lifted the ball over otamendi on the run and then his step overs before smashing it in the net was a thing of beauty. 

I loved it so much I purchased a close up still of it I think from the photographs of the game. The intention was always to try and get it signed but I didn’t fulfill that wish unfortunately. I’ll fish it out and post it sometime.

Edited by JayTheFox
  • Like 2

The goal against Man. City when he laid the ball on a plate for Vards, was absolutely sublime. I’m sure if Man. City or Liverpool had scored a goal like that, it would be shown over and over. Brilliantly gifted player and his control of a long high ball, was worth the ticket money alone. Pity he left on a sour note, but will always have legendary status due to his contribution to the title.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

The goal against Man. City when he laid the ball on a plate for Vards, was absolutely sublime. I’m sure if Man. City or Liverpool had scored a goal like that, it would be shown over and over. Brilliantly gifted player and his control of a long high ball, was worth the ticket money alone. Pity he left on a sour note, but will always have legendary status due to his contribution to the title.

Vardy and Mahrez had a special bond on the pitch, there goals, assists ratio was nuts.

We were so lucky to have at his best. What he achieved with LCFC was at another level. Still better than what did at Man City, where they are expected to win the titles they did.

Absolute LCFC legend and his legacy will always live on in the hearts of true LCFC fans🏆🏆🏆

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He could effortlessly put defenders on their arse even though they knew what he was going to do. 

Reminds me of a game against Villa when he put 3-4 players on their arse with his footwork. Amazing player, the most talented I've ever seen.

• Like 4

Without doubt the most talented player I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt and for me is up there as being one of the most technically gifted players the Premier league has ever seen. An absolute joy to watch. His ball control was one of the best ever. I remember when he joined Man C and one of my best mates is a season ticket holder there and he said he'll be a decent bench warmer for us. I replied and said he'll be your best player alongside De Bruyne and he just laughed and said no chance. Well for me, he was Man C's best player alongside De Bruyne. 

Never seen a player so consistently and effortlessly control a ball dead. Long ball from Kasper to Mahrez, perfect touch every single time. Loved his goal vs Chelsea and him putting three Villa defenders on their arses!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Reminds me of a game against Villa when he put 3-4 players on their arse with his footwork. Amazing player, the most talented I've ever seen.

The only other player have seen do that was Jimmy Greaves....special talents

Simply the best from a technical perspective, a truly unique player with his own style.

The goal vs Chelsea at home and even the assist for Ulloa at home vs Stoke where he megs the defender - have never seen such brilliance during live games - what an atmosphere and style of football we had back then.

Electric and the most entertaining city side I've seen. The possession stats were low but every time we got the ball the crowd would go mad!!

Could talk all day about his great goals. Obviously the Man City ons is seen as the best bur Chelsea one is my favourite. The touch, the turning of Azpilicueta, and Mourinho getting fired the next day. Now I'm off to youtube to watch all his great goals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

Simply the best from a technical perspective, a truly unique player with his own style.

The goal vs Chelsea at home and even the assist for Ulloa at home vs Stoke where he megs the defender - have never seen such brilliance during live games - what an atmosphere and style of football we had back then.

Electric and the most entertaining city side I've seen. The possession stats were low but every time we got the ball the crowd would go mad!!

Totally forgot about the Stoke assist. Which in turn reminded of the assist for Vardy in the 4-2 Man City game, in the pouring rain.