Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Coventry Away Match thread

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You can guarantee if the roles are reversed we’re calling the ref a willy puller.

Exactly - we would be fuming if that was given as a penalty against us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

Inconsistency striking again ?

Is one much worse than the other ..

It’s still better than waiting for fifteen minutes for VAwank to come out with some absurd decision that rheybhave to wake everyone up to announce. It’s what makes the game febrile. Love it. Even when it’s pants and goes against us. 

• Like 3

Just now, don_danbury said:

Hopefully wont make much difference as fatawu was dog shit in the game anyway 

He was playing right back and helping us keep some sort of shape. We’ll be running after the ball all half now which we’re simply not used to.

Take a ****ing draw now. Ref has ruined this 

Just now, VictorFox said:

Regardless if we think it was a red or not something like that has been coming from fatawu for a while now we’ve all said it 

The one against Birmingham got a lot of coverage didn’t it - refs watch these things too.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Damn before that red card I was loving the game. End-to-end stuff high on excitement and high quality play. The move for the Casadei chance was outstanding! Faes and Winks have been outstanding for me so far.

The red card changes everything, because now we won't dominate possession. At the same time it might make things harder for them, their best moves are coming from Sakamoto who looks like a really good player, but now with fewer gaps in behind they are going to have to fashion the opportunity.

I have been really impressed by both teams. I don't like Coventry, but Mark Robbins is a good manager. Their gameplan has caused us problems.

It's a shame we don't have Daka right now because he would be the change I would make, to make counter attacks more dangerous.

You're both right and wrong I think. Yes it'll spoil the game, but Leicester will now knock it about more to keep it away from Cov.

Been impressed by Cov though, they've pressed us in our own half throughout, not seen a team do that to us this season, they're usually happy to let us knock it about, which of course is a bad idea (for them).

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I'd like a comfortable 3-0 victory and 2-0 up at half time for us.

We have reviewed your request.

We have determined your desire for a "comfortable" match viewing experience is incompatible with the Enzoball mission statement.

You are granted 50 minutes of intense discomfort, with the potential for pure pain at any given moment.

We need to keep our heads now and keep it as tight as we can for 20’mins after half time now no silly challenges and keep the ball as much as possible make tyem

make a mistake . They get a goal early in the second half they will go on to win 

Just now, Messi said:

Exactly - we would be fuming if that was given as a penalty against us. 

You would be fuming, but you'd be wrong. Whether or not you win the ball, if your taking someone out, studs up at thigh height, then it's a foul. 

• Like 1

It's incredibly stupid from Fatawu to make the challenge in the first place and he needs an absolute bollocking for it from Enzo, but it's extremely harsh and I struggle to see it being given if VAR was in play

The standard of the refereeing in this league almost makes me long for the relative competence of Prem refs