Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Coventry Away Match thread

He's absolute chaos which is why we all love him, and I don't believe that's a red, but no way should you fly in in that area of the pitch, emotions are high I understand that, but I think he's shown his inexperience there 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

I actually love the way he flies into stuff.  One of the things that make him so great to watch. He's so fast twitch and springy like when he's defending back post and outjumps everyone despite his size. Challenge was reckless but never a red. Hope Enzo doesn't try to coach the crazy out of him

Well he's already cutting inside keeping it simple more often than not now so 🤔

Both silly tackles

PK given after 2 handball shouts

Red given after he isn’t sure he should’ve given the PK

ref isn’t giving himself time to make decisions and is getting rattled in a pub league derby 

That is a truly appalling decision for the red. It's late but his foot is very low. The pen is interesting. Initially I thought it was never a pen but you see the replay and the defender gets the ball but then takes out Dewsbury-Hall thigh high, so you can see why it's given.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

It was the speed of the Tackle fooled the Ref. His foot never left the ground so it was never dangerous, just late.  A Yellow at most.

it is, if there was VAR i think the red would be turned into a yellow and the yellow thomas got would be turned into a red

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashdav86 said:

Stupid challenge in the circumstances

Yeah, because players should know that a referee can look to ‘balance’ a situation.

I don’t think we should be too harsh on the kid though - he’s made a mistake - it’s now on his teammates to pull him out of it with a BIG 45.

It’ll be interesting to see how we setup for the second half!

• Like 1

Damn before that red card I was loving the game. End-to-end stuff high on excitement and high quality play. The move for the Casadei chance was outstanding! Faes and Winks have been outstanding for me so far.

The red card changes everything, because now we won't dominate possession. At the same time it might make things harder for them, their best moves are coming from Sakamoto who looks like a really good player, but now with fewer gaps in behind they are going to have to fashion the opportunity.

I have been really impressed by both teams. I don't like Coventry, but Mark Robbins is a good manager. Their gameplan has caused us problems.

It's a shame we don't have Daka right now because he would be the change I would make, to make counter attacks more dangerous.

• Like 3

Very sloppy first half. Felt Coventry were marginally the better team, but probably just because it's their cup final

Penalty was debatable, but the challenge itself was way more dangerous than Abdul red, although he was flying in needlessly.. just needed to go in at half time with 11 men 1 up and it was in the bag

Refs tried to even the game up with crap decisions and really done a number on us 

Cannons not been involved  I'd take him off and bring on kacey to keep the shape, minus a 9 and bring choudhury on for casadei to add that grit we are missing 

Don't concede in the first 15 .. we'll still create chances.

Abdul may aswell have gone to the afcon