Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I think the lads get a pass, given the red.

Using up a bit of our credit at the top.

Anyway...  rear view mirror.

Onwards.

Definite pass, they've earned it

• Like 1

I was furious about this but then my son (7, back in the U.K. and FaceTiming me) told me to look at the league table and now I feel slightly better. 

it’s more because it’s them than the loss. Ah well. Now they’ve won their cup final they’ll wake up tomorrow and realise that they still live in Coventry, with their ring road that looks like a Scalextric and their city centre that looks like a zombie apocalypse. 

the best song about your town is about how rotten it is. All the best. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Enzo's tactics totally baffling second half - you need a threat on the counter when you're down to 10.

Enzo doesn't counter attack and the changes he did make seemed to discourage it more so

3 minutes ago, DarkTranquillity said:

Red card ruined the game, but their defender should have also seen red for a ridiculously high tackle.

Too much sloppy passing and the lack of desire was infuriating. They wanted it more.

Still, we're 10 points clear and will still win the keague.

He wasn’t sent off because of the double jeopardy rule - we got the pen instead.

Edited by ClaphamFox

Fatawu’s recklessness let the team down. With ten men we didn’t have an out ball and had to rely on grit and discipline. 

Fair play to Coventry. They kept piling on the pressure and made us pay. If you keep working and turning the defence, you will generally get rewarded. Unfortunately, they did today.

7 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

No doubt if we will need new centre backs in the premier, the current ones just stop gaps for championship 

Exactly. I just hope the club understand that. The fact we so far haven't seemingly been looking in the transfer window for Premier League potential centre backs is somewhat concerning though.

If the ref is sending Fatawu off, then he has to have sent their guy off for the pen, which was high and far more reckless.

That said, we wasn't playing well beforehand, although I still think 11 v 11 we would have been better second half and gone on to win comfortably.

Disappointed with Enzo to be honest with the subs, just seemed negative and gave us nothing going forward. 

Would rather have kept Mavadidi on, more of an outlet ball than McAteer, and left it too late to make the second sub, and certainly wouldn't have took Cannon off, leaving us with no striker on the pitch at all.

Still, we move onwards and start again.

• Like 1

Terrible refereeing performance has cost us. 

Back end of the first half we were getting our game together, so stupid from Fatawu. Although it doesn't seem a red it was daft to say the least. Gave the ref a decision to make. 

I've seen some shit refs in my time but that is well and truly up there. Absolutely wank.

Beat Ipswich and we're back on our way

• Like 3