Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

if you want to go down that line Hamza should have gone for a second yellow too so I'm inclined to be more generous over a potential second yellow

Hamza wasn't already on a booking, so that's not applicable.

3 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Are we just going to except that it was a shit game from start to finish & move on from it.

Sometimes you need a game like this to kick on.

still top of the league, we will bounce back!

Any day but today

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hamza wasn't already on a booking, so that's not applicable.

he was, he got booked for bringing the Japanese winger down then brought the full back down in a similar way

• Like 1

I’m as annoyed as anyone but some of the OTT reactions are ridiculous.

Did Enzo get it wrong? Probably

Was Fatawu silly for giving the ref a decision to make? Definitely

Is it all about dusting ourselves off and getting ready for a tough game at home against Ipswich? 100%

BUT can people please stop banging on about breaking Reading’s record….just complete the target set at the start of the season just get promoted.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 3

Disappointing and deflating but we move on, we now have a mini-break if you like, which whenever we've lost this season we've gone away and came back stronger, hopefully this will make us even more resolute. 

On the mini-break I mention - It's a good thing for the players to rest, recover and reset, but you wanna get the next game to get over this.

Now, I felt we were vulnerable all match, i've been saying the 2nd half was the worst we've played all season but let's have in right, in truth it was probably the worst match we've played all season, take nothing away from Coventry they're probably not the best team we've played all season but they're amongst one of the best we've played as much as that pains me to say.

We got the goal, which at the time I didn't think was a penalty, having seen a photo it was most definitely a penalty and they should have been down to 10, photo's always look worse though, I hoped that'd give us some momentum and kick start us, Fatawu had a brain fart - Possibly not a red(?) but he was late, he went through the back of the Coventry player - He gave the referee a decision to make - Referee was poor for both sides.

Once we were down to 10 going into HT you always felt up against it, especially as I said we looked vulnerable with 11.

Onto Enzo, think he needs to take alot of the heat on this one - Poor subs, lack of subs and no fucking plan B, it's one of many frustrating things in the 'Modern game', it's like it's a bad thing to have a plan B, it's infuriating, I'm fully behind how we're playing, why we're playing like it but we were up against it for once and we looked clueless, it only makes my fear stronger about how we'll struggle when we go up because we will not be allowed and cannot play this way at the higher level.

This one leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but in the grand scheme of things we move on, it's just because of who we lost to.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, it was Casadei for an earlier foul.

thought the commentators said both had been booked, they both hacked at him.

EDIT: commentators were wrong, just checked Hamza wasn't booked at all

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

Fair enough.

That's not quite how you put it in your initial post, nor did you mention premier league opposition - which we won’t face this season, any not without additional signings next seasons should we be promoted, making it a moot point.

My point is that over 27 league games, there has been cumulatively quite a lot of pressure on our defence and we have conceded the fewest number of goals.

Today is not a reasonable game on which to judge our defensive resilience in my opinion because we were playing with 10 men for most of the game (while not conceding with 11 on the pitch).

You're right that today is not the ideal day to illustrate that point due to the 10 men, although 3 in a half against that level of opposition should be folding in anyone's book regardless of the amount of men on the pitch.

We have conceded a lot of chances (not quite the same as pressure as the opposition is below our level) this season and my point has been that we would have conceded similar numbers to last season had we conceded the same amount of chances against Premier League quality opposition, such is the difference in how clinical players are at this level. I've also said that should we sign the right players to go along with the promotion confidence it can be fixed.

Hopefully the club get it and we are planning new defensive signings, but the way we're persisting with Verstergaard, who is not Premier League quality, over assimilating Coady, who is, and aren't appearing to be prioritising defenders in the transfer market, is a concern.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh dear. I’m so sorry. I didn’t realise you were completely insane. My apologies. 

haven't you heard, its scenes of the future Vardy movie, his last act in football is scoring the goal that seals the league win and lifting the trophy as captain

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

You're right that today is not the ideal day to illustrate that point due to the 10 men, although 3 in a half against that level of opposition should be folding in anyone's book regardless of the amount of men on the pitch.

We have conceded a lot of chances (not quite the same as pressure as the opposition is below our level) this season and my point has been that we would have conceded similar numbers to last season had we conceded the same amount of chances against Premier League quality opposition, such is the difference in how clinical players are at this level. I've also said that should we sign the right players to go along with the promotion confidence it can be fixed.

Hopefully the club get it and we are planning new defensive signings, but the way we're persisting with Verstergaard, who is not Premier League quality, over assimilating Coady, who is, and aren't appearing to be prioritising defenders in the transfer market, is a concern.

Couldn’t agree more. We will likely get promoted barring a Rodgers style collapse, but the journey into the promised land will be short in my opinion. Playing like this without significant upgrades across the pitch, which we won’t get, will see us get battered off the park in many games. That’s why I’m enjoying this season for what it is. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Technically it is possible 🤣 a defender could throw a punch at an attacker when a corner is waiting to be taken.  Red in the area, no pen 🤣

I "think" even that would be a penalty, though I take your point, ball not in play, so not 100% sure. 

I think it would be possible for dissent with a second yellow, which would be an indirect free kick. 

Though neither these or yours apply to the incident in question, which I appreciate you understand, you're just pointing it out and may well be right.

Guest glasgowfox

It happens....think the ref was terrible but Coventry deserved to win....imo we were lucky to beat them at home so a bit of balance.  The lads did OK but let's move on.  

Weirdly, despite this being one of heaviest defeats, and against Coventry....I've come away more frustrated at other losses than I have today.

I think I had come to terms at half time that we weren't going to come away with 3 points.

• Like 1