Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Are you ****ing stupid?

Palmer got the ball first and was clear when he got the ball however the follow through was reckless and dangerous with studs up above the knee.

That's means the initial challenge was clean however the follow through was dangerous therefore a red card.

Right, so its dangerous and therefore is a foul and therefore is a penalty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can't work out if it feels worse to have a game spoiled when had absolutely everything going to plan .....or if I'd be more annoyed if we'd have thrown it away second half in a normal 11v11

Either way, it feels shite - and feels as if the Cov public have been short changed but not seeing one of our masterclasses!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

Incidentally Callum O’Hare looks a decent player.

Wouldn't be surprised if many supporters would want someone like him at LCFC, despite his antics, given his quality.

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

:unsure:

So...

Let me get this straight...

You believe a defender can get a red card in their own penalty area without conceding a penalty?

:dunno:

Technically it is possible 🤣 a defender could throw a punch at an attacker when a corner is waiting to be taken.  Red in the area, no pen 🤣

• Like 1

That's on Abdul, unfortunately. Just get to half time and don't give the useless twat with the whistle an excuse to flap it.

Can't fault the effort second half though, they didn't fold, scrapped for it and weren't far off getting something. Not a lot you can do with 10 men sometimes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I just don’t see how you can get that from watching us. Cov had the better of the game and the ball for the first 20 mins and we didn’t fold, dramatically or otherwise.

We didnt fold in the first 20 minutes because Coventry aren't very good. The difference is we just folded later than if it was a Premier League quality team applying that pressure.

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Been to and/or watched us on TV all season. Missed 2 games I think

Notoriously slow in first half but today I felt we were off it. Was never going to be easy with it being their cup final, but we were extra sloppy with keeping the ball and positionally defensively.

Went one up and had to get to half time, then I felt the usual second half battering was coming on outside. 

Abdul messed up.. young and it happens

Enzo got his tactics wrong 

I do however feel its on the ref too   he was terrible. He thought he'd evened up the pen by putting us a man down.. how palmer who must've committed 5 fouls in the second half stayed on the pitch until subbed I don't know.

When they subbed him I said to my son, that's our opportunity to even the numbers up gone.

What frustrated me wasn't necessarily the loss given the circumstances  it was how we lost.

We made challenges all game, but for the equaliser we just backed off and then after that gave up 

That being said we'll still be at least 10 clear of third so we're entitled to a sh1t show.. hopefully it's just the one

I find it hard to belive you can take that stance and watch us play. The first half was almost vintage us under maresca. All about the possession, overload one side and switch it letting Coventry do little sprints all over the place. We do it every single game. It was as normal as it could possibly be. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 3

Still flying high at the top regardless but we’re a pretty grim watch for long periods of matches which can be baffling given our squad.

Still waiting for that season defining statement win.

Enzo got it wrong second half, we still need outlets and still need to push up but can’t complain to much when you look at the table

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

We didnt fold in the first 20 minutes because Coventry aren't very good. The difference is we just folded later than if it was a Premier League quality team applying that pressure.

You said we fold just as dramatically as last season, when we clearly don’t. Now you’re making excuses for the quality of the opposition and ignoring the fact we played for so long with 10.

We have the best defence in the league.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Are you ****ing stupid?

Palmer got the ball first and was clear when he got the ball however the follow through was reckless and dangerous with studs up above the knee.

That's means the initial challenge was clean however the follow through was dangerous therefore a red card.

Dude, it’s the SAME tackle. You get a red in the box while making a tackle and it’s a pen - regardless of where the ball ended up

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 3