Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Coventry away post match 3-1 defeat

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

In what way? That was a textbook Roger’s performance in a big game

Under Rodgers it was desire and bottle. We just got punished today by sitting dee after a stupid red card. This side have desire and bottle in droves, though it took a dent today. I expected us to hold out. But write it off, and go again! 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Couldn’t agree more. We will likely get promoted barring a Rodgers style collapse, but the journey into the promised land will be short in my opinion. Playing like this without significant upgrades across the pitch, which we won’t get, will see us get battered off the park in many games. That’s why I’m enjoying this season for what it is. 

I'm hoping it's not going to be quite that dramatic, but agree that if we deludedly believe this 'best defence in the country' as is will this time be good enough for the Premier League then there are going to be a lot of sorely disappointed simpletons come next Christmas.

• Like 1

Am I the only one on this forum who isn’t going to blame the sending of for this rubbish performance??? We are poor from start to finish with 11 men it was like we was playing for a 0.0, no attacking threat in the first half with 11, yea we did ok defensively from 45-75 because of the sending off, but for a local derby the players didn’t give enough!! Deserved the loss👎👎👎

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don't think anyone deserves any criticism apart from the referee today. 

It was a poor challenge from Fatawu granted, but it's never a red. 

The penalty should've been a red. 

I agree with all you say. We started ok but never showed enough intensity and speed in attack in their half even though we were breaking the lines well. Coventry did well second half and took advantage of the numerical advantage so fair play to them. Our defensive substitutions did invite them to play in our half.im not a fan of doing that. I hope we learn from that and move on quickly. The Ipswich game becomes even more important as do the upcoming Southampton and Leeds matches. 

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

In what way? That was a textbook Roger’s performance in a big game

Nonsense.  Rodgers was doing this will 1 men on the pitch, this was Enzo trying to deal with 45 minutes of 10 vs 11. It didn't work, but it wasn't textbook Rodgers.

Just now, Lionator said:

I know this club too well, only one club in the 92 would fail to get promoted from here 😭

An over reaction if I've ever seen one. 

Most teams playing a form team away from home with 10 men for half the game would struggle. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Am I the only one on this forum who isn’t going to blame the sending of for this rubbish performance??? We are poor from start to finish with 11 men it was like we was playing for a 0.0, no attacking threat in the first half with 11, yea we did ok defensively from 45-75 because of the sending off, but for a local derby the players didn’t give enough!! Deserved the loss👎👎👎

Yes.. because with 11 men we wouldnt have played the second half camped in our 18 yard box ffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So far this season we’ve followed up bad results with a great run of form. Hopefully we go on another which should see us promoted.

We just didn’t turn up today. I thought even before the red they looked like they wanted it more. 

Not sure what to say about the 2nd half from a tactical perspective as I’m just a fan on a forum but felt like we surely could’ve shown more going forward. Of course the winner was from a corner, not much to moan about this season but it’s getting tedious now