Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I find it hard to belive you can take that stance and watch us play. The first half was almost vintage us under maresco. All about the possession, overload one side and switch it letting Coventry do little sprints all over the place. We do it every single game. It was as normal as it could possibly be. 

Well I watch all the games either at the kp or stream and that's my stance.

We played the usual way but with zero quality. Usually by about 20mins we feel our way in to the game and take over and look solid defensively 

I thought we looked sloppy all over the pitch.. more so than usual. I could see we was trying to play the usual way but wasn't on it.. but I felt that could be because they were more up for it 

Its done now anyway

18 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Are you ****ing stupid?

Palmer got the ball first and was clear when he got the ball however the follow through was reckless and dangerous with studs up above the knee.

That's means the initial challenge was clean however the follow through was dangerous therefore a red card.

I'm dying to know how you think the game would be restarted if he's sent off and there's no penalty.

Their training ground is at Ryton-on-Dunsmore. Basically, it's just a fenced-off field in the middle of nowhere - just what you'd expect from a tin-pot club. Next to it is the venue for occasional antique toy fairs organised by Barry Potter. Basically you've got a tin-pot club training next the place where you can buy tin-plate toys!  

Edited by String fellow

Enzo was just interviewed post match - anyone watch it?

Nige is talking right now on the commentary panel. Says the result was fair.

Let's be measured about this defeat folks. There is no mystery everything that is obvious has been picked apart already.

Most of all for me is our mental focus & desire for this game did not 'appear' to match Covs from kickoff.

We played them 1st game of the season and knew how much this rivalry means to them (more than us).

Enzo is new to the derby dynamic maybe he didn't instill enough in the team today as it showed throughout the game.

If our respect and intensity matched covs we don't lose that game maybe draw or even win.

How many times have we seen games where a team goes down to 10 and plays like they went up a player not down? It's about desire!

It is possible but this was new for the team and Enzo and they didn't react correctly. They will learn.

What abdul did was rash and was not necessary - he will learn thats inexperience for you. 

Ref was not perfect but are they ever? They drop clangers but we can't expect any favors from them.

We still could have controlled this game but we relinquished it to Cov and they pushed to win more than we pushed to defend for our lives for a point.

Take emotion out that was a really good test and one of the best all season!

Yes we failed but we can learn a ton from it and I'm sure there will be a very BIG debrief on Monday by the coaches.

Enzo will look at himself too and learn too.

It's disappointing so let's turn that into fire in the belly and have a different attitude next game.

Sometimes being top of the table a malaise can set it you drop your guard a little and you come up against a team that is technically good and has

desire and hunger to hurt you. I'm putting it all down to poor preparation the rest is history.

• Like 1

On my view sometimes there is too much tippy tappy football and too slow going backwards and sideways. Wide players were ineffective today which isn't the norm for us. We just didn't click today. Missed Ndidi in midfield. Never really created much and penalty was out of the blue. Ref didn't help but just one of those days I guess.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

They would but it doesn't make it any easier to take does it.

I forgot how ****ing awful this feels. 

You’ll get plenty of chances to experience this feeling next season I imagine. We all will. 

• Sad 1

I am amazed at the criticism aimed at Enzo, not sure what people expected him to do, whilst the red was possibly harsh, the actual tackle was nothing less than reckless and stupid given the context of the game. The ref had just given a penalty that had rattled their crowd and then Abdul gives him a golden opportunity to even things up and the reality was it was always going to be an uphill struggle to defend a lead against a decent team with a man down for an entire half. 

Really not sure what other subs he could have made that would have strengthened us in the last 15, I actually thought up to their equaliser we were playing well and containing them, goal came a little out of the blue and from then on they made their numerical advantage count, truth is all 3 goals from Cov were quality finishes, however we still created chances in the 2nd half albeit they were sporadic. 

Of course it’s disappointing to lose but I would be interested to hear what changes, tactical tweaks and formation the so called experts on here would have done to ensure that we not only won the game but also dominated. 

Let’s dust ourselves down, pull together, back the lads and Manager to put it right next week. There will be bumps in the road but we have shown after setbacks we come back well and learn from them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

You said we fold just as dramatically as last season, when we clearly don’t. Now you’re making excuses for the quality of the opposition and ignoring the fact we played for so long with 10.

We have the best defence in the league.

I've been through this before so forgive me if I can't find the time to rehash it in detail, but my point has been that this defence against Premier League quality opposition, or in this case under sustained pressure, is still as fragile as last season.

We've not had to defend against quality or deal with sustained pressure for most of the season, but any time we have, like today, does nothing to disprove my point. 

Why do some teams play almost as well with 10 when we always seem to have a backs to the wall struggle? Couldn’t we have moved to a 342 or 441 and played it longer and turned them round a bit? I know it’s not how we play but we should have a plan B when ad if we go down to 10 men, it’s not as if it’s unusual in this non contact sport we watch these days!

Tough to say but Cov were the better side today as well imo.

Just now, ceebeefox said:

Why do some teams play almost as well with 10 when we always seem to have a backs to the wall struggle? Couldn’t we have moved to a 342 or 441 and played it longer and turned them round a bit? I know it’s not how we play but we should have a plan B when ad if we go down to 10 men, it’s not as if it’s unusual in this non contact sport we watch these days!

It is the first time under this manager we have been down to ten so nothing to compare it with.

1 minute ago, ceebeefox said:

thought it was pretty even first half. cant really count past that because of the red

8 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Their training ground is at Ryton-on-Dunsmore. Basically, it's just a fenced-off field in the middle of nowhere - just what you'd expect from a tin-pot club. Next to it is the venue for occasional antique toy fairs organised by Barry Potter. Basically you've got a tin-pot club training next the place where you can buy tin-plate toys!  

And they showed a ton more fight than our princesses from their shiny new state-of-the-art ego-pampering centre. 

• Like 1