Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

Yeah I’ve reacted bad to it. Because once again in a game what means a lot to supporters, when it became about to showing some real grit we failed. Yes Faes looking at you 

Never seen celebrations like it for a league game. But that’s what football should be 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I'm dying to know how you think the game would be restarted if he's sent off and there's no penalty.

The ball went out of play so a goal kick.

It would restart the same as if somone up the field randomly headbutt or elbows somone 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Their training ground is at Ryton-on-Dunsmore. Basically, it's just a fenced-off field in the middle of nowhere - just what you'd expect from a tin-pot club. Next to it is the venue for occasional antique toy fairs organised by Barry Potter. Basically you've got a tin-pot club training next the place where you can buy tin-plate toys!  

.............but we still lost

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

I've been through this before so forgive me if I can't find the time to rehash it in detail, but my point has been that this defence against Premier League quality opposition, or in this case under sustained pressure, is still as fragile as last season.

We've not had to defend against quality or deal with sustained pressure for most of the season, but any time we have, like today, does nothing to disprove my point. 

Fair enough.

That's not quite how you put it in your initial post, nor did you mention premier league opposition - which we won’t face this season, any not without additional signings next seasons should we be promoted, making it a moot point.

My point is that over 27 league games, there has been cumulatively quite a lot of pressure on our defence and we have conceded the fewest number of goals.

Today is not a reasonable game on which to judge our defensive resilience in my opinion because we were playing with 10 men for most of the game (while not conceding with 11 on the pitch).

• Like 1

If we were Coventry - at home, 45 mins against 10 men - we would expect to win. So the result is no surprise and expected. Forget it, move on to the next game. i would have been happy with a draw pre-game because of their form and home advantage anyway, so only a point lost in my eyes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The ball went out of play so a goal kick.

It would restart the same as if somone up the field randomly headbutt or elbows somone 

1. Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

• a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
  • bites or spits at someone on the team lists or a match official
  • throws an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object

See also offences in Law 3

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

the reverse angle casts doubt on that for me, he's always along the ground and its foot to foot, given a studs up knee high tackle wasn't deemed a red I think we'll chance our arm with an appeal

Taken the incidents in isolation, the Fatawu one looked a straight red and like he was off his feet, out of control but maybe I better find some other footage 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Taken the incidents in isolation, the Fatawu one looked a straight red and like he was off his feet, out of control but maybe I better find some other footage 

Hardly a leg breaker was it?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

the one from our goal gives the clearest view I've seen on first viewing live I thought clear red so I'm not angry the ref did like others seem to be, his only clear error was their defender staying on for the penalty

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

the one from our goal gives the clearest view I've seen on first viewing live I thought clear red so I'm not angry the ref did like others seem to be, his only clear error was their defender staying on for the penalty

And not sending Kasey Palmer off 

• Like 1

I suppose today was going to happen…

It really was a bad day at the office,but

being the team we are…going down to

10 men is no excuse..Again in 2nd half we rode the storm,

after 60 minutes we let things happen’Coventry were not

getting anywhere,but we didn’t have any positive  intent.

Plus once again in the and around Penalty box we fail

to make the 2nd ball ours,and don’t face up..

Mads a bit more worrying,those 3 shots, on a good day he might

have(should) saved 2

Defenders CBs not getting near the ballin final 2 yards.So no influence

The above we have to see more detailed  progress and reaction to these failings,

or more teams in this 2nd half of the season will rip us one.

like I said bad day at the office..

From my Fans perspective,we draw with Ipswich I will be happy..keeps them at bay.

No need for concern,we are still comfortable in the driving seat,despite hitting a pothole..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

And not sending Kasey Palmer off 

if you want to go down that line Hamza should have gone for a second yellow too so I'm inclined to be more generous over a potential second yellow

• Like 1